Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

'98 Z28 Convertible in excellent condition

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:20 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '98 Z28 Convertible in excellent condition

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Price: $8500
Mileage: 83200
Location (State): TX
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Re-posted the ad for the new classifieds format.
With a good bit of reluctance, we have decided to put my wife's 'vert up for sale. Sebring Silver Metallic A4 with Gray Leather interior and black cloth top (in excellent condition). The car is in excellent shape and has been very well cared for. We purchased it May of 2007 from a fellow LS1tech member who had taken very good care of it. I am very particular about my cars and this one met my standards. Since then it has been under my very obsessive-compulsive care and maintenance regime. Located in Austin, Texas.

We do not need to sell it, but are putting it on the market because my wife bought an SC300 in October 2008 and since then the 'vert mainly just sits in the garage. I take it out on perfectly sunny days to put the top down and drive it back and forth to work just to keep the battery charged and fluids circulating. At work I have a parking garage, so it doesn't sit out in the sun. Always Mobil 1 oil changes and rear diff oil was changed and pinion seal replaced in '07. The A/C was just fully vacuumed and recharged last year and works great. The car came without a hard tonneau cover, but I purchased one with the storage bag for it. Car has remote locks/alarm and the fob is in excellent shape because I purchased a spare used fob for us to actually use (yes, I am that OCD about keeping stuff nice). Also comes with a fitted car cover with "Camaro" lettering. It's sleeping under it right now in my shop.

It currently has right about 83K miles, but looks like it has 30K.
Mods:
Upgraded drilled and slotted rotors.
Painted calipers (gray) with "Camaro" lettering.
Ported and polished TB
EGR tube trimmed
Off-road Y-pipe, carefully painted in "aluminum" colored ceramic high temp paint - we also have the stock Y and cats that will come with the car. It was just too damn quiet with completely stock exhaust.
O2 sims (for ORY)
SONY Xplod head unit with iPod jack and Boston Acoustic Speakers all around (sounds awesome) with handheld remote.
Window motors were changed out and upgraded by previous owner - they work great!
Nice quality window tint, even on the back glass.
PCM tune slightly modified. It was pig rich on the PE tables from the factory and we leaned it out slightly but kept it still somewhat rich (12.5 A/F... it was 11.7) Very safe still. We have never taken the car to the track and were not trying to wring every last HP out of it.
Wheels were upgraded to Chrome Snowflakes and fresh tires. BFG's up front and Hankook Ventus out back. Not everyone loves Snowflakes, but they look a lot better than the original silver 5 stars.

The car needs absolutely nothing and you will be very hard pressed to find a nicer and cleaner '98. Washed and waxed and leather treated religiously. As I said before the top is in excellent shape - very important when 'vert shopping. We are asking $8500. Here are some pics:

Old 01-22-2010, 09:28 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Bumpy.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:23 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Car is SOLD!

Going to a good home in the Dallas area.

Just watched it drive off.