Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 ws6

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2000 ws6

Year: 2000
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $9000
Mileage: 114000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NM
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Alright, I have had this for sale in the past but we never really NEEDED to sell it so we always changed our mind. The wife and I decided it's time for a second kid and even with our first, the LS1s do not EVER get driven anymore. My Camaro is a dust collector as well.

Basically it is a 2000 automatic equipped WS6. Borla adjustable exhaust, slotted and cross drilled rotors, new brake pads, new tires, new waterpump. I never took this to the track once, I never raced it once, hell we never got good pictures of the cars together as it was never driven much by us. We bought the car back in 2007, had it shipped from Texas. The condition it's in now is the same condition it was in when we got it, other than the new tires, brakes etc. We took it to Denver for vacation back in 08 or 09, reliable as can be.

In the 5 years we have had it, it has ALWAYS been garaged, and judging by the interior it's safe to assume the previous owner garaged it as well. It has the infamous driver side door crack on the interior (about 3 inches long) and other than that, the interior is easily a 9/10. No tears or rips on the seats or carpet ANYWHERE. Dashboard is still perfect etc.

The exterior is probably a 7/10, maybe better. It has a small crack at the bottom of the front bumper, small crack on the rear bumper, a penny sized chip in the fiberglass on the deck lid and the paint IS 12 years old. It does clean up awesome and I did strip the ugly GM clearcoat off the polished wheels so now they shine up like chrome when given the attention.

As far as the drivetrain, the only potential issue we have is the way the tranny shifts from 1st to 2nd. Now, I don't know if it's a shift kit or a problem but it does have a hard shift, it has NEVER thrown a code, missed a gear, gotten stuck in gear or ever given us a problem. I think if it was something serious, it would have broken by now. I'm kinda leaning towards it being a shift kit myself, but I just don't know for sure.

More pics can be seen here
http://fabiansplumbing.com/ws6.html

505-450-8515