Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT

Year: 1989
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $10999
Mileage: 128000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

1989 Pontiac Trans Am:
1/4 Mile - 12.0 @ 113mph
1/8 Mile - 7.77 @ 90.8mph 60ft @ 1.72

PRICE CHANGE $10,999, as is, you tune it faster if you want it. I'm finishing up some work now and starting a build with a fully forged 350 block and blow-thru carb setup. Will update thread as it progresses. Car is in great shape. Garaged kept. Pics tell the story. This car is not perfect, but it's close and I have no time to make any more mods. I'm pretty darn picky. I restore 'ole muscle cars for Show and that's what I want to focus on...

My rating on this car: paint 8 out of 10, interior 9/10, haulin' *** 10/10... E-mail me at cosmosrobby@yahoo.com with trade/offers..

89 T/A Details:

Engine:
Original Block GM 305 TPI + .030 = 310 Cubic Inches
TRW Forged Flat Top Pistons
Eagle 4340 H-Beam Rods
COMP Cams Xtreme Fuel Injected Camshaft: 268/ 276, Lift .570/ .565
Comp Cams hi energy pushrods
GM LS7 lifers
Comp Cams 1.6:1 Pro Magnum Roller Rockers
Comp Cams double valve springs
Comp Cams Double Roller timing chain
World S/R Torquer 305 Cylinder Heads 1.94/1.50 valves
Edlebrock Aluminum intake manifold
Accel SuperRam Intake Plenum
Melling high volume oil pump
Accel #26 injectors/Siemmens #60 High Impedance Injectors (not installed)
BBK 58mm throttle body
BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator
Wieand polished aluminum water pump
Procharger P1SC with Intercooler 8lb boost (I have other pulleys to make it higher)

Ignition:
MSD 6AL/Hypertech Coil
9MM Spark plug wires
Accel HEI control module

Transmission:
Coan Engineering Street/Strip 700R4
Neal Chance custom 9.5 in lock up converter
Spohn Trans. Cross-member with driveshaft loop

Exhaust:
Ceramic Coated Hooker Long Tube headers

Rear End:
GM 7.5 inch 10-bolt housing
Moser C-Clip Eliminators
Moser custom alloy axles
LPW Ultimate 7.5 rear end cover
Strange Engineering 3.73 Pro Gears
Auburn Pro Limited Slip Differential

Suspension:
Front:

PA Racing Tubular K-Member
Spohn tubular A-arms with rod ends
Spohn pro-tour coil over kit 300lb springs
Koni “red” adjustable struts
Flaming River Pinto manual steering rack

Rear:
BMR Torque Arm
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Adjustable Panhard Rod
BMR Panhard Rod relocation Kit
Spohn QA1 coil over kit

with this setup the car's height is fully adjustable on all fours.

Chassis:
Spohn Wonder Bar
Chris Alston Subframe connectors

Brakes:
Front: Power slot rotors
SSBC Electric Vacuum Pump
SSBC Force 10 Aluminum calipers
Stainless braided brake lines
Hawks Ceramic brake pads
Rear: Stock drums

Wheels & Tires:
Front:

17 x 8 Torque Thrust II Classics
245/45-17 BFG G-Force T/A KD

Rear:
17 x 9.5 Torque Thrust II Classics
275/40-17 BFG G-Force T/A KD

Plus:
Drag Wheels/Tires:
17 x 11 Torque Thrust II Classics
315/35-17 BFG Drag Radials

6 matching Torque Thrust and tires. G-Force tires are almost new.

Additional stuff that goes with sale:

Original and complete Rear Axel and housing
Original and complete steering assembly
Canton Racing coolant expansion tank
Dell Laptop with Bullseye PCU-1 Software
Innovate wideband O2 sensor with hand held monitor
Innovate Aux box data logger
Holley 255lph in tank fuel pump

UPDATE:
Had plenty of low-ball offers and can't do that. Too much here to just give it away, so I'll keep building and playing. Just had the rear-end gone through. All is good, just needed crush sleeve and a little better pinion alignment. I also bought a Forged Internals 350 block and will be building it out to run a blow-thru carb setup. Will update thread as it progresses, but I doubt it will be ready before May/June timeframe. No details yet. I'm talking with several vendors and builders to come up with a solid combination. Design goal will be to push the 550rwhp mark, but where it can be driven to the track or on short cruises to shows and tuned without a computer or burning a chip!

When the motor is ready to install, all the not so fun electronic stuff and Superram Accel intake/Edelbrock/BBK/FIs combo and other goodies will be sold off cheap.

See next for more more info:
Attached Thumbnails 89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010040.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010038.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010033.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010059.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010050.jpg  

Last edited by REBS-TA; 01-28-2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Price change and update
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Default more pics and more detail about the car

First of all the car is street-able. I can't say it would pass an emissions test, since we aren't required to have one here. I've made about 15 passes ..doing a little bit at a time to tighten her up. When I bought the car it had a lot of the goodies, but it was just not quite setup right. I'm an 'ole school guy, so, working on these "Electronically" controlled cars is all new to me and too time consuming.

The reason for selling, I have a 70 Camaro and 69 Mach 1 project, I need to get back to.
BUT, I love racing on occasion (reason I want a show/go/race car with some creature comforts that does not need any work, so, that I can just get in and go to the track or show and I've seen a few I'd like to have in this forum).

The car does not have A/C or Power steering. But it does come with parts to put it back stock if that's what you want. However, it turns easy with the rack and pinion setup. Heater works fine. I drive it to the track and occasionally to the store.

2 Do List if I kept the car:
- Fix idle (she searches for a comfortable spot)
- Install the bigger injectors (provided with sale)
- Install the 12lb boost pulley (provided with sale). (It is ~8lbs now)
- Get a tune and burn a chip for it.
- While tuning set the computer for the 373 gears so the speedo is right
- Fix the small leak around the driver side c-clip eliminator seal
- Install a line lock

Have all documents and receipts for work done from previous owner and myself. Over 30k spent.

She's not perfect, but if you can tune or have access to a great tune shop. I'd bet this car will easily turn 11 and look great doing it.

Thanks for looking...

Godspeed,
REB
Attached Thumbnails 89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-img_07622.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-i-7.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010042.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010030.jpg   89 Sharp T/A 425rwhp with Procharger FS/FT-p1010032.jpg  

Last edited by REBS-TA; 04-18-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: correct some information
Old 11-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Price reduced wanting to trade/sell/buy before winter kicks in...and the track is closed
Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Where are you located at in alabama? Im right in oxford. Would you be willing to 7500? Pm me back as soon as you can.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Bump for a nice car....I know the former owner.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Default Response to Message

Tiny16... Thanks for the offer, but I'm firm on the price. The procharger, tires/wheels, qa1s and heads cost that much. I live in Huntsville and will be at the Huntsville Drag Strip on Saturday, weather permitting. I'm off the rest of the week, working around the house and garage. 60lbs are not in the car. Still have several more goodies that go with the car to make it even faster, if that's what you want. If you're serious, send me a PM and we can share phone numbers to discuss. One thing I'm pretty sure of, to get a nicer car with more goodies you'll need to jump up to ~14k. I've been looking for quite a long time for a LS1 to buy.

I just bought the following T/A from Jason over the weekend and man what a sweet ride and sound..Honest and all 'round good guy

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...-12-500-a.html

Thanks LS1-IROC for the bump...Matt's an alright dude. He almost gave me the car Don't tell him I said that. My friend and I re-did almost all the wiring and setup a separate fuse link for the 6AL, air/vaccum pump and aux fuel pump(which wasn't working so he wasn't getting near the fuel he thought or speed). WHOever installed some of the stuff for Matt must have been in a hurry or wanted him to come back. Also put in the B&M and added a few more odd and ends getting the front Spohn suspension tightened up. ALso the day I came to pick up the car, we saw some antifreeze leaking and it turned out to be the waterpump, so I bought a new aluminum high flow...and new powermaster chrome alternater..re-installed new arp header bolts..... well there is always something to do and lots of fun. Tell him we've enjoyed the car and it gets a lot of attention when I take it the track. The sad thing, I've only been there twice this year.

Take care guys,
REB

Last edited by REBS-TA; 04-13-2010 at 04:39 PM. Reason: updating information
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by REBS-TA
Tiny16... Thanks for the offer, but I'm firm on the price. The procharger, tires/wheels, qa1s and heads cost that much. I live in Huntsville and will be at the Huntsville Drag Strip on Saturday, weather permitting. I'm off the rest of the week, working around the house and garage. 60lbs are not in the car. Still have several more goodies that go with the car to make it even faster, if that's what you want. If you're serious, send me a PM and we can share phone numbers to discuss. One thing I'm pretty sure of, to get a nicer car with more goodies you'll need to jump up to ~14k. I've been looking for quite a long time for a LS1 to buy.

I just bought the following T/A from Jason over the weekend and man what a sweet ride and sound..Honest and all 'round good guy

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-...-12-500-a.html

So not interested on trades.

Thanks LS1-IROC for the bump...Matt's an alright dude. He almost gave me the car Don't tell him I said that. My friend and I re-did almost all the wiring and setup a separate fuse link for the 6AL, air/vaccum pump and aux fuel pump(which wasn't working so he wasn't getting near the fuel he thought or speed). WHOever installed some of the stuff for Matt must have been in a hurry or wanted him to come back. Also put in the B&M and added a few more odd and ends getting the front Spohn suspension tightened up. ALso the day I came to pick up the car, we saw some antifreeze leaking and it tunred out to be the waterpump, so I bought a new aluminum high flow...and new powermaster chrome alternater..re-installed new arp header bolts..... well there is always something to do and lots of fun. Tell him we've enjoyed the car and it gets a lot of attention when I take it the track. The sad thing, I've only been there twice this year.

Take care guys,
REB
Alrighty I'll get back with you this coming up monday. Going up to North Carolina to visit some relatives for Veterans day tommorow and I wont be back till monday.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Beautiful 3rd gen!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that car is freakin sexxy ..should put a few pics in the 3rd GEN ONLY appearance thread and make sure they know its for sale!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

I seen,this car at hsv dragway over the weekend..It really is a beautiful car...glws
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Niiiice.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Teching In

If only my GTO would sell!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Bump for a nice car. My first car was an 87 GTA, still got it, red just like this one..its my project car now..too bad my g/f wouldnt let me trade..I miss my old car! This is everything I wanted my GTA to be..
Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are some amazing numbers from a 305 block!! Props for turning that small bore motor into a beast.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the compliments and the bump. The family had fun at the track on Nov. 14. It was nice to see quite a few LSx Firebirds and Camaros. Actually, put a little hurting on a couple of folks. For slipping off the line, she ran pretty consistent times, as long as I paid attention;

1/8 Times: 7.82, 7.86 and the best time 7.77, all of them between 90.16 – 90.89mph. The 60 ft. times were all around 1.73-1.77. The worst run was 8.1 @ 87 mph…and I was lucky to get that….my auburn locker decided to let me do a little one wheel burnout on the line… It would help if someone behind the wheel knew what they were doing.
Well, ‘ole man winter is coming and Santa needs to focus on the family… so she’s up for the winter. Also, need to work on my other babies, getting them ready for next year’s car shows and their annual maintenance. Probably late winter/early spring, I’ll start working on the little odd and end things that need to be done…

Here’s the “to do” list:
1 - Line-lock, get a good burn out, so I can stick on the line
2 – Swap out the 8lb boost pulley with the 12lb boost pulley
3 – Try to figure out the idle issue (air/fuel mixture computer whatever must not happy)
4 – M/T Drag Radials
5 – Check out the rear transmission housing
6 - ?? sure there’s more Maybe put in the new 60lb injectors..

Good luck out there and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by REBS-TA

Thanks LS1-IROC for the bump...Matt's an alright dude. He almost gave me the car Don't tell him I said that. My friend and I re-did almost all the wiring and setup a separate fuse link for the 6AL, air/vaccum pump and aux fuel pump(which wasn't working so he wasn't getting near the fuel he thought or speed). WHOever installed some of the stuff for Matt must have been in a hurry or wanted him to come back. Also put in the B&M and added a few more odd and ends getting the front Spohn suspension tightened up. ALso the day I came to pick up the car, we saw some antifreeze leaking and it tunred out to be the waterpump, so I bought a new aluminum high flow...and new powermaster chrome alternater..re-installed new arp header bolts..... well there is always something to do and lots of fun. Tell him we've enjoyed the car and it gets a lot of attention when I take it the track. The sad thing, I've only been there twice this year.

Take care guys,
REB
REB....I don't run into Matt very much anymore since he sold this car...however, I know he bought a nice white ZR1...so hopefully we will see him around more.

I think it's funny because I still see this car on a commercial that runs for a local machine shop up here in GR. Matt had this car there when they filmed the commercial.

BTW...the exhaust that's on my car right now came off your's....GMMG all stainless...nice piece.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Teching In

LS1-IROC - Take car and when you see Matt, tell him we said hello. Tough times right and it won't hurt my feelings if the car doesn't sell. We'll just work a little on her over the winter and make her a little faster.

Happy Holidays
Robby
Old 12-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Teching In

ttt for the Holidays
Old 01-02-2010, 12:29 AM
11 Second Club

Man, if it was spring. Well done. glws
Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

I showed my g/f and she really likes it. We both miss my 87 a lot..Had a lot of fun it that turd! Id be willing to talk about a trade maybe but I feel my cars worth a bit more than $9000..Or..I just need to put mine up for sale..for a cheep price to get it to move..Got any videos and more pictures? The more I look and the more my g/f says email him..I think Id like to have it!!