User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

For sale section question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For sale section question

Ads without pictures are one thing, but it's getting ridiculous how many people won't pictures and then just post a link to another forum for us to go look at their pictures, then you have to sign up for that forum just to view the pictures . I'm not saying that LS1tech should REQUIRE pics because some people don't have the luxury of being able to get pictures, but there should be restrictions on linking to other forums or sites for said pictures. If you want to sell it here, be courteous to the people you want money from and post your pictures here for us.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

thats true, i never liked clicking on another link after i clicked to open the thread...let alone registering other places/sites
Old 09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
Ads without pictures are one thing, but it's getting ridiculous how many people won't pictures and then just post a link to another forum for us to go look at their pictures, then you have to sign up for that forum just to view the pictures . I'm not saying that LS1tech should REQUIRE pics because some people don't have the luxury of being able to get pictures, but there should be restrictions on linking to other forums or sites for said pictures. If you want to sell it here, be courteous to the people you want money from and post your pictures here for us.
Yeah really. When I was looking for a car almost every thread linked me to a local F-body forum and you had to sign up to see anything aside from the intro page.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's already rule #3:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/587718-rules-using-classifieds-forums-updated-3-4-09-a.html

If you see someone doing that report the post. Bottom left of the post, the exclamation point sign. Just make sure to explain in the text box why you are reporting it, it makes it a little easier to know what to look for when the mods go take a look at it.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blindxeyed
It's already rule #3:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587718

If you see someone doing that report the post. Bottom left of the post, the exclamation point sign. Just make sure to explain in the text box why you are reporting it, it makes it a little easier to know what to look for when the mods go take a look at it.
Bingo! Thanks man!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahhh, I glanced at that before posting but didn't see it thrown in at the bottom of another rule. Thanks! It drives me nuts
Old 09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

lol.... why are you bitching about this... how sad.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ImStock
lol.... why are you bitching about this... how sad.
+2 kind of.

I see the point of it being a rule, but if you're interested in the product enough there should not be a problem with doing what you have to do.

If not, they lose out. Not you.

It's the internet people.

Waits to be owned.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Counted Out
+2 kind of.

I see the point of it being a rule, but if you're interested in the product enough there should not be a problem with doing what you have to do.

If not, they lose out. Not you.

It's the internet people.

Waits to be owned.
You're right, I shouldn't mind having to sign up for a forum that 'll never frequent again like hardcoremulletsofvictoriacanada.com just so I can view pictures and a full description of an item that they are trying to sell here.

How can you see the point in it being a rule, but not see a reason for us not liking it when people break that rule? That makes no sense
Old 09-16-2008, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
You're right, I shouldn't mind having to sign up for a forum that 'll never frequent again like hardcoremulletsofvictoriacanada.com just so I can view pictures and a full description of an item that they are trying to sell here.

How can you see the point in it being a rule, but not see a reason for us not liking it when people break that rule? That makes no sense
+1

If the person REALLY wants to sell the item/car..it's not that hard to copy and paste the text/photo to the new thread.

Instead of the potential buyer signing up on a crapass new website that will never be visited again, then waiting for email confirmation, then the car being a total piece of crap not worth $32..oh great, at least when my birthday comes around I'll have a "Happy Birthday from CocksuckersofOhio.org/fanclub" email.

Last edited by jetlag; 09-16-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you had to beat hardcoremulletsofvictoriacanada didn't you

Quick Reply: For sale section question