Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2006 Trailblazer SS New Engine/Trans 500HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Trailblazer SS New Engine/Trans 500HP

I’m contemplating the idea of selling my SS. Its an 06 AWD LT (3SS) with leather/suede, heated seats, memory seats, sunroof and bose. Ive been looking for another GTO for a few months, and I’ve come to realize that it would make a lot more sense financially to sell the SS. The truck right now has 72,600 miles on the odometer. About 400 miles ago I spun the #6 bearing and the motor was put back together by The Vette Doctors on Long Island. When I spun the bearing, besides what needed to be done to fix the bearing, I did some upgrades. The car still has a GM major guard $0 deductible warranty til 75,000 or I believe another year and a half.

Im asking $21,000 for it as I just put about $12,000 worth of parts into it in the past year NOT including labor. KBB private party value in good condition is 19,600!!

Heres a complete list of the mods to the truck

Engine
-Brand new block -$1250
-Forged pistons (not sure which brand but I can find out if its detrimental) -$500
-Livernois Stage 2 ported LS2 heads - $1400
- Livernois Stage 1 cam (224/230 114LSA) -$400
-JP Timing chain -$100
- Mellings oil pump -$100
-LS7 lifters -$100
- Powerbond pulley with gatorback belts - $240
-VMS Gen 2 intake with IAT relocation -$300
-American Racing headers - $1300
-SLP Catback- $1100

Trans
-RPM Level 6 -$3000
-Circle D converter -$350
-PCMforless trans cooler - $250

Exterior
-Clear/Euro OEM Export headlights -$200
-6000k HIDs in lows and fogs -$200
-Tinted tails and third brake light- $200
-Polished bowtie
- 07 and up Wiper upgrade

Suspension
-Addco sways -$300

Interior
-Aeroforce scan gauge -$250
- 07 rear suede seats

Im sure there are a few mods im missing.

Now there are a few minor issues with the truck most of which are easily taken care of

-The truck has a tune to idle and for the air/fuel but I would recommend a tune to take full potential of the motors capabilities. However it drives perfectly fine with the tune in it
- The truck also hits bumps a little hard in the front end. I have a new set of front springs that I will give to whoever buys the truck
- There also is a slight shake on the highway. Im getting the truck aligned and the wheels balanced this week so that should hopefully be taken care of.
- A couple of the steering wheel control lights are out. They are covered under warranty since they aren’t bulbs that can be replaced. I just have to get the truck over to chevy
-Lastly the truck was hit when my dad was stopped at a red light. All that needed to be replaced was the bumper, exhaust and I believe the reinforcement. That’s when we did the SLP exhaust. I might be able to get pictures of the truck when it was damaged to show that it was only the bumper and exhaust.

Overall the truck is in REALLY good shape. People are surprised at how many miles are on the truck when they see it. The interior can almost pass for being brand new. I always kept two sets of rubber mats in the front and a set of rubber mats in the back. The outside of the truck is really clean too, besides the normal rock chips, there isnt a ding or scratch on it. Also the dealer had a remote start/alarm installed in the truck when it was bought.

I have a bunch more pics if you want and I will be taking pictures of the interior when its above freezing.

Ill get interior pictures this week if it gets above freezing one day

This picture of the rear I just took two days ago

These pics are from about 7 or 8 months ago