Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

C6 Z06 / Fully Forged / 600+rwhp / +A LOT MORE

Old 02-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Z06 / Fully Forged / 600+rwhp / +A LOT MORE

Year: 2006
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $41000
Mileage: 42000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): SC
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

2006 C6 Z06 41,xxx Miles / Clean Carfax Zero Accidents (Longest 4-Sale thread record)

Description and Price below the mod list.

Engine: (about 13k miles on new motor)

Stock LS7 Block
Callies Compstar Crank
Callies Compstar Rods
Ross Forged Pistons
Comp Cam : 235/238 .645 .660
American Heritage Performance LS7 Ported & Polished Heads
BTR Dual Springs
CHE Precision Rocker Arms
Stock LS7 Intake
Callaway 100mm Maf
Callaway CAI
Pfadt Long tubes
No Cats
Factory Cat Back w/exhaust mod and M2W swtich.
Full ARP Bolts w/Head Studs

12.11:1 Compression

603 RWHP
565 RWTQ
(Mustang Dyno)

Complete ARE Dry Sump System
Aviaid Oil Pump
Setrab Oil Cooler
Peterson 400 Series In-Line Oil Filter
Improved Racing Oil Thermostat
Ron Davis Heavy Duty Radiator (Short Style)
SPAL Fans
Katech Belt Tensioner

Driveline

RPS BC2 Carbon Clutch
Tick Performance Master
Tick Performance Remote Bleeder
Tick Upgraded Clutch lines (larger)
MGW Shifter
Stock T56
Stock Rear End

Chassis/Suspension

MTI Racing Stage 2 Extreme Upgrade
MTI Racing Roll Bar/Cage 4 Point w/ Anchor System
MTI Racing Sway Bar Package
MTI Racing Penske Coilovers
Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brake system

Aero/Appearance

MTI Racing "Killer Z" Aero Package
Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
Carbon Fiber Wing
Carbin Fiber front Splitter/Package tray w/Electric Fans for front brake Cooling
Factory Z06 "Spyder" wheels
Pfadt Tow hooks front and rear
Aftermarket Pedals (unsure what brand)

Paint: 8.0 / 10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Good: everything up there ^

Everything Else (FULL DISCLOSURE) I have a habit of making things sound 10x worse when I sell a car so that way the buyer has zero disappointment.

Exterior:

This car has rock chips on the front, the headlight lenses look like crap, the windshield has 3 rock chips in it. The drivers side CF Side Skirt has a crack on the underside that needs to be patched up (not visible and not a very big crack). The CF Front Splitter needs to be fixed up on the very nose of it, not any real damage just needs to be cleaned up and re-cleared. There is a scratch on the passenger side front fender and overall it needs a good buff job for the rest of the minor scratches/swirl marks. Overall all the low stuff on the car is in pretty good shape considering all the Aero parts sit 3.5 inches off the ground.

Interior:

Everything inside works and works great. It has all the suede parts out of a carbon edition z06 and I also have all the stock parts. There is a spot on the Radio Bezel where the grey has worn off due to an old cell phone mount being there from a previous owner. I lied, everything doesn't work, it has a Carbon Edition steering wheel in it and the adapter harness to make the steering wheel controls work was never installed, so the buttons on the steering wheel don't do anything. The seats are in great shape, no visible wear and tear.

The rear carpet was cut when the roll bar was installed so you can see the cut marks in it.

Its noisy like all z06's, the only noisier thing in this one is the cage creeks.

Overall :

Its loud on the inside, the cage makes noises, and it rides pretty harsh right now due to the coilovers being set up the way they are. It's a brash, mean unforgiving car. The front tires are almost brand new(just replaced) and the rear tires are almost to the wear bars. If you're looking for a z06 to stow in your garage and worry about rock chips and rain STAY AWAY. Could you take this car to a car show and win it? Absolutely you could, but it is not a show car. The car has seen a racetrack and the street and in my opinion its tried and tested. It has well into 25K + worth of track goodies and engine upgrades along the way. I drive it rain or shine.

History:

in 2006 the car was bought and sent to MTI Racing. MTI racing did their Extreme package to the car and installed the cage, coilovers, big brakes, upgraded motor, sway bars, radiator and Aero package.

The first owner took it to the track and decided it was to fast for him so he sold it.

The second owner bought it, tracked it a few times and decided it was a little fast for him.

The third owner bought it, tracked it about 15+ times and the motor blew all to hell.

AMT Racing engines rebuilt the motor and forged it.
ARE Dry sump Installed
Setrab Oil Cooler Installed
Spal Fans were Installed

Car was put back together with the new motor......

I the 4th owner bought it with 2k miles on the new motor and about 29k miles. I replaced the stock LS7 Heads with AHP Heads, Gutted the Cats, did the exhaust Mod and put 11k miles on it in about 6 or so months, all street no track, no drag strip, it gets me to work in a noisy, brash, bitchin way every morning. I've taken the car on one 1100 mile road trip and two 1300 mile road trips. Only issue I had was a headlight came unplugged? Don't ask me how.

Issues:

When I installed the new heads cylinder #4 exhaust valve seal never quite sealed. I've been giving it as many miles as possible before i swap the seal to see if it would finally seal up. How do I know its the exhaust valve seal you may ask? When I remove the passenger side header #4 Exhaust port has oil in it and it burns a little oil because of it, not a big deal.

The Torque tube carrier bearing and the Guibos (Rubber Couplers) need to be replaced. How do I know this you may ask? This is my 4th C5/C6 Vette and I've had the same issue on 2 of them, it has a drive-line vibration coming from the shaft so I need to tear it apart and replace it. I say the couplers and the bearings need to be replaced but really they all don't, but when I have it apart I'm replacing the Pilot Bearing, Carrier bearing, and the Couplers just because.

!! I will Purchase the $320 Dollar Torque Tube Rebuild kit and send it with/to the buyer !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions (I try to sleep between 10:30 PM - 5:00AM EST)

Cell: 912-656-4405
Email: dgpiper.06@gmail.com

PRICE
$41,000 OBO As it sits.

Thanks for Looking,

Drew
Old 02-12-2015, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Old 02-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Teching In

[/URL]

Old 02-15-2015, 04:44 PM
Teching In

WOW! that car is amazing
Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 AM
Teching In

Video bump, Terrible Quality through photobucket but it's better than nothing.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Bump, back on the market after two dead beat buyers.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Default 2006 z06

Sir,

is this car still up for sale?

Very Respectfully,
Keivn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Z06 / Fully Forged / 600+rwhp / +A LOT MORE