Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS/FT 1999 2wd RCSB Silverado, "LS6" swapped, price drop!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default FS/FT 1999 2wd RCSB Silverado, "LS6" swapped, price drop!

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Silverado
Price: $6000
Mileage: 158000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): VT
Color: Beige
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Hey guys/girls, I’ve decided to try and sell my truck so here it is. I originally had plans to go front mount turbo but with my drifting season taking off I’ve since directed my funds more towards that and become simply bored with the truck knowing I can’t make it what I truly want. My father and I run an automotive service shop and I’m very picky about what I buy. We have a fleet account of over 30 GM fullsize trucks so I know these inside and out and I can guarantee whoever buys this truck will be very happy with it. I’ll probably end up regretting selling the truck but at this time I feel it’s time to move on. That being said I’ll get onto the truck (cliff notes just below):

Cliff notes!
Good:
-Super clean, fully loaded 2wd RCSB 1999 Silverado
-Mostly stock appearing/put together/built very well, sleeperish
-“LS6” swapped! (2001 LS1 shortblock, LS2 #243 heads, 2003 LS6 cam)
-Spotless interior and exterior for age and mileage
-No CEL/dash lights on
-Mechanic owned (only 3rd owner IIRC)
-Folder of receipts/service records
-Great gas mileage, low/mid 20’s easy
-Zero problems driveability/reliability wise
-Great starting point for a rad project or a great daily driver

Bad:
-157,xxx miles (honestly doesn't show and it rides/drives very well)
-Seat bushings have slight play
-Fuel level sender starting to act up
-Only three small door dings & three blemishes

Overview:
It’s a pretty damn clean 1999 Silverado RCSB LS package, originally a 4.8l truck, 2wd, “tow package”, power everything, sliding third window, etc etc. It does have 158,xxx miles, but you would never know looking at this truck, it has been meticulously maintained and I am only the third owner to my knowledge. I bought this truck around mid August last year. I knew I wanted a 2wd and a factory V8 truck with all the options and it had to be clean so it took me a little while to find it, but I ended up finding it in Illinois so I made the trek out and drove it back. As stated before this truck is very clean for its age and mileage. I have a gigantic folder of repair/maintenance records from the previous owners. The interior is in excellent shape with very little wear on everything and the exterior is also in great shape. There are only three dings and three scratches/blemishes on the truck that I’ve found/seen (see pics below). The underside is also very clean for the age and mileage; I parked the truck for this past harsh Vermont winter and from the looks of things it wasn’t driven much if at all in the winter by the previous owners.

Engine/Drivetrain:
As stated above, the truck is originally a 4.8l truck, but on the 20hr drive home I decided to skip doing anything with the 4.8l and drop my backup race motor into the truck. I got home with the truck on a Thursday and by Saturday afternoon the LS1/6 was up and running. The motor is a 2001 LS1 short block (roughly 75k miles IIRC), the heads are 2007 LS2 #243’s (less than 5k miles) with stock springs/rockers/etc and the cam is a 2003 LS6 cam (roughly 20k miles). Oil pump is stock 2001 LS1; oil pan & etc, waterpump, intake manifold, valve covers/pcv system, coilpacks and manifolds are all stock Silverado/truck parts. New waterpump gaskets and a 160* thermostat were installed as well. The factory airbox has been drilled/modded. The stock exhaust has been retained but the stock “suitcase” muffler has been replaced with a Borla XR1 and it sounds great for a daily driver. The stock 4l60e was left untouched and surprisingly it has held up great, BUT I’ve only used the truck for a daily and not a weekend racer or anything of that sort. It has seen a little full throttle action here and there when stuck behind a slow car and a pass is necessary, but nothing abusing or absurd haha. In the almost year I have owned the truck the transmission hasn’t acted up one bit or slipped at all. I did however obtain a spare 4l60e from a F-body in case this one were to slip, that way I could swap the spare stocker in while I had the other built, but that never happened. I can include the spare trans for a little extra $$$.
The current tune in the truck is very mild and has lots of room for improvement. The truck still has the stock injectors, the transmission tables/shift points/torque management has been untouched and the stock rev and speed limiters are still in affect. With simple bolt ons (intake, headers/exhaust/shift kit) this truck will really wake up, I just never saw the point being that it’s my daily and I’ve been dumping money into my racing program instead.
The rear end is stock, 3.73 gears to my knowledge and it has the factory/tow package “locker” differential.

Interior:
The interior on this truck is spotless aside from one small spot of paint/coating flaking from the top of the radio/gauge cluster/hvac trim panel. The door panels are spotless, the carpet is excellent, the factory floor mats are hardly worn, center console is great, and the driver seat isn’t ripped and torn like many of these trucks. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves!
I have replaced the door speakers with Kenwood (I believe they’re Kenwood, they might be Pioneer, I’m not 100% sure on the brand as I replaced them a while back) 6.5” coaxial speakers, and the factory head unit has been replaced with an Alpine (iPod compatible, CD/MP3, Auxilary input/output etc etc).
The only downfall to the interior is the driver’s seat has the common early GM fullsize power seat slack/slop. I did a little research on the problem and it seems as though some bushings on the tracks get worn and allow for a small amount of movement under accelerating or braking. The seat moves maybe a ¼”, I had originally planned to replace the seats with leather models from a different vehicle, but as plans changed I never got around to it and just dealt with it.

Exterior:
The outside of this truck is just as clean as the interior with only three dings and three small scratches/blemishes in the paint. There is also a crack in the bowtie on the grille. Other than the following blemishes the truck is very clean and the pictures show it as such. I replaced the stock wheels and tires with a set of 17” 2007 GMC Sierra wheels and tires. The tires are in okay shape and will definitely last through the end of the summer but you’ll probably want to replace them for next year. The truck also has a rubber drop in bed liner. Other than that, the exterior of the truck is stock and untouched.

Suspension/Underside/Brakes:
DJM 2” rear drop shackles have replaced the stock shackles to level things out. I replaced the rear brake rotors, pads and calipers when I got the truck. Everything else underneath is stock and last I knew was in great shape. No oil leaks, no rust/rot, etc etc.

Maintenance:
As stated above, the rear brakes have been replaced. I also serviced the rear end and replaced the differential fluid. The oil was just changed last week and new wipers were put on earlier today. In the next few days/weeks I plan to go over the truck again for resale, anything simple (brakes, wheel bearing, u-joint, etc etc, that type of thing) that it needs it will get. There are three small stone chips in the windshield and I am debating having the windshield replaced. The only other problem with the truck is the fuel sender is starting to act up from time to time. Occasionally if you are sitting at a stoplight for a long time or idling in a parking lot the fuel gauge will drop to empty, however once you start moving again it picks back up to its proper level. If it is a huge selling point/deal breaker I can replace it. Other than that this truck has served me incredibly well and I can’t imagine it will need a whole lot of anything and I am 100% confident saying this truck make it anywhere you want to take it!

Onto the business end of things; I’m looking to get $6,000 or best offer. I am in Vermont, just outside Burlington; but I travel to NJ almost monthly for drift events and would be willing to travel to arrange a meeting place/pickup/sale.

I’m completely open to trades and will entertain all offers, but please keep in mind the values associated with trades. If you’re vehicle/engine/whatever is worth less, please be willing to add cash on top. I'm very open to trades so lemme know what you've got! If it's LS powered that's a huge plus!

If you’re interested please don’t hesitate to PM me here, email at: tanner@tannermunsondrifting.com or text 802-922-2186.

Last edited by MunsonAuto; 07-20-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Pics!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

I forgot to add that any/all vinyl will be removed from the truck before sale. Also, if you would like any pics of a specific part/area of the truck please don’t hesitate to ask!

-Tanner
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Still got the truck! I've had a few trade offers and tried to make a deal happen but it doesn't look like it'll pan out at this point.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trans not slipping or anything?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Nope, stock 4l60e has been holding up great surprisingly, granted I do drive it rather easy.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Do u kno where I can find a ls6 cam
Old 08-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

25k less miles and I'd be itching to trade for this, lol. Good luck, sounds like a fun ride~
Old 09-09-2012, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

trade for a 91 bmw 318is? car is very clean and has newly refinised bbs rm wheels (they go for 1800-2000, go look on ebay if you dont believe me haha) with $800 worth of kumho v700 tires on them, it would make an awesome drift car with LS power! haha
Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Is that my old truck!? Did you come to Springfield, IL to get it? I miss that thing, wish I could buy it back

Quick Reply: FS/FT 1999 2wd RCSB Silverado, "LS6" swapped, price drop!