Vehicles Wanted Looking for a specific vehicle? Post a WANTED thread here. DO NOT post them anywhere else!

WTT/WTB (PA) 98-02 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT/WTB (PA) 98-02 Trans Am

So recently picked up a 91 Camaro convertible (new top) RS with a 350 iron block swap, holley 750 manual carb, aluminum heads, exhaust, mild cam, koni struts, lowering springs (only an inch), full drivetrain swap from an iroc (10 bolt 3.73), (pretty much set up for drag) line lock/trans brake from my uncle but its not really what I was looking for.

Car was running (for the 2 days I had it) now the fuel pump went out in it (OEM from 91) and not sure if I feel like putting money into it or not. Car was sitting for 2 years not being driven (if it was only maybe ~100 miles a year)

Needs header gasket (drivers side) blows off because of header flex
Power Steering pump (which I have new)
Fuel Pump

Dash pad is cracked and tach does not work.

So I'd see if someone had a trans am that needed a little work (transmission, body work, high mileage) NO BLOWN ENGINES PLEASE

Automatic is prefered

Could need a little engine work if needed doesn't bother me.

But throwing the entertainment of trade +cash on my end if needed.

Little bit of a fixer upper but in reality not much.

I'm Located in SE PA
Old 06-06-2014, 05:36 PM

Also body and interior (which seats are in pretty good condition) has 17X,XXX miles on it.

Back history on what happened... Knew the car needed a header gasket ($16) and power steering pump. Drove perfectly fine the first day driving it to and from work (6 blocks away). 2nd day went to work, came home from lunch, stalled at the end of my drive (which is 1/8 mile) wanted to start but kept stalling than lost power (aka battery)

Bought new battery for it went to go start it... Thought I flooded it, but than after extensive searching on why fuel wasn't getting to the carb (thought it was a relay or fuse for the fuel pump switch/relay) which were all reading correctly, properly grounded and hot wires, lead back to the fuel pump. Jumped the main relay (heard fuel pump click but no buzzing)

IN case anyone was wondering how I know its the fuel pump. My uncle (who had worked for chevy and has owned many and still does) helped me through the trouble shooting process.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:37 PM

Forgot to mention Drivetrain and engine have ~30,000 on them.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:39 PM

Please close thread. Keeping the Camaro... Need to find a shell

Quick Reply: WTT/WTB (PA) 98-02 Trans Am