Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

'91 S10 - LS Powered AWD Sleeper - SOLD

Old 09-28-2013, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1991
Make: Chevrolet
Model: S-10
Price: $1
Mileage: 1
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

does the exhaust exit the side or rear of the vehicle? would love to pick this up but might have trouble getting a state inspection sticker on it
Old 10-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Good luck with sell!! Haven't seen something like this before...beautiful build! AWD is awesome..!

-Garrett
Thanks man!
Originally Posted by greedygenius
what kind of gas milage does it get?
Originally Posted by AronZ28
Why do you even ask

Seriously, I'm betting its around the same as a late model AWD Denali or Escalade, somewhere between 10 to 15.

just curious thinking about buying it for a daily driver...as far as your rust questions if you click the link he posted it has pics of when he first got it.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f135/9...roject-492475/
Well I would say that its has to be quite a bit better than 15mpg considering a TBSS gets 16mpg and weighs at least 1000 lbs more and has quite a bit more frontal area. I would guess at 20-22mpg hwy. I cant say for sure though, as stated in my ad, it needs gauges. teh stock ones are present but not hooked up. The stock wiring is still there as well so you could go that route easily.

As far as rust is concerned, the bed floor (not the bed sides) where it meets the tailgate has been repaired with some thin gauge metal and figerglass as i wasnt planning on using it as a truck. Its a very easy easy repair to straighten out, i just havent got around to it. Cosmetically, it looks fine, i just dont expect it to last forever.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Teching In

As to the op, I want this to look as stock as possible Do you have???

1. Rear bumper? Not a huge deal if you don't have one or the stock one is beat up. No rear bumper, they are ugly as hell so i trashed it

2. Windshield wipers? Do they work? They are all there but not functional just yet. Its a simple wiring issue just havent had the time (common theme lol)

3. Stock wheels? Will the stock wheels fit like normal, ie not sticking out of the fenders like your current wheels? I know you could get some cool wheel options on the later model S-10 Xtreme, might swap to some of those.
Stock Sycone or stock 4x4 wheels will work. The 4x4 frame has a different offset than the 2wd

4. Stock hood? Does it need paint? Does it even fit now with the v8? Once again not a real big deal. I dont have a stock hood, hit the JY. It would fit if you swapped to a car intake from the truck intake and remounted the altenator.

5. Has this truck been hit in the front? I noticed you hacked up the radiator core support and it looks rather wavy. Please explain. No. The stock core supports are "wavy" brand new. I recess mounted the radiator to fit the engine. I only made one cut to clear the rad cap.

6. Does the sunroof leak? I dont know, it doesnt when i wash it. It never sits outside. I have a roof panel to delete the sunroof. Pretty easy actually. Just remove the sunroof frame, run a flange tool along the edge, use body adhsive to glue in new panel cut to the size of the hole and the rest is simple body work. You'd never know it was there.

7. Does the a/c work? This is an original ac delete truck. Add vintage air unit if you want.

8. Does the the heat work? Yes

Finally, last question, where does this truck come from? I don't want an up north truck that's rusty underneath, has bondo in all the fenders/rockers, etc. It looks nice in the pics, but then again something can look nice with 200lbs of bondo and some fresh paint. There is a small (1"x 2") amount of glass (not bondo) in one rocker and another small (also around 1"x2") amount in the opposite cab corner and also a repaire in the bed floor near the tailgate as i mentioned before. There is no filler or glass anywhere else in the truck. Zero in fenders, quarters and tail gate. All in all this is a pretty solid truck. Just FYI, if you want to swtich to the newer body style S10's, they bolt right on to this frame from what I read on the forums. So buy this and throw on a 2002 body if you are so inclined.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 7SEALS
does the exhaust exit the side or rear of the vehicle? would love to pick this up but might have trouble getting a state inspection sticker on it
The exhaust exits both sides, one on each side, right behind the rear tire with 3" tube. They are near flush with the body and painted black so you dont see them.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by werks96
The exhaust exits both sides, one on each side, right behind the rear tire with 3" tube. They are near flush with the body and painted black so you dont see them.
Any check engine lights? Would like to bring this home somehow, but just want to make sure I can get a PA inspection sticker before hand so I can drive it.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 7SEALS
Any check engine lights? Would like to bring this home somehow, but just want to make sure I can get a PA inspection sticker before hand so I can drive it.
No check engine lights. Every once and a while it'll throw a random idle misfire code if you let it idle for a long time, otherwise solid. If you are interested, I can pm you my number and we can go from there.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Teching In

PM sent.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Teching In

All PM's returned

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '91 S10 - LS Powered AWD Sleeper - SOLD