Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1977 LT Camaro finish-up project

Old 03-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1977 LT Camaro finish-up project

Year: 1977
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $5000
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Gray
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

~PICTURES AT THE FOLLOWING LINK~ http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...20pix/?start=0

I am a college student and my 77 Camaro project is taking over most of my time, and i need to get rid of it for priority's sake :/ I don't drive it except for around town for errands and food. I live in Abilene, Texas, everything is within 5 miles of my campus. It sits more than anything because i bought it early February as my running project.I consider it my daily driver

1977 LT Camaro
- Disks up front, drums out back
- Primer grey
Originally came with a 305 with what I'm sure was the TH350.
- Now has a 350 swap, cammed with a 383 stroker kit from Edelbrock
I sea foamed it shortly after buying and changed the oil and all filters.
- True dual exhaust no cats just mufflers to the rear wheels
No aftermarket exhaust or anything weird sounding, all engine
- Turbo 400 tranny with recent B&M ratchet shifter (fun
- 10 bolt rearend with positrack, and ive been told different gears (not sure)
DEdelbrock valve covers, intake manifold, air cleaner, and 650CFM carburetor
- Newer radiator with supports, mounts etc.
- New 65k HEI distributor from the ground up, have a spare MSD coil and original distributor you can have with it. - lifetime warranty
- New plugs and wires same time i did the distributor maybe 20 miles ago
- New starter same time because it's under lifetime warranty
- Newer air shocks in the rear -lifetime warranty
- Newer gas shocks in the front -lifetime warranty
- Newer tie rods - lifetime warranty
- Newer ball joints
- Newer fuel pump (still mechanical with inline fuel filter)
- New choke kit still in box, never needed a choke so far so it sits
- New master cylinder - Lifetime warranty (Autozone didn't have a gasket on hand for the one i needed so i just bought a whole new one for warranty's sake for a little more)
- Centerline 15" rims
- 275/60/15's on the rear (rear two match)
- 235/60/15's on the front (front two match)

Interior:
LOOKS GREAT, 8 or 9 out of 10.
- All glass, weatherstripping etc in tact and looks great
- Newer headliner and back panel that holds the rear speakers under the glass
- I believe newer center console but i'm not sure.
- Everything else appears to be original, even the black leather.
- Carpet looks great as well
- Newer AIWA cd player with pioneer speakers all around
- No ac/heat, all components there inside though, no ac compressor or heater core, hoses still there. All vents etc still in tact, nothing hooked up.
- All lighting works

I have the original badges but not on the car, has spare, jack etc.
I have not found any rust in my months of owning the car
Chrome around the car is all in tact and looking good, brushed aluminum back plate, grille, rear spoiler, all good.
I have some paperwork. I am told to be the third owner, there has never been a lien on the car/title etc, clear title.

THE BAD:
- Previous body work not done well in my opinion. Will have pictures of all of the bads.
- One rim has a nice knick in it, not so much bent as just a knick.
- Drivers side door doesn't 100% shut, the glass is loose.
- I have a receipt from the previous owner having the front right panel worked on, it was a 30$ charge so i don't know how extensive that could have been.
- I broke loose the passenger side lock (it was on its last leg for being attached and I twisted too far apparently), still will work etc, just needs to be reattached.
- Could go for an alignment, it slightly pulls and could use some tightening up. *EDIT: fixed the pulls and tightened it up quite a bit earlier today 3/27/10*
Tires are of moderate treat but have cracking, i still drive on them just fine. They rub a little in the front when turning sharp.

GAUGES:
- The previous owner did not have them hooked up. Fuel and voltage gauges work, recently got the speedometer and odometer to work, the tach is a work in progress and the temperature gauge isn't hooked up. There is an after market oil pressure gauge that works. The shop mentioned by the previous owner that did the engine/tranny swap reset the odometer to 0's for the rebuilt swap. I've put about 30-50 total miles on it since owning, and again just fixed the odometer and now shows 3 miles.

I've described the vehicle as accurately and honestly as possible.
I'm looking to sell and am asking 5000 obo at this time. Trades are possible, let me know what you have and we'll talk. I'm looking to move on to a 98-02 TransAm OR 97-02 z28 Camaro specifically.
This car will be great for someone with the money and time to take the next steps in making it better.

Contact info:
Madison Dennis
cell: 830-237-3080
email: cybor_07@yahoo.com
call/text/email me any time, if I don't answer I will as soon as I am able.

~PICTURES AT THE FOLLOWING LINK~ http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...20pix/?start=0
Attached Thumbnails 1977 LT Camaro finish-up project-img_0723.jpg   1977 LT Camaro finish-up project-img_0726.jpg   1977 LT Camaro finish-up project-img_0704.jpg   1977 LT Camaro finish-up project-img_0729.jpg  
Old 03-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump, my project is looking for a new home to just get finished up. It's my daily driver as is, i get plenty of compliments even as primer grey etc because of its power. If i can find a dyno around here i might get it dynoed

Search this Thread