LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   User Support & Resources (https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources-52/)
-   -   Frequent Logout? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/958499-frequent-logout.html)

00pooterSS 07-22-2008 09:58 PM

Frequent Logout?

Searched and read stickies, if I missed it sorry.

I get logged out frequently on this website/forum, no others, just this one. If I walk away for a period of time ( maybe 15-30 minutes ) I have to re-login. Haven't timed it, I just get busy at work and when I check back im logged out, any idea how to fix that?

Revelation Z28 07-22-2008 10:33 PM

enable cookies and click "remember me"

00pooterSS 07-22-2008 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28 (Post 9788677)
enable cookies and click "remember me"

where to find enable cookies? internet tools/options?

edit: just looked didnt see it there, i'll keep looking, thanks.

Revelation Z28 07-22-2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS (Post 9788717)
where to find enable cookies? internet tools/options?

edit: just looked didnt see it there, i'll keep looking, thanks.

are you on firefox?

BadA$$ 07-23-2008 01:38 AM

You can accept all cookies by going to internet options, and then going under privacy. When all of that is done, check "remember me" next to where you type you name to log in. You should be good from there.

cyphur 07-23-2008 08:10 AM

When you log-in - on the web page there is an option box titled "remember me". That will save the cookie onto your computer.

Above are listed how to enable cookies if they aren't already.

00pooterSS 07-23-2008 09:53 AM

No not on firefox,

And thanks for the replies guys.

I have never done the remember me thing before, dosent that allow you to automatically be logged in when you open the webpage from the same i.p. address? (same computer) I didn't want anyone to be able to jump on my computer and not have to put in a password.

Scoggin Dickey 07-23-2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS (Post 9790655)
No not on firefox,

And thanks for the replies guys.

I have never done the remember me thing before, dosent that allow you to automatically be logged in when you open the webpage from the same i.p. address? (same computer) I didn't want anyone to be able to jump on my computer and not have to put in a password.

So you don't want to have to log in but you want everyone else to from the same computer? That's not possible
The remember me box is the only option, otherwise every time you close your browser you will have to log back in

00pooterSS 07-23-2008 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey (Post 9791749)
So you don't want to have to log in but you want everyone else to from the same computer? That's not possible
The remember me box is the only option, otherwise every time you close your browser you will have to log back in

No thats not what I meant at all. And I wasnt closing the browser when it logged out, the only thing I did was not stay active on the website for 15-30 minute range and I would be automatically logged out.

LOL you pretty much misunderstood everything I posted.

I dont want to do the remember me thing because I DO WANT to have to log in, I DO NOT WANT TO BE AUTOMATICALLY LOGGED OFF when I have not closed the browser window.

Problem is if I am inactive on the board for a short period of time I have to re-login.

Seems to be fine after selecting "remember me"