Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Low 11sec Daily, HO 99

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low 11sec Daily, HO 99

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $9200
Mileage: 83000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Orange
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

99 Z28
Hugger Orange
Built/Stall Auto
82,xxx miles
$9,200 with the nitrous
$8,400 without the nitrous system

I’ve purchased the car in June of 08 from the second owner with 65K miles on it. The car was completely stock except for the Borla catback. Basically every modification was added right around the 68K mile mark (except the Nitrous which was added ~5K ago). This is my daily driver, it doesn’t have any problems, and everything works (AC included).

Exterior of the car is in good shape. When I purchased the car the front bumper cover had some chips/nicks and the passenger side door was also keyed. Neither of these are very major, but they are there. The drivers side fender also appears to have had some paint work done as the color is slightly off from the hood. Only 1 door ding that I know of, otherwise smooth panels. The car does have a clean carfax, so I’m assuming it was a very minor accident, or just a touchup spray from a scratch or something. Overall I would say the exterior is somewhere in the 8 range (I’m picky though), aside from the above, the rest of the car is in really great shape.

The interior is gray leather, everything is in great shape. Slight wear on the bolster on the driver side seat from getting in and out of the car, nothing major at all though. No cracks on the dash or door panels. T-Tops work great.

Stock 10 bolt has some slight whine on deceleration. Otherwise no other powertrain issues. Oil is changed every 3K miles with Mobile 1, trans and rear fluid changed ~2000miles ago.

Car was tuned by Chad @ Greenlight Motorsports in Kokomo, IN. No power numbers as it was a street tune with a wideband. Based on the track numbers I would say it's somewhere around 350rwhp motor, 460rwhp bottle.

The car has ran a best of a 12.21@111.88 NA on 16” ET Streets with the NA tune. The tune was redone the middle of last year for the nitrous, so some timing has been taken out. It has ran consistant 12.4x@110ish since the nitrous retune off the bottle in warmer weather.

On the 100 shot it has ran a best of a 11.125@124.46, with the same 16” ET Streets, Skinnys on the front, and ~100lbs out of the car. The car definitely is a solid 10sec car on a 150 shot. I’ve only sprayed the car 11 passes at the track, none on the street.

Here is a vid of an 11.38@121 pass, this was full weight with street tires/wheels up front.

http://cid-de133f2e04280dcc.skydrive...2010-21-09.wmv

Mods –

Engine –
Pacesetter Coated Long Tube Headers (no air tubes/egr)
Pacesetter Offroad Y-pipe
Borla Catback
LS6 Intake
Chrome Ported/Polished Stock TB
Lid with FTRA
EGR/Air pump delete
Racetronix 255 in tank pump with wiring upgrade
Poly Engine Mounts

Drivetrain -
FLT Level 4 4L60E Transmission
Yank 3600SS Converter
B&M Trans Cooler
Denny’s Nitrous Ready Driveshaft
B&M Trans Temp Gauge
TA Girdle
Stock 10 bolt with 3.23

Suspension –
UMI Body Mount Torque Arm
UMI Diamond Welded Subframe Connectors (Orange powder coat)
SLP Line Lock

Power Adder –
NX Wet Kit with purge
Nano Nitrous Assist 3000psi kit
Tunnel Mount Bottle Bracket
MSD Digital Window Switch
NX Electronic WOT Switch

I think I still have all of the stock parts off of the car except for the stock trans/converter that could go with the buyer if they wanted. The only things that can’t be removed are the welded subframe connectors, and the hole in the console for the line lock switch.

The street wheels/tires (included) are stock 16" chrome, with 245/50/16 Bridgestone G009 tires with a ton of tread left on them. Wheels are in good shape as well.

I do have ET streets mounted on salad shooters, and a pair of Greg Weld Drag Star Skinnies that could be available for purchase by the buyer.

Hi res copies of these, and some other pictures can be found at the following link.

http://cid-de133f2e04280dcc.skydrive...se.aspx/Camaro

Car is located on the north side of Indianapolis. PM or e-mail me for more information. My e-mail is tchapma1@hotmail.com.

Last edited by tchapma1; 05-13-2010 at 06:50 AM.