87 WS6 for sale. Low miles. Loaded. Must SEE

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 WS6 for sale. Low miles. Loaded. Must SEE

This is a 1987 Pontiac Trans Am. This is a very loaded car, with a few hard to find options on it. The car is an original SOCAL car, with only 117,000 miles on it, everything on this car has been serivced often, and is in great mechanical condition. I am the 2nd or 3rd owner of this vehicle. This car has never left California. I was involved in a crash with this car in November of 2005. The insurance totaled the car out, and gave me a salvage title. However, after it was rebuilt I went to the DMV to register it again, and they said it did NOT have a salvage title. So I don't know what's going on with that, guess it's got a clean title again. So I'm selling this car assuming the title is clean as a wistle. The trans shifts perfect, the differention works like a dream, and the engine has no problem spinning up and roasting the tires when needed. The car handles like a dream thanks to WS6 suspension, however it does have drum brakes in the rear, not a big deal, still stops great and gets the job done. It has GTA wheels, which are painted black. The interior is in great shape for being as old as it is, 20 years old. The drivers seat has a little tear in it, that started about a month ago after daily driving the car for 2. Other then that it's complete and clean, dash is PERFECT, no cracks, on flaws, same as the dash. The only thing that bothers me about it is the center console, it's coming off just a little around the shifter, nothing big, all that needs to be done is have it removed and then glue it back on but I don't have the patience for that, I hate interior work! The carpet is also VERY good, and the back seats look like they have NEVER been set in. THe trunk is also good, but needs a few more screws to hold the panels together, just go to a junk yard and get them, or I will do them myself if I sell the car.

THe Radio works when it wants, it's kind of annoying but I got use to it, sounds like a lose wire, if you hit it, sometimes it will turn back on.

I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS INFACT A GTA!!!! IT COULD BE, BUT I WANNA STAY ON THE SAFE SIDE AND SAY IT ISNT. IT HAS ALOT OF GTA OPTIONS AND POINTS TO BEING ONE, BUT DONT WANT TO CALL IT ONE UNLESS IT'S CONFIRMED.

Here is a list of some of the options it has that I could find so far...
P245/50VR16 BW Steel Belted Radial
Special Performance Package(WS6)
Custom Interior Trim
Delco AM Stereo/FM ETR Stereo Cassette
Rally Cluster, Tachometer And Trip Odometer
Screen, Cargo Security
Mats, Front and Rear
Hatch Roof, Locking
Glass, Tinted
Defogger, Electric Rear Window
Axle, Limited Slip Differential
Air Conditioning
4-Speed Automatic
V8, MFI (5.0L 215HP)
RH Visor Vanity Mirror
LH Visor Vanity Mirror
Remote Deck Lid Release
Interior Roof Console
Power Door Locks
Controlled Cycle Wipers
Lamp Group
Body Side Moldings
Power Windows (Includes Door Map Pockets)
Cruise Control
Tilt Steering Wheel

Here is a list of what Was done to the car after the crash.
Replaced the drivers fender
Replaced the front bumper cover
Replaced the front bumper guard
Replaced the front bumper padding
Replaced the Hood (correct for year)
Replaced the lower valance and spoiler
Replaced the thermostat
Replaced the radiator
Replaced the headlight covers
Replaced the headlight brackets
Replaced the headlight motors (both work)
Had the car re-painted to original color

The only things I have noticed on the car other then my modification of a Series 40 Flowmaster muffler is a 3 inch cat back system with aftermarket Cat. Other then that the car has been un-touched and un-molested.

One thing the car needs, spark plugs. It hesitates around 35 MPH if you stay at that speed, same with with 40 MPH, other then that, it's a PERFECT car for daily driving, even with the hesitation it's still great.

Here are some photos. I'm mainly looking to trade for now, but open to cash offers.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

nice car, i believe Y84 was the RPO for a GTA, and should be found in the center console. Also all GTA's had Gold laced wheels like yours.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are you looking to trade for? If it says in post sorry I just didnt see it.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Just information for you - it is not a GTA. GTA's did not come with the front fender vents.

Free bump for you.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Weird, it did have gold wheels, you could tell they where painted over, you have to see in person. If you look when the cenver caps are removed you can tell. And there is nothing in the center console. I'm very confused now, I want to say it is because it has pretty much all the options for a 305 GTA, but at the same time, it has damn fender vents! lol

Car is located in Southern California. Open to trades, what did you have? Hoping MAYBE for a 4th gen LT1 car, that is clean or decent. But would consider trades for anything else.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Teching In

no one wants a 3rd gen :-(
Old 07-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Teching In

i love 3rd gens, 4th are nice but 3rd are better, imo
i just bought a mint 3rd gen camaro roller for $800
bump for a sweet bird, gl