Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

'97 BMW M3, 6.0L LSx-T56

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default '97 BMW M3, 6.0L LSx-T56

Year: 1997
Make: BMW
Model: M3
Price: $1
Mileage: 31000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OR
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

SOLD!

For sale, ’97 BMW M3 Sedan, (4 door), JTR LSx conversion, 31,000 miles on this wonderful conversion, drive away as is or minus the engine and trans ready for your LSx.
Engine is 6.0L LQ4 has 27,000 miles on the engine, 36,000 miles on the LS6 clutch, 65,000 miles on ’01 WS6 T56 trans;
JTR conversion utilizes OE isolators, quality Sanderson long tube headers, high quality brackets that retain the reliability and smoothness and comfort one buys a BMW for. Selling to move on to LSx E39 conversion, (getting old I guess).

Build thread;
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...onversion.html

Title for the car is clean, no brands, not reconstructed.

Details of the car to follow as well as price ready to drive away today as is.

Car is a ’97 M3 sedan, (4 door) with the Lux package, (as I understand that is all available options for the E36). Still have the original window sticker for the car, pic of that is in this link; http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...a/1e963102.jpg

Car has been adult owned, non smokers. Have the title, it is clear and unbranded. Car is Cosmos Black, I bought the car in early 2009.

Bilstein Sport struts/shocks for M3, Brembo big brake kit Brembo Gran Turismo 332 x32, (brake kit alone is $3800), Keyless entry lock/unlock of all doors with alarm. Smoked rear taillights, smoked side indicators, smoked front markers, Euro Ellipsoids with 5800K (White, not blue), HID lights, Glass lenses with chip resistant protective film applied, (has option port for “city lights”), no angle eyes. Vorshlag wheel studs.
Interior; power wire for hard mounted Valentine One radar locator above rear view mirror, auto dimming rear view mirror from Infiniti Q45, (Love this mirror), info and pics of this mod here; http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1262950 relocated the cigarette lighter to under arm rest, allows for concealed cel phone charging under arm rest. Lighted engine start button in place of the original cigarette lighter. Added pin in the instrument cluster connector to utilize the oil temp gauge in a Euro instrument cluster, wire is coiled under dash for easy access. Stereo system; Head unit is Alpine iDA-X100, Rear speakers Alpine APR-17S powered by Alpine MRV-F301 amp, front speakers are OE powered by OE Amp, Sub is Alpine SWS-1243D, Sub Amp is Jensen Power900, Custom sub box enclosure is 1.25 cu/ft for 12” sub sealed to the ski pass. Alpine iDA-X100 controls iPod or iPhone directly through the head unit. http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...na/iPod1-1.jpg http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b8...Edna/iPod2.jpg

Added E36 Tilt wheel steering column, (wasn’t available on ‘96+ E36 cars).

Vorshlag Wheel studs. New solid rubber Lollipop bushings.

New brake pads front and rear less 2000 miles ago, custom compound for street application that work first cold application as well as under hot conditions if taken to the track. Ordered from the “The Brake Man”. 4 Brand new Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, less than 700 miles.

Mechanically the car is sound. Everything works mechanically and electrically. Performance is amazing. All aspects of the BMW controls and features are retained. Added shift light into the instrument cluster controlled by the GM PCM. The 6.0L engine had less than 1000 miles on it when I installed it, I have put 26,000 miles on this engine. It has been awesome. Smooth as silk, no smoke, no hesitations or surging, as drivable or better than the stock M3 engine but with tons more power. MPG is comparable to the stock M3, I get 27 on the freeway at 70-75 MPH, 17-21 combination backroads and around town.

Items that need attention; The rear suspension I feel should have the bushings replaced at some point. I am highly critical of vehicle feel, ride quality and responsiveness. This car as is feels good, tighter and more stable than other E36 cars I have driven or ridden yet I know the bushings are old. Windows tint performed by previous owner is low quality. Driver window tint has a run in that started end of this summer. A/C has not been completed. Needs a BMW 318 compressor and plumbed to the BMW lines at firewall, I will include the bracket to bolt the 318 compressor to the engine. Wiring is in place to be controlled via the GM ECU, ECU is programmed for controlling the AC Compressor, fan engagement during AC operation, disabling the compressor during high RPM and WOT operation, etc.

If you have any questions or want specific pictures of anything, let me know.

Paul

Dent below trunk-lid driver side;

Original M3 4 spoke steering wheel comes with the car. I would like to keep this 3 spoke;

Last edited by BRAAPZ; 02-16-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Added more pics
Old 02-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a really good deal. You should post it on the bmw forums as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Teching In

If you weren't across the US I would have this in my garage putting my motor and trans in it right now. GLWS
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

I see a 5k car with a 4k motor. It's nice and all, but do you have any dyno sheets? Also the a/c isn't hooked up, also all the other little **** that needs fixed. Just saying it still needs things fixed and you want 16k. I'll build anyone on this site a 16 year old BMW with a ls2 for that amount of money.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

I would be shocked if you could build this same car, with the same parts, in this price range. Either way take a grand off for the stereo, plus negotiate with the price and there is a great car. Buy some used stock front brakes for $200 and sell the BBK for $1200 and your down even further. 16k complete I think is reasonable. $5,000 without the stereo for the roller is a great deal. Especially with the expensive headers and other swap parts. Yes you have to be someone that can appreciate the E36 BMW but really you have an excellent handling, fast, reliable, daily driver that can go light up a road course on the weekends.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by redline61
This is a really good deal. You should post it on the bmw forums as well.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by B4cZ28
If you weren't across the US I would have this in my garage putting my motor and trans in it right now. GLWS
Thank you.

Originally Posted by TexasTarnation
…do you have any dyno sheets?...
Sorry no dyno sheets or time slips. LQ4 is bone stock, ignition and fueling maps are LS6 Z06 maps with a few slight tweaks. Injectors are 28lb hr from LS6 Z06, data logged the injector duty cycle at 85% with HP-Tuners, one could infer approx 380+ crank HP, of course only a dyno would reveal actual. Car weight is 3500 lbs minus driver. Logged acceleration in Hp-tuners, 0-60 best of 4.8 seconds, consistent 5.0-5.2, see screen shot of data log below.

Originally Posted by redline61
I would be shocked if you could build this same car, with the same parts, in this price range. Either way take a grand off for the stereo, plus negotiate with the price and there is a great car. Buy some used stock front brakes for $200 and sell the BBK for $1200 and your down even further. 16k complete I think is reasonable. $5,000 without the stereo for the roller is a great deal. Especially with the expensive headers and other swap parts. Yes you have to be someone that can appreciate the E36 BMW but really you have an excellent handling, fast, reliable, daily driver that can go light up a road course on the weekends.
Thank you.

I see a 5k car with a 4k motor. It's nice and all, but do you have any dyno sheets? Also the a/c isn't hooked up, also all the other little **** that needs fixed. Just saying it still needs things fixed and you want 16k. I'll build anyone on this site a 16 year old BMW with a ls2 for that amount of money.
Best of luck duplicating an M3 with LS2 or even an LQ4 while retaining the BMW refinement and quietness and attention to detail and level of quality for anywhere near this price, if you can you’re sure to sell a few.
This is not my first rodeo, professional engine builder and owner of Rusch Motorsports LLC, involved in V8 sports car conversions/builds for over 24 years, working directly with JTR, Rebello Racing, and others, this particular car is my personal car, kit is a joint effort between myself and JTR, (Jaguars That Run). These BMW E36 LSx conversions have sold for $25,000 and up, mine is priced accordingly for not having the A/C finished and bit less to expedite the sale.
...it's not nice to poop in peoples ads.

Regards,
Paul Ruschman
Rusch Motorsports LLC

Last edited by BRAAPZ; 02-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

It migh not be your first rodeo but 16k for a 16 year old car with a 4k motor still isn't worth it. People above stated they think 5k for the roller is a great deal and I would agree, but that means your lq4 should be worth 10k which it's not. I understand level of detail because I have run a machine shop for the past 7 years, it is a very well done conversion. But is it worth 6k in labor? Mabye to someone on here.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Default Trolls.....

It migh not be your first rodeo but 16k for a 16 year old car with a 4k motor still isn't worth it. People above stated they think 5k for the roller is a great deal and I would agree, but that means your lq4 should be worth 10k which it's not. I understand level of detail because I have run a machine shop for the past 7 years, it is a very well done conversion. But is it worth 6k in labor? Mabye to someone on here.
I was raised that a man is only as good as his word, and a mans advice is only as good as his experience.

This car not being worth it is a very subjective statement, ballsy statement coming from a man that has not done an M3 LSx conversion to another that has.
There is an *** for every seat and a seat for every ***. Instead of playing keyboard cowboy shitting in others ads to stroke your ego, nut up and prove to the rest of us what this car is really worth according to TexasTarnation, build one, back up your advice on what an LSx M3 is worth, with actual experience. Until then I’m pretty sure my experience of one LSx BMW M3 completed and another identical conversion ¾ complete in my shop trumps your advice.

For those of you keeping track at home, tonight tallied all the receipts for the cars new owner, price of car, engine, trans, all the parts and materials, subtracted what I sold the BMW engine and trans for; over $23,000 and that does NOT include the price of the conversion kit with mounts, headers, drive shaft, or ANY of my labor.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Car is SOLD!

Last edited by BRAAPZ; 02-16-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: '97 BMW M3, 6.0L LSx-T56