Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

98 camaro z28 NEEDS TRANSMISSION

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 camaro z28 NEEDS TRANSMISSION

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $3500
Mileage: 330
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MS
Color: White
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I bought this car a couple months ago. The guy told me "engine has been rebuilt and has a new transmission". Well a few days after I bought it, 4th gear started to grind and it progressivly got worse. So a few weeks ago i pulled the trans out and decided to do a rebuild. Before I dump the money into the trans, I just want to see what else is out there.. I really would like to get into motorcycles. Kind of burned out on modding cars.

The car has been into a collision before, although its not reported in the carfax. The hood, driver fender, and bumper were damaged and replaced by the PO. The hood is red, the bumper is looks great (its off another white camaro so it matches perfectly), but the driver fender was replaced by a cheap aftermarket one and then painted an off-white. Other than that there is no frame damage beyond the cosmetics. The passenger rocker panel is dented and also there is a smaller ding behind the driver door. I have the front bumper off from when I lifted the car by the bumper support so I could remove the trans.

The interior is pretty good besides some rips in the seats and the cracked dash pad. All interior is there, but I have some of it dissasembled from when I cleaned the interior up.

The engine runs great and dosent smoke. The odometer reads a little over 330K. The PO told me the cluster was from ebay and that it actually has 120k miles... BUT he did lie about the transmission being new so he's probably lieing about the miles too.

The car is stock (including exhaust) and just has a clear lid intake. The trans is apart currently and will need rebuilding or replacement. The trans needs a 5-6 cluster gear, 1-2 syncro and 3-4 syncro, bearings and blocker rings/rebuild kit. The car has a clear title. Also Ac and heat work great.

If you have an SV650 we might can trade. Also interested in an 89-93 mustang.
Attached Thumbnails 98 camaro z28 NEEDS TRANSMISSION-imag1127.jpg   98 camaro z28 NEEDS TRANSMISSION-imag1129.jpg   98 camaro z28 NEEDS TRANSMISSION-imag1126.jpg   98 camaro z28 NEEDS TRANSMISSION-imag1128.jpg  
Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Any known mods?
Old 04-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129
Any known mods?
other than the clear lid, its 100% stock. I did forget to mention that the PO delete the egr and air pump.