Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 $3900

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 $3900

Year: 1988
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $3900
Mileage: 159000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MA
Color: White
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I’ve probably put about 5,000 miles on this car the past three years since I stopped daily driving her during the summer. It sits too often and I’ve picked up a new project and am downsizing my fleet. Very good overall condition, just needs a little bit of attention to make it very nice.

Exterior:
A few years back, I had a run in with some power cables (discharged, no electrical problems in the car) and received some very good body work and paint on a 3/4 of the car. The passenger rear wheel well still needs a little bit of attention for some rust bubbling in 2-3 small places, each about the size of a half dollar, but overall, the rest of the sheet metal is great. There is some minor surface rust at the top of the windshield frame, but nothing alarming; just something I never got around to sanding out.

Interior:
Removed the original base model seats some time ago and added GTA seats. All of the power functions- motors, lumbar, bolsters- work correctly. The carpet is in good condition, rear seats look like they’ve never been used and are typically folded down. No sun fading. The headliner is a Hawks replacement and looks great. The dash has one crack right down the middle, but I do have a very nice dash pad/carpet that goes with the car if you find it too unsightly. Radio surround looks good, no cracks. Center console shift plate has no cracks or burns. The arm rest console lid is mint. The lights all work, dim, etc.

The interior is pretty highly optioned, everything but the digital dash and the roof pockets. Power windows, locks, cigarette lighter, gauges, trunk pop, etc all work. Sound system was originally a UQ7 package, but was removed for something more modern. Currently, there is a very good sound system in the car that consists of a high end Clarion head unit, stock replacement front speakers in the dash, 2-way Alpine 6x9’s in the sail panels, and an Audiobahn 10” dual voice coil bazooka sub in the trunk; all powered by a California Profile Series amplifier. The whole setup fits well and doesn’t move around while you’re driving. Allows for USB and AUX cable play. USB hookup is routed into the center console.

Mechanical:
The engine runs well. This is a WS6 car. It has always been maintained, but is showing its age as it will occasionally smoke on startup and could use the valve seals replaced. That being said, it is dead nuts reliable, turns over quickly, and I honestly wouldn’t hesitate to drive it anywhere, anytime. The a/c does not work, but is in place. The engine still gets pretty decent gas mileage with the 2.73 posi rear end. On my last all highway trip it saw 21 mpg at 75-80mph. The exhaust has seen better days, but I have a Y-pipe back replacement with muffler and tips ready to go but not installed. There are a few mods on the engine, but they were done by the previous owner over 7 years ago. Most of them were upgrades to get rid of the shortcomings of the GM systems of the 80’s and were professionally installed (records can be supplied).
Items modified are:
Ignition- MSD6A box, MSD distributor.
Transmission: 700R4, rebuilt with corvette servos, Kevlar clutches & bands, trans-go shift kit. Fluid changed every other year.
Flowmaster exhaust
Edelbrock Performer lower intake
Under my ownership, the car has always been maintained and repair as needed. Some things I’ve added over the years are:
Alarm with paging system and anti-theft immobilizer: 2008
Hawks replacement headliner: 2008
GTA power seats 2010
Radiator, thermostat, water pump: 2010-11
Starter: 2012
Alternator: 2012
Tires: 2012
Plugs, wires, cap, rotor: Annually, but most recent was 2013
1991 Aero wing: 2013
Battery: 2014
Drivers rear brake line: 2014
Front wheel bearings, rotors, pads: 2014

The car needs very little and is ready to go wherever you want to take it. If you take the full asking price, I will provide you with my collection of spare parts- a few of which I'll list from the top of my head.
These include, but are not limited to:

Rust free GTA hood
New exhaust from Y-pipe back
Intact TBI wiring harness
Loads of engine based bolts, nuts, fasteners in labeled bags. Nearly complete sandblasted TPI setup including injectors, manifold, plenum, and ecu (no runners).
Dash cover
Original gray floor mats in great condition
GM bra for a Camaro
T Top Sun Shades
Privacy shade (needs a small repair and will be mint again)

I'm asking 3,900, but if you want to make an reasonable offer, shoot me a message.
I can be reached at:
Raymond.mossman@gmail.com
and by phone at 401 5 three three- 76 two four

GTA seats

Passenger rear wheel well rust bubbles

Other passenger rear wheel well rust bubble

T Top surface rust. Has not spread into the metal or anywhere else around the t top frames.

T Top surface rust. Has not spread into the metal or anywhere else around the t top frames.

Reman headliner
Old 07-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Teching In

50/50 split fold

Bitchin' stereo and mint radio bezel.

More bitchin stereo

Driver door card

Passenger door card
Old 07-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Bump, I am willing to entertain offers.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't know WS6 cars existed back then. It doesn't even look like a GTA.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump for a white 88 ta, i had one once, loved it.

Quick Reply: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 $3900