User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

New guy (actual quite old) with question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy (actual quite old) with question

I'm new to LS1 Tech. The only forum like this I've used in the past was the Duramax forum for my truck. I'm use to seeing more responses to questions I need help with. I'm sure their are a lot of trueblooded f-body lovers that would know the answer to my questions but no one seems too chime in? I was wondering if I'm posting them in the wrong place?? any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks Ed

I have an H on my shifter leather covered ball on a2001 WS-6. I'm guessing it is the Hurst shifter. Is the aftermarket short throw one the same?
thanks Ed

Monsoon cuts out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car is new to me. The head unit powers off on its own, tappin the left upper bezel area/ trim gets the power back. Thinking previous owner tapped into power their and now the connection or wire for power is broke or loose. Is their any tricks to pulling the radio to look for the loose wire/ connector? Any guesses?

thanks Ed
Old 10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shifter-pro 5.0 and b&m ripper are the only 2 aftermarket ones ive ever hrard of.

monsoon= crap from what ive heard i would replace with nice deck or buy a regular stock one
Old 10-08-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the shifter I believe is not the same as the aftermarket one. also the bezel for the head unit is a push pin set up so ease them out and the use a 7mm to remove the 2 bolts holding it in check your conections and hopefully its something as simple as him getting lazy reinstalling the stock head unit.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

The "H" or Hurst factory equipped short throw shifter is the not exactly the same unit as the Hurst package you can purchase online. To my knowledge it was the a unit designed solely for the F-body; in order to keep the "heritage" of Hurst and GM as being partners in performance.

As far as the monsoon deck is concerned...I'm with the other guys, turn the factory deck into a paper weight and go the aftermarket route. It's usually cheaper and more reliable, not to mention much better quality of sound.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks for answering my questions.

Thanks for the help, I will go look around the electronic forum for radio options.

Thanks again.
Ed

Quick Reply: New guy (actual quite old) with question