Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops

Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $5500
Mileage: 112000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

For sale is a 1998 black Pontiac Trans Am. The car has a 6 speed manual transmission, grey leather, t-tops and chrome wheels.

Exterior Modifications:
Modifications are simple bolt-ons and include:
U.S. Exotics WS9 Ram Air Hood (which is a blend of the WS6 ram air hood and the Fire Hawk hood which has the heat extractors on the rear corners; I still have the original hood)
Hooker Catback Exhaust
Flow Tech cut-out (with manually removed cover)
SLP Lid
JET Skip shift
"blacked-out" side markers and chrome overlays

Interior Modifications:
WS6Store short shifter with Hurst leather shift ****
MacEwen White Faced Gauges (I modified the inlay so the numbers glow a white-light blue color against black instead of the hideous Pontiac neon red glow)
Pioneer speakers.

The car has approximately 112K miles. I purchased the car in 2004 with 62K miles. The clutch was replaced around 80K along with new ceramic brake pads; the car was stored during the winters. Oil was changed approximately every 3,000-4,000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic oil and K&N oil filter. Newer Good Year tires.

There is a small hole in the leather of the rear left seat. The paint is chipping on the lower left corner of the front bumper (see pic), the rear bumper has a small crack in the middle and there is a dent/paint chip on the lower part of the right rear quarter panel (both from the prior owner; see pic). The handle for the center console is broken.

The transmission gear “synchronizers” need a rebuild. Periodically, grinding will occur when shifting from 3rd to 4th gear. On the most recent drive I noticed the clutch occasionally “sticking” to the floor at higher RPMs. You need to lift it with your foot to return. The remedy for this may either be to bleed the brake lines, or there is a leak and the line needs replaced. I’m not sure and have not had time to determine the solution.

The car is in storage and has not been driven on a regular basis for the past 2 years.

Clean title in hand. Make a reasonable offer (no trades). Serious inquiries only.
Attached Thumbnails 1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1193.jpg   1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1199.jpg   1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1201.jpg   1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1195.jpg   1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1197.jpg  

1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1198.jpg   1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1194.jpg   1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1200.jpg   1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops-img_1202.jpg  
Old 09-17-2022, 03:57 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea how I came across this but, I own this car now!!! Bought it back in 2015. Small world!
The following users liked this post:
LS1obsession (12-24-2022)

Quick Reply: 1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am LS1 6spd, Lthr, T-tops