Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Mat
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts

Year: 1998
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $18500
Mileage: 71000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): Can-ON
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

The day has come! I'm floating my labour of love out on the open market to see if it can find another good home. I've owned this car since May 2003 when it had just 39,000 kms on it. I've spent the last 13 years carefully adjusting and improving what GM acheived with this car off the showroom floor. My goal was to create a car that would challenge the best of the Euro sports cars (M3's & 911's) of the mid 2000's and raise more than a few eyebrows wherever it went. I wanted the car to look stock but to the trained eye show that there is more than meets the eye lurking below the surface.

This car drives better than new, it's FAR faster than new and nothing was done "half-way". Zero corners were cut and the parts selected for this build are all top notch as you can see from what I've got listed below. Additionally, I've kept EVERY single stock part (even the stereo!) with the exception of the factory "De-Carbon" shocks. They were toast and have been discarded. Anything that was removed from the car I have in excellent condition and will be going with the car unless the new owner doesn't want it. That means if you are a purist that wants a "Factory Original WS6" you can easily take off the modifications I've made, sell them for many thousands of dollars and then have a stock car with all GM parts. Why am I not doing this myself? Because I think it's fantastic the way it is and I also just don't have the time or inclination to remove everything. My loss, your gain. For the right price, I'll also be letting all of my "future project" parts go as well. I've got an entire spare engine with forged pistons that I was planning to rebuild. Yep, you get all of it. The heads from the other motor alone would bump this car to ~450 rear wheel horsepower (over 530 hp at the crank).

Disclaimers: No tire kickers, unless you are a serious buyer we aren't going to go joyriding. The paint on this car looks fantastic from 6 feet away and has been well cared for, that said, there is some peeling clear coat in spots and 2 scrapes that would need to be fixed for it to be in "excellent" condition overall. Wheels are in excellent condition. Interior is in excellent condition, no cracked dash or door panels. Seats are supple and without cracks or scuffs or fades. Not a spot of rust on this car as it's never seen winter and almost never seen rain unless I got caught in a freak shower. I'll be posting a FULL YouTube video complete with test drive and detailed explanation of each area of interest on this car. It's worth noting that I don't NEED to sell this car, I'm just putting it out there to see if there is someone else who might get more enjoyment out of it than I do right now due to work/life commitments. Well over $15,000 has been invested into this car over and above the original purchase price. That said, I'm open to reasonable offers and I think based on what is on the market right now that my pricing is quite fair as well.

Asking $18,500.00 CAD for everything, including an engine stand for the spare engine.

115,000 KMS

Dyno Numbers (conservative)

370 horsepower (436 at the crank) / 360 torque (425 lb. ft. at the crank)

Modification List

Go Fast:

- Cartek 2X Cam
- PRC Dual Springs
- LS6 Intake (hand smoothed and clear coated)
- Ported factory throttle body
- LS1 Motorsports Air Lid w/ K&N Filter
- Pacesetter Longtube Ceramic Coated Headers (1 3/4")
- TSP Catted 3" Y-Pipe w/extra bung welded in for wideband O2 operation
- Strano Springs
- Strano hollow front swaybar
- Strano rear swaybar
- Koni 4/4 adjustable shocks (Yellows)
- TA Performance aluminum rear end girdle
- UMI Performance Cromoly Lower Control Arms (Poly/Roto-Joint)
- TurnOne Power Steering Pump w/Billet pulley
- Nitto NT05 tires 275/40/17 + Additi307097onal set of new tires will be installed on car
- Carbotech XP12 brake pads + rotors + full set of slotted/drilled street rotors with Hawk HPS pads
- Earl's braided stainless steel brake lines
- LS6 Clutch
- CAGS skip-shift eliminator
- McCord 3" Electric Cutout (switch hidden inside car in ash tray)
- Custom PCV catch can system

Appearance/Interior/Other:

- Focal 3-way Component speakers w/custom tweeter pods in doors
- Hertz 8" sail panel speakers for midrange
- Kenwood Excelon Head Unit w/WS6 Trans AM Emblazoned custom mount (LED lighting)
- Elemental Designs 10" Woofer in stealthbox (MDF - NOT plastic...)
- Custom rear amp rack with completely new wiring run throughout the car (monster cable etc.)
- Focal crossovers mounted at rear of car on amp rack for accessibility
- MA Audio 4-channel 800W amp for speakers
- Sony 400W Monoblock amp for sub
- Dynamat throughout doors and sail panels, rear also sound deadend to prevent rattle crap status
- PRO 5.0 Performance Shifter
- LOUs Short Stick
- Raptor Performance programmable shift light hidden tastefully in AC vent
- Momo Competition Series steering wheel
- Custom made polished stainless steel kick panels
- Chrome PONTIAC inlay on rear of car
- Windows tinted with ceramic film at 20% all around

Additional Performance Parts Available:

- '99 LS1 Short Block
- Diamond forged pistons
- Morel roller lifters
- Absolute Speed Stage 2 heads
- 2 piece timing cover
- Futral FM4 Cam
- Comp 921 valve springs w/hardened pushrods
Attached Thumbnails Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-fav10.jpg   Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-backside1.jpg   Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-wheelturned1.jpg   Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-ws6-deck-installed.jpg   Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-ws6-finished-door-1.jpg  

Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-ws6-amprack-finished1.jpg   Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-ws6suspension1.jpg   Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts-shoot1_ws6-078-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Trans AM WS6 M6 + Extra Engine & Parts