Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam

Old 05-04-2017, 09:29 AM
XLZ
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $7900
Mileage: 75300
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NJ
Color: Beige
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I have owned this car since August 2005, and as far as I know, this car was a lease before I purchased it, and I am the second owner. It currently has 75,300 miles and roughly 2,500 miles with all the engine mods. Clean title. Inspection is good until 4/18. I have done about 75% of all the work myself, and have serviced it by changing the oil at the start of every season (Spring/Summer/Fall) since it doesn't get driven very often. This car has some power especially with a stock rearend and transmission- it's very loud, and it turns heads everywhere, especially at traffic lights when the cam lopes at idle. I haven't ran it at the strip since I did all the engine work, but prior to that, it ran 12.8 @ 110 with a 1.9 60ft with street tires. Tires are in great shape (no burnouts), and have about 2,500 miles on them, so there's alot of tread left. Window tints were done in April/May 2016 (5% on the hatch, 20% on the sides) and are warrantied for life through a local tint shop. Carpet was replaced in 2011 with a new plush black carpet. Also, t-tops are leak free! Brake pads and crossdrilled rotors were done rougly 4K miles ago and are in great shape. O2 sensors were replaced recently. The starter and alternator were replaced 2,500 miles ago, and the battery was replaced at the beginning of 2016. This car was repainted about 7 years ago, and it does have it's minor wear and tear. And suprisingly, this car still get an average of 19-21 mpg mixed driving.

Now for the flaws- the lower passenger seat is split. The alternator is underpowered for the setup because the underdrive crank pulley is taking some power away from it, so over time the battery slowly drains. My cure was putting a charger on it every other month just out of precaution. I do, however, have an overdrive pulley for the alternator which will fix that issue and will include it with the purchase- all that might be needed is a new belt when changing the pulley. Also, the A/C needs a vaccuum and charge.

Mods-
PRC Stage 2.5 Ported Z06 Heads with .660"Lift-capable Dual Valve Springs
Texas Speed 224R Cam (224/224 .581/.581 114 LSA)
Texas Speed Ported LS6 Oil Pump
Texas Speed 7.400" Hardened Pushrods
Cloyes LS1/LS2 Double Roller ZO6 Timing Chain
SummitRacing 25% underdrive Harmonic Balancer
Kooks 1.875" Stainless Longtube Headers w/3" Stainless Off-road Y-Pipe
Borla 3" Stainless Adjustable Catback w/quad tips (blockoff plates included)
SLP Air Lid w/smooth bellows and K&N Filter
All emissions have been removed
Polyurethane Motor Mounts
NGK spark plugs w/MSD Wires
Dynotuned
Bilstein shocks w/SS springs
BMR Adjustable Chromemoly Panhard Bar
BMR Chromemoly Strut Tower Brace
American Racing Torq-Thrust M wheels with anthracite finish (17x10.5" rears, 17x9.5" fronts)
Nitto NT555 Tires (315/35/17 in the rear, 275/40/17 in the front)
Innovate LC-1 Wideband w/02 Sensor and digital AFR gauge
A-pillar Triple Gauge Pod (only one spot being used)
Axxera XDMA7800 Bluetooth Head unit w/4 new 6.5" speakers all around
VFN Sunoco Cowl Hood
RKSport 5" Highrise Ducktail Spoiler

My intentions for this car was building it as a weekend cruiser that can put some power down to the wheels. Family comes first, so I'm selling this car. I'm not looking to get the money that I sunk into this car back, but I believe this is reasonably priced for it's condition and all of the new parts it has. I'm not parting anything out as of now. Price is OBO but I will not entertain lowball offers. Car is located in Budd Lake, NJ. $7900 OBO.
Attached Thumbnails 2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-1.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-2.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-3.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-4.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-5.jpg  

2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-6.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-7.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-8.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-9.jpg   2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam-10.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro Z/28 Heads/Cam