Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1995 Toyota Avalon XLS - Very Reliable

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS - Very Reliable

I am selling my 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS. There is 230k miles on the body and there is 141k miles on the motor. The motor was replaced by Toyota at 100k miles due to their negligence. While getting an oil change, Toyota forgot to put the oil plug back in the oil pan all the way. Some oil leaked out causing the motor to seize, thus having Toyota replace it.

The motor is a 3.0L V6 with an Automatic transmission. I get 23 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the hwy. The timing belt was changed in 2007

This Avalon is equipped with - Four disc brakes including two ventilated discs, space saver spare wheel, strut front suspension with stabilizer bar, rear suspension with stabilizer bar independent with coil springs. All brakes were replaced summer of 2008. I purchased 4 brand new Yokohama Avid TRZ tires in 11/2008. The tires have about 13k miles on them, been rotated 3 times already. I rotate tires every 4k miles. Both front axels were replaced 6/2009

The exterior of the Avalon includes the following: Body side molding, Front and rear body color bumpers, Chrome/bright trim, Driver and passenger power body color door mirrors, Halogen bulb headlights, Tinted glass and Windshield wipers with variable intermittent wipe

The interior of the Avalon includes the following: Air conditioning, Power antenna, Front illuminated ashtray , additional row seats ashtray, Stereo audio system with AM/FM, Automatic drive indicator on dashboard, Front seats illuminated cigar lighter , additional row seats cigar lighter, Clock, Delayed/fade courtesy lights, Cruise control, Cup holders, Door ajar warning, Driver and passenger front airbag, Split bench seat, Low fuel level warning, Power locks, Vehicle speed proportional power steering, Front and rear power windows, Front reading lights, Rear seat center armrest, Mechanical remote fuel filler door release, Mechanical remote trunk/hatch release, Leather seat upholstery, Seating: six seats, Passenger illuminated vanity mirror, Ventilation system with four fan speeds and recirculation setting, Sun roof, Moon roof

There are some flaws with the car. There is a small power steering leak. I need to add fluid to the reservoir every month, the drivers side back rear door, the paint is in bad condition. The passenger side rear door can only be opened from the inside; the rod that connects to the handle fell off

If there are anymore question please feel free to email me or call me at (708) 268-9009 I am asking $1,200 OBO

These are the only pics that I have of the car. Basically looks the same, but ALL windows are tinted 5% all around

Quick Reply: 1995 Toyota Avalon XLS - Very Reliable