Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1968 Camaro Coupe - $18,700obo

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1968 Camaro Coupe - $18,700obo

Year: 1968
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $18700
Mileage: 0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Color: Silver
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Up for sale is my 1968 Camaro. The car is garage kept and driven to work a few times a week on nice days. It fires right up and is daily driver reliable. It is a nice restoration with a base coat/clear coat paint job that shows very well: Cortez Silver with darker grey Z28 stripes. More than $5,000 in new parts have been installed in the past year and a half from bumpers, to brakes, to suspension and I have receipts for nearly all of it. Everything works from the horn, to the windhshield wipers, to the hazard lights, to the gas gauge. Doors close with two fingers and all windows roll up/down easily and align/seal properly.

Engine is a 350 with aluminum intake and .480 lift cam, Holley 600cfm carb (model 4160) with electric choke. Fresh tune up with new plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, ignition module, and coil. Transmission is a TH350 with a shift kit and stock converter. This is a great cruiser that sounds like a muscle car should! Complete with power Steering and factory AC that blows cold!

The car has 2000 Camaro front power disc brakes, master cylinder and brake booster. Master cylinder and proportioning valve are all new. Rear drums were turned and all new shoes, wheel cylinders, and stainless steel rear brake lines installed.

Front suspension was just rebuilt with new springs, upper/lower ball joints, outer tie-rod ends and a nice new alignment. Rear suspension was converted to brand new multi-leaf rear springs with all new bushings. Brand new shocks installed front and rear. The car drives excellent.

The car has 2000 Camaro front seats, including working power drivers seat that match the back seat nicely and could easily be replaced with original if desired. Brand new reproduction steering wheel. There is brand new Pioneer CD player in the glovebox with remote, hooked to two 6x9" speakers hidden in the rear decklid.

Tires are brand new and mounted on Wheel Vintiques 16" one-piece chrome Rally style wheels.

Finally, I have the original numbers matching 327 with double hump heads sitting on an engine stand in the garage. It was pulled simply because it was smoking and needed a rebuild. I also have the original numbers matching 2-speed powerglide transmission. These items can be negotiated.

I have spent the last year and a half getting this car just right, but a baby on the way forces me to sell it. Email is the best way to reach me: eddie.smith.w@gmail.com or you can call or text me at 864-710-9559 in the evenings or weekends.

Car is in Greenville, SC and I have the clear title in hand. Please only serious buyers.

Thanks
Eddie
Old 08-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Nice!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya man looks great good luck with sale
Old 08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Teching In

sick looking car! GLWS
Old 08-04-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Id sell my vette for something like this.... nice car.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very, very nice car. Wish it was mine.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:11 AM

Looks like the Camaro is going to be getting a Sun Tan in Florida. My good friend is purchasing the car and it will be in good hands. His Dad drives a 65 Impala SS, I have a 72 Chevelle, 65 Corvette and a 56 Bel-Air (waiting for restoration) and we will welcome this car to the family.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLWN1
Id sell my vette for something like this.... nice car.
I'd sell my left nut for something like that
Old 08-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the kind words guys. The car is sold and I have no doubt the new owner will take great car of it. I hope you enjoy her Brendan!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Formula51
Thanks for the kind words guys. The car is sold and I have no doubt the new owner will take great car of it. I hope you enjoy her Brendan!
yeah he just called me saying they are going to cruise to Savannah, Ga. and stay the night. I could actually here his smile from ear to ear...LOL. As I said before...the car is in good hands.