Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $45000
Mileage: 6000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MN
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

http://www.facebook.com/WinsorCorvette

It is time to sell my 1999 C5 FRC STREET LEGAL race car. Life changes have happened and I am no longer able to drive this car like I would like to.

I built this car to compete in the One Lap of America and NASA TTU/ST1. At the time of the build (2012) I spared absolutely no expense and bought the best of everything. My motto with this build was literally: Bigger is better and something worth doing is worth doing right the first time.

Built entirely by Boos Performance. If you do not know who John at Boos Performance look him up. He is a very accomplished racer, good friend, owns and races his hand built a C5 World Challenge Car, and is the only mechanic/owner of a nationally/internationally known Corvette shop. He is also a perfectionist when it comes to quality.

John knows how to build cars that win races. Period. John built this car as if it was his own racecar and it shows. He literally put 2-3 DAYS into just tuning the car. He knew his name was going on this car and if he was going to do that he knew he had to build it right as all eyes would be on his workmanship.

Now for the build:
1999 FRC
Engine:
-Too much to list...But it's a FULLY built and forged normally aspirated 442ci LS7...it makes about 600rwhp/550rwtq on 92 octane pump gas. If you really want specifics I can get them for a serious buyer...but I can assure you it has the best of the best parts available (ceramic coated pistons, hellfire rings, ect).

Drivetrain:
-RPS street twin disc carbon lite
-RPM Stage 6 TR6060 ZR1 Transmission with built in mechanical cooler (mechanical cooler not currently hooked up)
-RPM Stage 4 3.42 Quaife Differential with built in mechanical cooler (mechanical cooler not currently hooked up)
Top of the line Transmission and diff were about $10k alone. These only have about 5,000 miles on them (2012 One Lap of America, 1 track day, and about 5 days driving to car shows on the street).

Suspension:
-Moton 3-way adjustable nitrogen filled race shocks (These are the RACE shocks...not the cheaper club sports...The C5R's used the 4 way adjustable Moton's to put into perspective the quality of these shocks.)
-Pfadt solid spherical bushings
-LG aluminum drop spindles (These were $3k and took 6 months to get)
-Pfadt DTE brace
-Pfadt adjustable competition sway bars

Brakes:
-StopTech 6 piston front calipers with 15" slotted rotors
-StopTech 4 piston rear calipers with 13.4” slotted rotors
-StopTech stainless steel lines

Exhaust:
-American Racing 1 7/8" ceramic coated headers
-American Racing 3" ceramic coated X-pipe
-Custom made 3" ceramic painted mandrel bent axle back (I have a straight pipe setup with down turns out the back or a set up with mufflers for the street)

Aerodynamics:
Rear Aero:
-76” Kognition carbon fiber wing capable of 1000+ pounds of downforce (able to be quickly removed for the street if desired)
Front Aero:
-Aluminum 5" splitter
-Custom made aluminum undertray
This aero setup is STRONG!! It was designed to be removable for the street. It has gone through the grass/dirt at 100+mph and is still strongly attached to the car. This is NOT a flimsy splitter. It was built for strength because the last thing you want is it to be taken off in a race or act as ski's through the grass. A lot of fabrication went into this splitter setup. It is also easy to make a new splitter piece to change splitter length or replace it.

Body:
-Total Performance Engineering T2 widebody front and rear fenders
-ACP front bumper overlay splitter
-ACP world challenge vented hood
-Flat black high quality vinyl wrap. All of the decals are placed on the wrap and removable. The wrap is in great shape as it has limited on track time and slicks were never run on the car to really kick up on track rocks. The Jake decal and front, rear, and door numbers are flat red vinyl decals. If you wanted to remove all of the decals that wouldn't be hard and you would be left with a flat black vinyl wrap. The rear duck bill spoiler is gloss black paint and the rear 76" Kognition wing is clear coated carbon fiber. Underneath the wrap is gloss black factory paint and is still in good shape. The rear fenders, front fenders, and front nose is unpainted though so if you removed the wrap and wanted paint those would have to be re-painted.

Wheels:
-Front: CCW C10 18”X11” with Michelin PS2 315/30/18 tires
-Rear: CCW C10 18”X13” with Michelin PS2 335/30/18 tires

Cooling:
-Dewitts Radiator
-15”X13” 30-row Oil Cooler

Oiling:
-Baffled bat wing style oil pan modified to fit a 442ci LS7
-Custom made catch can that drains back into the oil pan
-Taller and vented valve covers
-Total oil capacity in the car: Around 9 quarts
With this breather setup and oil cooler you can run back to back laps all day with no fear of filling your catch can or overheating.

Fuel:
-Racetronix fuel system with drop in pump

Safety:
-Sparco Evo 2 seat
-Also available:Cobra Suzuka Pro GT (HANS compatible) seat mounted on non-sliding mounts
-G-Force 6 point cam-lock harness
-AFFF 2.3 Liter Foam Fire System (not currently installed)
-Roll bar welded in (Came with the car...I make no guarantees for it's safety rating and certification. I used it simply as a harness bar. I was intending on caging the car and going to take that roll bar out and re-do it...but I never got that far.

The amount of fabrication work on this car is way too much to list. Basically everything was hand built in front of the motor for the bodywork and aero setup, catch can setup, rear aero setup, ect.

I know I am forgetting a LOT of things...but that is the main points. I have some spares available. I have the factory LS1 long block, an extra hood, tires, Stop-Tech brake rotors and pads, ect.

Since it was built for the One Lap of America it had to be STREET LEGAL. It does not have AC but it DOES have working electric windows, BOSE stereo, Factory alarm/key fob, heat, ect.

This car was my pride and joy and has been featured in multiple magazines. Included with this sale are all rights to the Facebook page (Once you take ownership of the car you can re-name the page whatever you want). This page has great potential and was key for securing sponsorships as a result of how important social media is to manufacturers:
http://www.facebook.com/winsorcorvette

Now for what it needs: It needs a re-freshening of the motor. It should be making 600rwhp/550rwtq on 92 pump gas but right now it is only making about 530rwhp when I dyno'ed it last. While refreshing the motor it also needs have the clutch rebuilt (The RPS twin disc carbon clutch has a rebuild-able carbon plate so it shouldn't be too costly to replace once the motor work is being done). The motor refresh and clutch rebuild done by a shop will be about $5,000-7000 out the door all said and done with labor.

I did not refresh the motor because I didn't know what class I wanted to run in. You could refresh it to what it was and run it in ST1(with a cage)/TTU or de-tune it/put a smaller cam to run in a lower horsepower class and make more torque. You could also set it up for boost as well. I figured I would let the new owner make the decision for how much horsepower/torque they wanted out of the car. .

I have done 175mph down Brainerd's main straight and 165mph THROUGH turn 1 (old track configuration) at Brainerd International on PS2 220 rated street tires! It has turned a 1:44.7xx on Brainerd's long track (old track configuration) on the PS2 220 rated tires. This car runs 170mph down the front straight and 160mph down the other two straights at Road America...on PS2 220 rated street tires. It has run a 1:34.518 at Hastings Motorsports Park.

This entire car only has about 6,000 miles on it (2012 One Lap of America, 10 track days, and about 15 days driving to car shows on the street.)

Now for the Price: To re-create this car would cost $120k-$150k. I am selling it as is for $45k or BEST OFFER. TRUST ME: YOU WILL NOT FIND ANYTHING NEAR AS FAST OF A CAR ON TRACK FOR THIS PRICE RANGE THAT YOU CAN STILL DRIVE ON THE STREET!! This car has the best of the best parts! You would not believe how many pictures are taken of this car driving on the street. It is a very fun car to drive both on and off the track.

A car and build like this is tough to put a price on. If you are interested but feel that I am priced too high shoot me an offer. The worst I can say is no. That being said, you are getting a lot of car for your money!! No expense was spared in the building of it!

I would also be interested in trades+cash. Possible trades I would be interested in: UTV's (Wildcat 1000, Rzr 1000, Maverick 1000, ect) or motorcycles. Let me know if you have any other interesting trades+cash. Cash gets priority over trades though.

Thanks for your interest,
Eric Winsor
651-707-6584
ericwinsor8@gmail.com
http://www.Facebook.com/WinsorCorvette

Attached Thumbnails FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-395165_401391119931509_1797584368_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-523015_324827544254534_726766868_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-536321_321210647949557_1608134860_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-10612640_10104081826633601_7419973174841625373_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-rkc-show-front.jpg  

FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-536708_326170897453532_729124682_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-405054_322393784497910_1034251403_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-547648_292269230843699_1596716931_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-527291_292269564176999_456065383_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-292643_296269737110315_770344303_n.jpg  

FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-425632_290410477696241_222104333_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-579497_401281129942508_1059794106_n.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-rpm-trans-diff.jpg   FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!-rear-suspension.jpg  
Old 03-04-2016, 10:34 PM

Old 03-04-2016, 10:36 PM

The front end fabrication work

Notice the LG Drop Spindles

The rear brake and suspension setup

The RPM Stage 6 TR6060 ZRI Transmission mated to the Stage 4 Quaife differential. Both have mechanical coolers installed (notice the AN lines)

Nothing like having brakes that compare in size to a Culligan water jug.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Still for sale! Here's a chance to own a FULLY built track car that is still street legal for wayyyy cheaper than it cost to build! For the price it is near the cost of simple bolt on cars and this one has much more expensive parts and potential!
Old 04-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Price has been lowered! Current price is $40k. I am accepting other offers as well. This car has very serious potential and has absolutely the best parts that were available.

Quick Reply: FS: 442ci LS7 FRC FULLY Built Race Car-Still Street Legal. Best of Everything!