Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Camaro SS SOM 6spd Vert

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Camaro SS SOM 6spd Vert

Year: 2002
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $13500
Mileage: 60500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Hello Everyone. I hate to even do this, but I need to sell my SS. I've had her since graduating college 8yrs ago; bought from the original owner in Germantown, Maryland. Car has been incredible and made me fall in love with the LS platform. Because the car always had such low miles, I never had the heart to get into the motor. Simple add ons only and cosmetic stuff. I need to buy a house and my wife and I are trying to have a baby, so I have to let her go. Hopefully I can own one as good again one day. Enough of the mushy stuff!

Specs:

2002 Camaro SS convertible
6spd Manual Trans
60,500 miles
Sunset Orange Metallic
Ebony Black Leather interior

Sincere Ratings:

Exterior: 8/10
Interior: 8/10
Mechanical: 10/10

I have spent about $3000 in the past couple months. She now has a brand new Monster Level 1 clutch ( about 750 miles ) with a new billet flywheel, new slave, new master ( not knowing a lot about the mechanics of a clutch I thought it was going out so I bought a whole new kit and it turns out it was only the master ). She also has brand new Bridgestone Potenza tires as well as fresh tune up/inspection and all fluids changed. Only Mobil 1 since new. Newer brakes include GM rebuilt calipers (powdercoated SOM) and Hawk Brake Pads and new slotted and drilled rotors ( about 2500 miles ). SLP Blackwing intake, GMMG exhaust, Corsa tips, SLP chrome wheels, SLP front bumper insert. Interior has nice nav head unit, decent CDT speakers, custom Hurst SOM shifter, newer Lloyd Carpet Camaro mats.

The exterior has two smaller fade marks on hood as well as a small spider crack in front bumper paint. Also there is a scratch along passenger door that was filled and cleared before I bought it (only really seen when car is wet then it stands out). The car is 12+ years old but still shines good. On the interior there are a few scratches on the trim around back seats as well as on the removable top cover inserts. The black leather is still in good shape and the dash is perfect. The top has absolutely no holes or real wear but it seems to leak only when driving in the rain. I have an appointment at the local top place to fix and address this on Thursday.

To summarize this car is mechanically perfect and sounds great. She still shines well with just a couple paint imperfections that are better than most 12+ year cars out there. I have taken care of this car for a long time with most of it's life in storage or under a cover (which is what urks me about the fade spots and the PO scratch). I can met serious buyers in Columbia, SC area for test drives after the 28th. Thanks for your time.

Ryan
Attached Thumbnails 2002 Camaro SS SOM 6spd Vert-ss.jpg  

Last edited by SOMcockySS; 03-02-2014 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Am I that way off? Trade in is around 12 - 13k. No interest in convertibles maybe?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Bump. Any help out there?
Old 03-02-2014, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Default Vert

Noone really knows what a car is worth... There are 2 SS Convertibles here in Mich. Both under 45000 miles and are asking 11,500.00 obo. Both are relatively stock. It depends on how bad a human being is in desire of something.... I had to sell mine in a hurry due to divorce. I had taken a huge bath... If I had to make an offer based on the info here, it would be around 10k-11k. I hope that doesn't insult you. I hope you sell the car soon. It seems like a nice car.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Launching!

I think the real world value is less. But with the rarity of this combo and the over three thousand bucks I have put in it in the last few months, I would never let it go that cheap. I think my bottom is 13k and I think that's more than fair. Thanks for your comments though.

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro SS SOM 6spd Vert