Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

‘00 Camaro SS – NBM – M6 – New Engine/Trans

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ‘00 Camaro SS – NBM – M6 – New Engine/Trans

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $10000
Mileage: 123000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I’ve grown bored with my car and have decided that I may want to sell it and move on to something different. I will sell the car for $10,000. I live in the Houston area.

I bought this car used in June 2009. If I remember right the car had about 106k miles on it at the time. I used it as a daily driver for about a year during which time I added some bolt-on mods. I added headers, intake, and a Yank converter during that year. At 118,400 miles I had a new Circle D transmission installed. At 119,450 miles the stupid starter bolt flange broke, I had been getting parts together for a new engine anyway so at that time I parked it and began the new engine installation. After the new engine installation I added quite a bit of suspension work. I also replaced all of the suspension bushings while I was at it.

I decided to swap the car from A4 to M6 in Sept of 2012. The car now has a built T56 with Monster Stage 3 clutch, TIC Master, and MGW shifter. Trans swap was done with about 121k miles on the odometer.

Around November of 2012 I decided to start on a custom FMIC ProCharger installation. Step one for me was to relocate the radiator to make more room for the ProCharger and piping. The car now has a Griffin radiator with dual 12in puller fans and the cooling system is better than ever. Step two was to upgrade the fuel system. The car now has dual Walbro GSS340 in tank pumps along with -8 supply and -6 return lines. The fuel system is now a return style system using Fast fuel rails along with an Aeromotive regulator. I’ve also installed a new ATI balancer (with crank pinned) and a new LS2 Vette style water pump with the pulley relocated to clear an ATI 8 rib ProCharger pulley. I have a Vintage Air condenser installed in front of the radiator by haven’t taken the time to re-connect the AC. I’m thinking that I’ll probably move the condenser when I get to the FMIC installation.

I have the following parts for the ProCharger build that could be bought with the car for a bit more $$. I will not sell these parts unless the car sells without them;

• ProCharger DISC – Zero miles since complete rebuild by ProCharger (have receipt)
• ProCharger 4.5” Pulley (I think it’s 4.5”)
• ATI 8 Rib Crank Pulley
• Aster Bracket - New
• 31x12x4 Intercooler with aluminum piping (will require fabrication)
• 2 Bar MAP sensor
• Siemens Deka 60# injectors

As of today the car has around 123,600 miles on it. I usually only drive it on weekends if I’m out goofing off. I have most of the receipts for the work and parts. I also have a million pictures taken during the time that I did all of this. If there is something that you’d like to see just ask.

The car was tuned by G-Force here in Houston through the catted exhaust in full street trim. It came up with 395.46hp and 384.35tq. This car drives and rides great. I wanted to build a 100% street-able fun car that wasn’t a PITA to drive and it came out perfect.

Here is a quick break down of what the car has;

Short Block
3.905 Bore LS1 Block – Align Honed & Deck Aligned (not the original block)
New LS6 Crank from a crate engine (Std/Std)
New Clevite Main Bgs, FM Rod Bgs, FM Cam Bgs
New Scat #26125716 Forged Rods
New Mahle # LS1314905F04 Forged Pistons with Rings
New SLP Underdrive Pulley
TCI SFI Flexplate
Balanced by Houston Engine & Balancing
Machine work by Eric at Procell Bros. in Orange
New Melling Blueprinted Oil Pump
New Knock Sensors, MAP Sensor, Cam Pos. Sensor

Heads-Cam
New 799 Heads – deck trued, multi-angle valve job, bowl clean up
New GM Head Bolts and GM Gaskets
New EPS 226/234-114 Cam
Stock Rockers with Sharp Trunion Upgrade
New Comp 918 Springs
New GM LS7 Lifters and Lifter Trays
New GM LS2 Timing Set

Engine Misc
LS6 Intake from crate engine
Ported stock TB
28# GM Injectors from LS6 crate engine
FAST fuel rails with Aeromotive regulator
-8 supply & -6 return lines
Dual Walbro GSS340 in tank pumps
ATI Balancer for use with ProCharger
GM Truck Coils – New Take Off’s
New LS2 Corvette Water Pump
SLP Lid and FTRA
New AC Compressor
New 160 Degree Stat
RX Performance Catch Can
Pace Setter Coated Headers
TSP Y-Pipe with new cats recently added
Dual/Dual but I don’t think it’s the stock muffler

Transmission
• Built T56 by LS1 Tech member DGCUSTOMZ who works at Texas Drivetrain Performance. Here is what he told me when I got the trans from him;
• Trans is a C5 vette T56 converted to F-Bod T56 using GTO shaft and all C5 internals installed in Fbod case.
• Triple double cone syncro rings (Carbon Kevlar)
• Billet 1-2 Keys
• Billet 3-4 Keys
• Steel 3-4 Fork
• Bronze shifter cup bushing
• New keys and springs on all syncro assemblies
• New input and output shaft seals
• Monster Stage 3 Clutch Kit
• TIC adjustable master cylinder with remote bleed line
• MGW Shifter

Rear End
Stock 10 Bolt with 3.73 Gear and TCI Differential Cover

Suspension
Koni #8241-1140 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks
Koni #8242-1005SP1 Double Adjustable Front Shocks
Strano Springs
New Moog Upper and Lower Front Bushings
New Moog Upper and Lower Ball Joints
Energy Front Sway Bar Links and Bushings
Energy Rear Sway Bar Lings and Bushings
Energy Rear Bump Stop Bushings
UMI Lower Control Arms and PH Bar
UMI Bolt In Relo Brackets
UMI 3 Point Bolt In Sub Frame Connectors
UMI Torque Arm

Interior
Trans Am Factory Head Unit
New 6” Mid-Bass Drivers in the Sail Panels
New door speakers – I can’t remember what they are but they cost $$
New TA Power Antenna
Black Leather TA Seats in great condition

Misc
New stock brake rotors and pads installed around 118,400 miles
ZR1 Style Chrome Wheels 17x11 and 17x9
Nitto 555R 315/35/17 Rears

Things you should know
• Paint is about a 7ish out of 10. The black part on top has some little bubbles like these cars will do. I can tell that the hood has had the clear coat redone sometime in the past and it has a few small blems.
• The seats are awesome…but I’ve spilled coffee on the carpet before so the carpet isn’t perfect.
• There are a few tiny door dings on the pass side just behind the door.
• This is a forged piston engine, there is some piston slap during cold start up. It goes away once the engine is warm.
• One of the rocker arms is using a stock rocker arm bolt. I lost one of the bolts that come with the Sharp Trunion upgrade. Not a big deal but it is different than the others.
• The front tires suck. They sound like 4wd tires and I hate them. I’ve had them removed from the rims and swapped to the other side a few times and that really helps for a little while. They probably have about 12k miles on them…I want them to die. I can’t believe that I haven’t changed them yet; just typing this makes me want to stab them repeatedly with a large screw driver.
• The car had the 3.73 gear when I bought it. I just installed the RE Girdle along with Lucas Synthetic Lube & GM Pos. additive. It doesn’t make any noise and the pos works fine.
Attached Thumbnails -car-8-18-front.jpg   -car-8-18.jpg   -car-8-18-12.jpg  

Quick Reply: ‘00 Camaro SS – NBM – M6 – New Engine/Trans