Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1993 z28

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1993 z28

Year: 1993
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $1500
Mileage: 137841
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Green
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Hi everyone, I have a completely stock hardtop '93 Green Grey Metallic A4 Z28 (probably with a K&N filter, that's all) that I need to sell. I bought it years ago when I was an undergrad and drove it as a daily driver for a while. I went away to grad school a few years ago, and it has been stored in my dad's pole barn/garage ever since.

Here's the situation: The car ran great and had no issues (ran a 14.2@98 before I left/started removing the interior). The exterior was in fairly good condition. Body had no dents or dings that I remember, though the paint had a few small marks in it. I put new tires on it (Raptor Riken's) and a new starter before I left too.

I got a small SUV for my daily, and decided I wanted to turn this car into a track and/or autocross car, and started removing the interior, AC, etc. Currently, the front seats are still in the car, but the rest of the interior has been removed, including the dash (to get access to the AC for removal - the gauge cluster is still in place though), and windshield wipers. The hood is off too, but that's a 10 minute reinstall. I still have all the parts, and they are available with the car if you want them. The AC was removed, and all the appropriate tubes plugged.

Just after this I got really busy in school (switched to a much more difficult major) and then went off to grad school on the other side of the country, with nowhere to store it. As I said, it has been stored in my dad's big pole barn/shed since then. Now he's retiring and would like to start his own small business in there. He asked me to do something about the car because he needs the space now, and I'll be away for another two years, so it looks like I'm going to have to part with the car...

There is one catch (besides the interior, HVAC, and wipers components being on the table next to the car...). At some point during taking the AC out, I removed/lost a small electrical module (one of the black plastic boxes with a plug on the bottom), which prevents the car from starting. The whole car has power, just doesn't try to turn over when the key is turned. I tracked down that it was a missing security module (a few inches square?), I believe. So as it sits now, it will either have to be towed, have a new module put in it, or bypass this part of the security system (if that's possible). I have no reason to think it won't still run just fine though, if the module is replaced.

The only pictures I have right now are from before I removed the interior (and one of the gauge cluster that my dad took so I could remember how many miles it had), but the exterior looks the same (with the hood back on, of course). If anyone is interested, I can have my dad go take some pictures in it's current state (though I'm sure it is covered in dust at this point). At least it will show you the condition of the interior. Let me know!
Attached Thumbnails 1993 z28-camaro4.png   1993 z28-camaro5.png   1993 z28-camaro6.png   1993 z28-camaro1.png   1993 z28-camaro2.png  

1993 z28-camaro3.png   1993 z28-camaro7.jpg  
Old 10-13-2016, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone interested? I should have mentioned, the price is flexible. I just put something to get the conversation started. Let me know if you want more info!
Old 11-08-2016, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Bump! Make me an offer if you're interested!

Quick Reply: 1993 z28