Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Formula WS6 6-speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default 1999 Formula WS6 6-speed

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $9500
Mileage: 99402
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TN
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

1999 Pontiac Formula WS6

Real WS6 Formula, 1 of 175 made in 1999 (of those only 27 were Navy Blue Metallic, of those 20 were 6-speeds).

-$9,500
-99,402 miles
-LS1 5.7 liter V8 (still 100% unmodified, oil always changed regularly with Mobil 1 synthetic)
-6-speed manual transmission
-T-tops (do not leak)
-Gray leather interior
-Traction control
-WS6 package (Ram Air hood, 17" wheels, upgraded suspension and exhaust)
-Everything works properly (A/C is cold, power windows, power seat, power antenna, traction control)

The original owner did a few minor modifications when the car was new to make the car more pleasant to drive (I do have all of the original parts that were removed):
-Aftermarket shifter
-Alpine Stereo/MP3 player (the steering wheel controls do still work properly)
-Bolt-on sub-frame connectors (does not rattle or squeak when traveling over bumps)
-BMR rear control arms and panhard bar
-Skip-shift eliminator
-4.10 rear end gears (only turns about 1,950 rpm at 70 mph and still gets 28 mpg)
-Lightly tinted windows (I had this done after I got the car).

The car is solid and rust free. A CarFax will reveal no issues or surprises.

The car is in good condition and very presentable but does have normal wear for a car of this age and mileage. The paint has been clay-barred, polished, and waxed and has a nice shine but it does have some chips, scratches, and minor dings. The passenger side door panel has the common crack. The engine leaks a drop of oil on my garage floor every once in a while but never enough for me to really worry about it. The engine has no unusual noises and has excellent oil pressure at all engine speeds.

I have a clear TN title in hand as well as the original window sticker (over $29,000 new) and owner’s manual. I'm only selling this car because I have more vehicles than garage spaces and I would like to be able to park everything inside.

I purchased the car from the middle-aged original owner in California in 2010 when it had 65k miles and had it shipped to TN. This car has been driven but not abused or heavily modified. The orginal owner said he scratched the right side rear 1/4 panel and passenger door pulling in or out of his garage and he had it resprayed. It has been garage kept since new by both owners and simply used as a daily driver from '99 to Feb 2015 when I purchased a Cobalt SS 4-door as a daily driver. Since then this car hasn't been driven much.

This car has not been abused, I’ve honestly probably only spun the tires 10 times in the 7 years I’ve owned it. However I did take it to the ¼ mile track twice in Bowling Green, KY just to see what it would run. I drove around the water and just pulled to the starting line, did very soft launches, and no wide-open shifting. The car ran as you would expect for a stock WS6. Best e.t. was 13.22 and the best mph was 109.87 (not on the same run). I was satisfied and decide to just keep the car stock and not install the CNC heads, cam, and LS6 intake that I purchased for the car since I decided I wouldn’t be racing it. A complete detail of the runs are attached to this ad as a .pdf file.

If you have any interest feel free to contact me by email buquick@comcast.net or by phone/text 615-522-8027. I can answer any questions and send more detailed photos. I don't want to present the car as anything except a 99k mile WS6 Formula and I will gladly detail every flaw for you. There will be no surprises if you buy this car. Respectful test drives are welcomed for serious buyers.

The car is located in Nashville, TN about 10 miles from airport.
Attached Thumbnails 1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-lh-side-1-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-lh-side-2-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-lh-side-3-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-lh-side-4-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-lh-side-5-.jpg  

1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-lh-side-6-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-lh-side-7-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-b.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-c-rh-1-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-c-rh-2-.jpg  

1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-c-rh-3-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-c-rh-4-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-c-rh-5-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-d-rear.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-engine-0-.jpg  

1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-engine-3-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-engine-1-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-int-1-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-int-2b-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-int-3-.jpg  

1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-int-4-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-int-5-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-int-6-.jpg   1999 Formula WS6 6-speed-ws.jpg  
Attached Files

Last edited by BUQUICK; 06-06-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Quick Reply: 1999 Formula WS6 6-speed