Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Chevrolet Nova Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevrolet Nova Project

Year: 1970
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Nova
Price: $8500
Mileage: 75000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Orange
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

This Nova is originally from Arizona (I have the plates and title) and has a really clean body. I am not sure on it's actual mileage. No rust issues and the driver's side front floor pan and transmission tunnel were replaced and coated with POR 15 due to a previous owner/hackjob of installing a standard transmission. The car was originally a V8-power brakes, front discs and power steering car. I had a Chris Alston six-point roll cage (1 3/4 x .134 mild steel with hip height door bars) professionally installed by R&D Race Cars on South Congress in Austin. Comes with an original steel hood and a fiberglass Harwood hinged hood with low tension hood springs. Front fenders and hood are off in the pic, but come with the car.

The front subframe, upper and lower control arms and front core support were removed from the car, sandblasted and then powder coated black. Completely new front suspension kit; tie rods, ball joints, polygraphite bushings and body mounts, new front sbc coil springs. CPP complete 2" drop spindle power brake kit including drop spindles, 11" rotors, new calipers, pads, bearings, hardware, stainless brake hoses and new power brake booster and master cylinder. The entire front end is brand new, except for the steering box, and that has been checked out.

Complete new wiring harness from American Autowire (Classic Update Kit 500878). Front bench and rear seat recovered in black, original style upholstery from Classic Industries. New aftermarket steering wheel, Hurst QuarterStick shifter, Front wheels are Coy's C5 17x7 in gun metal gray with a polished lip and brand new BF Goodrich G-Force tires from Discount Tire. Trunk mounted red top Optima battery.

Engine is a 2007 5.3l from a Chevrolet Avalanche with 20k miles. Local shop went through the engine and installed an AutoKraft 5/12 quart fabricated 1st generation Camaro/Firebird oil pan with pick up tube. Return style fuel system with a new Holley blue pump, braided line and Holley HP regulator. New Dynatech MuscleMAXX headers, 1 7/8 primaries/3" collectors that are silver ceramic coated. New Edlebrock Performer RPM LS1 intake manifold and MSD ignition controller (Part 7118). Mighty Demon 750 cfm carburetor. Truck style coil packs.

Freshly built Turbo 400 transmission with new 3400 stall converter. Local shop built a driveshaft for it. Back wheels and rearend are still the same as when I got the car. I intended to buy another pair of 17" Coy's C5 wheels for the rear when I got to the back of the car.

Car needs the cam/heads and a radiator to run. I have a notebook with $13,000+ worth of receipts, no expense was spared; I never intended on selling it. I also have a lot of spare Nova parts that I've collected over time that will go with it.

I need $8500 for the whole thing.

Not looking for any trades, but thanks
Attached Thumbnails Chevrolet Nova Project-00t0t_3epsbg01meh_600x450.jpg  

Last edited by 70texasnova; 03-16-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: year was wrong
Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What city is this car in?

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Nova Project