User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Thread titles not correct when edited while viewing in section?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thread titles not correct when edited while viewing in section?

Ok...instead of me posting new threads everytime I have something new for sale, I usually just use one that's still in use. For instance, I had a FAST 90mm intake and LS2/LS7 90mm throttle body for sale, but today, I sold the intake. So now the thread is only left with the throttle body. Well when I went to edit the thread (taking out the intake), I decided to add LS7 injectors. So I added that into the description and changed the title as well. The title now reads: FS: LS2/LS7 90mm throttle body w/actuator & LS7 42 lb. injectors. However, when you are in the Parts For Sale section, viewing all the thread titles, its not up-to-date. Its not until you go into the thread where you see the correct/current title. Why is this? Can it be fixed/changed? I have to get with a moderator everytime this happens to make the title current and viewable. I'm sure it can become a hassle for that person, but I'm sure its better than creating new threads everytime I have something new for sale. If a moderator can go back to make it current, then it should just do it automatically.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

How about just use realistic pricing and **** will sell quickly. Therefore, there
will be no need to edit the thread title.

Honestly, I don't believe users have the ability to edit a title...just mods/admin.
Just edit the contents of the post or something.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you're probably seeing a cached version of the page, try hitting Ctrl-F5 ... if that doesn't work, press and hold the power button on the front of your PC for a minimum of 4 seconds. If you press and release it quickly, it won't work right -- make sure you keep holding it in.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:11 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unit213, I can go in and change the title, but it won't show the changes if you're are in the section looking at the thread titles. Its only when you go into the thread when you see the changes.

Brains, I'm not sure what Control F5 does, but I took your word and it didn't work. I assume the power button for 4 seconds was a joke because that would just turn my computer off.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Old 11-30-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

As far as I can tell, in some sections when you edit the title, it edits both the thread title (which is the one you see in the forum as the title) and the post title, which is the title on the first post in the thread once you're viewing it. Other forums only edit the post title.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

You might just be seeing the delay in updating thread titles on main forum pages. They are not updated instantly for performance reasons. Check back in an hour from when you made the change, and they should be updated.

Quick Reply: Thread titles not correct when edited while viewing in section?