Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: 99 Z28 - Rare Metallic Blue, 6spd, T-top, cloth (price drop)

Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 99 Z28 - Rare Metallic Blue, 6spd, T-top, cloth (price drop)

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $9900
Mileage: 100600
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MN
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I'm heading in a different direction with my cars. I've owned the car for four years. I bought it out of Florida from the second owner. When I bought it, the car was all stock. I drove it that way for the first summer that I owned it. Slowly over the next four years, I started to change things. The major change was engine performance. It has a nice heads/cam package along with the typical hot rod modifications. With the added power, I also upgraded to the LS7 clutch assembly. The next large change I made was installing a Ford rear end with 4.10 gears and Moser axles. The rear suspension components are UMI brand adjustables: lower control arms, panhard bar, torque arm, and relocation brackets. UMI also supplied the subframe connectors. I used Strano springs to lower the car. Last summer I added 17 inch ZR1 wheels. The rears at 17 x 11 and the fronts are 17 x 9.5. The tires have less than 1000 miles on them, same for the wheels.

The engine puts out 410 rwhp. I've ran it down the quarter mile a handful of times. My best E.T was 12.10 @ 117 mph. Hooking the car up is the tough part.

The car has never been driven in a MN winter. It shows very well, is fun to drive, and is tastefully modified.
There are many other improvements made to the car that I'm forgetting. The best thing to do is arrange a time to look at it. I can go over the car from front to back with you.

The color is original and the only year you could get this blue on a Camaro. The interior is gray cloth. It has T-tops. It is a T-56 six speed manual. The odometer just turned 100K miles. These miles do not pertain the the drivetrain and many components on the car.

My asking price is $9,900.00. I will entertain reasonable serious offers.
E-mail, call, or text - 763-350-5844
Attached Thumbnails FS: 99 Z28 - Rare Metallic Blue, 6spd, T-top, cloth (price drop)-z.jpg   FS: 99 Z28 - Rare Metallic Blue, 6spd, T-top, cloth (price drop)-z1.jpg   FS: 99 Z28 - Rare Metallic Blue, 6spd, T-top, cloth (price drop)-z2.jpg  

Last edited by jbuhr; 08-13-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Price drop
Old 07-26-2012, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Nice looking car! Have you by chance been out to the ricekiller meets in BP with the car? I saw a z28 close to this in color and I hadn't seen it before.

If you aren't already, you should hit up mngmp.org

It's an MN gm forum.

The car wont sell there though, most of the members are brk fgts. And they'll admit it.

It's cool to have a local forum though!

Good luck with the sale.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Hey. That is this car you saw in BP. I live very close to Wagners. Thanks for the compliment. I didn't think it would be tough to sell this thing, but it is. I'm not sure why. I guess it's because there are so many out there.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

If it was a tad lower I'd be interested in trying to work something out. This car is beautiful. I'd love to own it but the price tag would kill my plans for the new turbo 370ci set up I'm in the proccess of putting together.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Call me. Let's discuss what a tad lower means. 763-350-5844
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Any ideas why no interest?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gorgeous color and car glws free bump
Old 08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the bump
Old 08-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Bumpin
Old 08-09-2012, 03:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sk8phreak88
Nice looking car! Have you by chance been out to the ricekiller meets in BP with the car? I saw a z28 close to this in color and I hadn't seen it before.

If you aren't already, you should hit up mngmp.org

It's an MN gm forum.

The car wont sell there though, most of the members are brk fgts. And they'll admit it.

It's cool to have a local forum though!

Good luck with the sale.
Fawk u fgt. I'll trade ya for a Buell motorcycle.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sk8phreak88
If it was a tad lower I'd be interested in trying to work something out. This car is beautiful. I'd love to own it but the price tag would kill my plans for the new turbo 370ci set up I'm in the proccess of putting together.
Don't bother. He's a brk fgt too.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

Do you work at Abra in EP? I think I met you once at subway. GLWS, I hope you get what youre asking. Im considering selling mine and its similar build to yours.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Good luck on the sale. Ive seen the car and the color is one of my favorites.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Teching In

I just sold my 99 TA in MN and it was similarly modded for the most part, 60k miles though. It took about 4 months to sell and I had to drop the price a few times from my optimistic original listing price, which I expected I would have to. Craigslist actually worked out for me, the new owner is awesome, really wanted my specific car color and modification level, and will take great care of it and enjoy it.

I wasted money on Autotrader, so don't bother with that for a car like yours. With your higher miles (and I get it that the drivetrain is newer, but still... it does lower the price you can ask some) I would say you may be on the higher end of what it should sell for, but not out of line at all given the rare color. Just gotta wait until the right buyer comes in that wants a modified car in that color.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the advice. I've dropped the price again - here and on Craigslist. I've bought and sold many, many cars. This Camaro is one of the nicest of them, but its been the hardest to sell too. I like it and continue to drive it. I'm just itching to get into the 73 Duster that's in my garage too.

$100 seller's fee if you refer the eventual buyer!

Search this Thread