Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1969 Chevelle project W/ 404 Stroker LS

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default 1969 Chevelle project W/ 404 Stroker LS

This is an original Arizona 1969 Chevelle 2 door hardtop. I bought the car off the second owner who bought it for his wife in 1970. The car had been parked since 1976 and has 72000 box A miles on it. Original white paint with original silver accents on the rockers. Paint is completely oxidized and will need new paint, but it is original so no hidden accident repairs or rust repair. It has 2 small holes in the bottom of the front fenders and a small dent in the rear valance, but otherwise the body is perfect. It is a non A/C car with factory blue interior, but the interior needs replacement. I already have aftermarket road race style seats for the front. I removed the original 307, 3 speed standard transmission and 10 bolt rear and now the car has a bolt in Ford 9" rear with 3.25 posi. The rear control arms have been replaced with brand new Global West lowers with Del-a-lum bushings and Edelbrock adjustable uppers. I have replaced the front A-arms with brand new Global West tubular upper and lowers set up for coilover shocks. They have the top of the line Del-a-lum bushings in them also. I have brand new Strange double adjustable aluminum coilovers with springs for the front. I have a factory disc brake setup that I haven't installed yet. It has brand new in the box rotors, bearings, and seals. Just the calipers have to be rebuilt or replaced. All factory steel lines are perfect, but I cut all the rubber lines because I was going to replace with stainless braided Russel lines. I already removed the interior and completely cleaned the floorboards and trunk area. Then I painted them with Rustoleum primer and finished in a gloss black Rustoleum paint. I removed the grill and it is in good usable condition. The bumpers are also in good condition. I had to replace the passenger side and rear window because through the years they had gotten broken in the previous owners carport.

I have a brand new stroker 404ci LS engine for the car. All machine work has been done by Larry's Speed and Marine and the engine just has to be assembled and installed. It has a brand new 4340 4" steel crank, Lunati Pro Mod connecting rods and Diamond forged pistons, Clevite race bearings, Akerly and Child rings, All ARP head and main studs, the whole assembly has been balanced and clearanced. I also have a set of Stage 3 ported heads with Ferrera 2.08 intake and 1.60 exhaust valves. I also have a new set of Fel-Pro MLS head gaskets for it. I have a custom grind Comp Cams hydraulic roller that puts the engine over the 550hp mark with the carbed setup and is very mild to live on the street but sound nasty! You can make alot more power with a bigger cam, but I wanted drivability. It also has an aftermarket steel oilpan with baffles built in to fit a Chevelle chassis. The engine comes with a new Edelbrock super victor 4 barrel intake and MSD coil controllers if you want a carbed setup, or I also have a 99 LS1 computer if you decide you want to make it fuel injection that also comes with the car.

You have a choice of 3 transmissions that all come with the car. A stock TH-400, a fairly fresh TH-350 and a 4l60E trans from a 2002 Camaro Z-28. With this engine combo I would highly recommend having any of them rebuilt to handle high horsepower.

I guess that is all. I can offer assembly of the engine and even the whole car from the performance speed shop that I used to work at at a reasonable cost if you are interested. I am willing to sell the engine and car separate if need be. I want $6000.00 for the rolling chassis with all parts except the engine parts. I have well over $7,000 invested in the engine alone, but I will sell the engine parts and electrical components for $5000 as is or $6000 assembled intake to oilpan. If you want the whole car assembled, I can talk with my friend at the shop and arrange a price quote at a reduced hourly rate for you.

I am selling due to lack of time and no garage at my house to finish the car to my standards. Pictures of the car were before the disassembly. I removed the doghouse when I removed the engine and transmission and detailed the firewall and front frame, but the nose has been put back on the car already minus the grill and front bumper. The rallye wheels are not with the car. I put them on there to get the car home. Still had the original bias ply on the car that didn't hold air anymore.

Pics can be seen on the Craigslist ad.... http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/1543314332.html

(520) 906-7306
Old 01-08-2010, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No pics on craiglist LETS SEE THEM!!