Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Yellow 98 C5 Coupe Automatic SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 04:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow 98 C5 Coupe Automatic SoCal

Year: 1998
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $13500
Mileage: 103763
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Yellow
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Hello LS1Tech,

It is time to sell my baby to upgrade to a C5 Z06. I have had the car since Sept. 11 2014. During that time I have changed out a few things on the car which I will list below (also have stock parts). She has a good amount of miles on her but almost all of the miles I have put on are highway as I had about a 50 mile a day commute for a year and a half. I bought the car right at 78,000 miles and it now has 103,763. The miles will probably not go up since I now work from home and have other cars to drive. There are currently 0 mechanical issues with the car that I am aware of. It was just in the shop for an oil change and they said everything looks great on it. I don't want to ramble on so I'll list what I have done to the car now:

Rebuilt Transmission at 97,510 miles, 3rd-4th gears went out. Rebuilt by AAMCO. I do have receipts. Currently has warranty but it is non transferable (I would be happy to take the car there with serious buyers to be inspected).

Borla S type II dual tip. They have a nice rumble with little to no drone. They are very loud at WOT.

Ruff 954 19"/20" wheels with Toyo Proxes 4plus (about 4,000 miles on rims and tires) have an extra 20" rim to go with them.

It has an aftermarket intake, not sure as to what brand because I bought the car with it. From the looks of it I would say it's a West Coast Corvette dual cone intake.

Lighting:

ACA Headlights from JWM 55w 5000k HID's.

55w 5000k Fog HID's also from JWM.

Modded halo taillights from Corvette Envy.

Clear/Black Corners with LED Switchbacks and amber LED side markers.

LED license plate lights

LED Reverse lights

LED Interior lights (Map lights, Footwells, Rear hatch)

Audio:

Alpine single din Head unit (CDE-154BT) you can stream music over bluetooth, make calls, connect any device with an AUX jack, use any USB device like a flash drive (will also charge your phone).

Alpine Type R door and hatch speakers (sound amazing, very clear, and can get very loud!)

Alpine Type R subwoofer with box that fits in the middle storage compartment in the trunk (Stealth box).

Rockford Fosgate Amp for the sub, not positive on the specs because it was a hand me down when my father upgraded his system, and a Performance Teknique 2000W Amp for the 4 speakers.

The system is very loud and bumps very hard.

Appearance:

I plasti dipped the bottom of the rear bumper (as seen in pictures) it is completely removable and I can remove it before you take it home if you would like.

I also plasti dipped GS stripes on the front drivers side fender. These are also easily removable and I would be glad to take them off for the buyer if they would like.

I did not put the flames on the car, I bought it like that. They are ghost flames (painted on) meaning you only see them at certain angles and in certain light. Now every solid yellow corvette I see looks odd to me, If you don't like them they will most likely grow on you (they grew on me and now I wouldn't want the car without them).

It is a '98 so obviously it isn't perfect. There are some nicks in the paint, but no dings or dents. The only thing beyond wear and tear would be a scrape on the front bumper passenger side (in picture). I did purchase the car like that so I am not sure how it got there but it does look like it would be from scraping a curb. The acrylic Targa top works perfectly and there is no leakage of any kind but it does need a restore as it is not shiny like it used to be.

For pricing there are 2 options.
Option 1: Take it how it sits for $13,500 firm.
Option 2: I take the Borla, Taillights, Sub with box/amp for sub, and Ruff 954 wheels/tires and the price is $12,500 OBO. The stock exhaust, taillights, and wheels will be put back on.

Located in SoCal, Tags were just paid an it has a clean title.

Please feel free to ask questions, you can text me anytime at (714) 510-1901 If calling I am not available until 2:00 PM on weekdays, anytime on the weekends. I am posting this ad on multiple sites and do not come here very much these days so please try to text or call since a PM may not get replied to. Thanks for looking!

Note: I am keeping the license plates for my next car.

There is a smudge on the Speedometer, There is nothing wrong with it.

In this next picture you might be able to see the light scrape, I know it is dark (I will be taking more pictures soon).

Quick Reply: Yellow 98 C5 Coupe Automatic SoCal