Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Testing waters: Very clean well built 1997 Formula *FL*

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Testing waters: Very clean well built 1997 Formula *FL*

Year: 1997
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $6000
Mileage: 109000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I have been considering going different routes, but not entirely sure. So if someone will give me my asking price I will let it go. if not, I will continue driving it and enjoying it. Car sounds brutal, pulls hard and smooth, but is still tame enough for daily driving.
it is a Bright Silver Metallic 1997 Formula hardtop 6 speed. This car formerly belonged to Outcast on this forum and has passed through a couple of hands locally since. Bottom end was rebuilt at around 93k miles as documented on this site and paperwork with the car. It has Lloyd Elliot ported heads and a Joe Overton spec'ed cam. It is somewhere int he neighborhood of .570" lift on a 110 LSA. very aggressive idle. Intake was port matched to the heads, and has 28# SVO injectors. MSD ignition with remote timing control ****, Hooker Super comp long tubes to 3" x pipe and dual bullets dumped before axle. sounds awesome. TnT wet plate kit with 2 nozzles, 10 lb bottle with Nitrous Outlet automatic heater, NX remote opener and autometer bottle pressure gauge. System is currently pilled for a 150 shot and has a WOT switch, window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, and ashtray mounted switch panel for all nitrous controls. Has a spec stage 3 clutch and pro 5.0 shifter. brand new Summit electric water pump, new battery and starter. exterior of the car is in excellent shape. I just washed and waxed it this weekend and it looks amazing. Front bumper has some paint cracks/chips where it looks like someone bumped something with the point of the nose. Otherwise it is nearly flawless. Interior is extremely clean also. cloth interior, seat bolsters show no wear. has typical cracked dash pad and shifter boot is loose from the console. that is about the only bad I can say about the interior, the visors do not even sag on the ends. passenger window is getting slow, but does still go up and down, driver's side is fine. power locks and remote, hood and hatch struts are good. has Power Acoustik 8.3" flip out touch screen head unit, and is wired for an amp and subs in the rear. A/c is all there but does not blow cold. Will also have a BBk58mm throttle body and MSD 2-step in the next few days. The longer I keep it, I will begin to add BMR suspension parts, and price will be adjusted accordingly.

open to offers, but let's be reasonable. This car was well built and has been well maintained. It is a solid 11 second car that can be driven daily. Will entertain trades. Looking for classic GM cars/trucks, CLEAN 88-98 extended cab truck with mods, another f-body, or pretty much anything ls swapped. must be highway and daily driver friendly is all I ask. Cash price is $6000

Old 11-02-2013, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

car now has msd 2-step, BBK 58mm throttle body, and bottle has been relocated to rear passenger seat location
Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome car. Glws.

Quick Reply: Testing waters: Very clean well built 1997 Formula *FL*