Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
are you a lawyer?
No, but thanks for the compliment, I think.

If I were a lawyer, I'd ask really intelligent questions like this, since this probably isn't the first words out of every person's mouth fighting a speeding ticket and will result in great insight and debate which may swing the ruling in your favor:

Originally Posted by Duffster
Whats the officers training record on proper operation of the used radar gun and when was it last calibrated? What is the maintenance history on that same radar gun?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28gsxr
A friend of mine got his car taken away for no license. Car was under his fathers name but when they used that excuse they told them so you're saying he took the car without u knowing? so you're pressing charges for theft? needless to say the car staid for 30 days.
thats bogus, because a friend of mine got his car impounded for street racing, and the ar was registered to his mother and his mother went in the following day and picked up the car. and this car was suppose to be impounded for 30days
Old 11-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damnnn thats bull **** doggg **** that u should fight for it..
Old 11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLUEP1SS
damnnn thats bull **** doggg **** that u should fight for it..
im going to !!!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS#2906
Not really JT, officers in particular areas of L.A. (South Gate, Downey, Gardena, Huntington Park) are very biased about muscle/ricer cars. Chances are that you will get pulled over just to check you for warrants, valid license, and mods.

Granted that the OP hasn't actually stated if he did or didn't do something to upset them, so that leads me to believe that he may have done something wrong. These are areas that you do not want to mess around in, everyone who lives in those areas KNOWS this, and doing so is simply asking for trouble.
I agree w/Julio. I live in SG and trust me I know SG cops. I do agree the officer that is being mentioned is super stricked but again not all cops are like that. If you have a clean record fight it and move on. Thanx
Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rather then bitch about it on the internet go in to Southgate PD and talk to the detectives and request an impound hearing.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by transambandit
Rather then bitch about it on the internet go in to Southgate PD and talk to the detectives and request an impound hearing.
I aint Bitchin Homie !!! **** im just informing the People of ls1 tech that i hang out with that my car got taken away !!!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Teching In

So did you actually do the burn out or not? You never answered if you did or didnt? Impounding the car over 5mph??? I think that is ridiculous.. I went faster than that and been pulled over for going 21mph over the speed limit but they never impounded my car. If that would have happen to me knowing I have a clean record , no burnouts and going 5MPH over!!??, I would have made a scene or try to call station to speak to his supervisor or something....I don't know but I just think that's F****** stupid.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Thepheroe
I aint Bitchin Homie !!! **** im just informing the People of ls1 tech that i hang out with that my car got taken away !!!
He's actually giving you some good advice though. You should do it.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

if he gave you a ticket for exhibition of speed its for doing a burn out, not actual speeding, they just cant write doing a burn out on the ticket, thats the official name for it in the vehicle code.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IMPULSE04GTO
So did you actually do the burn out or not? You never answered if you did or didnt? Impounding the car over 5mph??? I think that is ridiculous.. I went faster than that and been pulled over for going 21mph over the speed limit but they never impounded my car. If that would have happen to me knowing I have a clean record , no burnouts and going 5MPH over!!??, I would have made a scene or try to call station to speak to his supervisor or something....I don't know but I just think that's F****** stupid.
The truth i might had punched it but not burned out but he says he has pictures....LMFAO even if i did burn out theres a big *** hill and u can not see to the other side well he said that he was pumping gas in back of the station and theres a black fence that u cant see threw ,idk and if he does have pictures they might be from tuns of ppl that leave marks there idk im still fighting this!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The truth i might had punched it but not burned out but he says he has pictures....LMFAO even if i did burn out theres a big *** hill and u can not see to the other side well he said that he was pumping gas in back of the station and theres a black fence that u cant see threw ,idk and if he does have pictures they might be from tuns of ppl that leave marks there idk im still fighting this!!!
Thats internet code for "yes i totally did a burn out"
Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transambandit
Thats internet code for "yes i totally did a burn out but I don't wanna come right out and say it because it will make me look guilty"
Old 11-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Ive worked in the back lot and you cant see out let alone the other side of the track's
Old 11-18-2008, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by P-DOG
Ive worked in the back lot and you cant see out let alone the other side of the track's
Yea its tru look at google maps
Old 11-18-2008, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fight that **** and win
Old 11-19-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by krazy4
Fight that **** and win
Sounds like good advice......................but how EXACTLY is he gonna do that??

Bottom line, he did something he wasn't supposed to and got busted for it. It's gonna be the Deputy's word against his, how do you prove that you didn't do the burnout.

To the OP, I'm sorry that your car was impounded, but you have to be careful on the streets. There isn't much you can do about it other than prolong the court date (extensions) and then request a "Trial by Declaration" and then hope that the Deputy doesn't show. Otherwise, you pay the fines, take the points (isn't it 2 points for exhibition of speed?), and learn from your mistakes.

Next time try to keep the burnouts on the dragstrip!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's those kind of a**hole pihgz that need a bhulit to the head for abusing their authority. Like someone said earlier...lets compare tread patterns...or for that matter, tread width as well! Huh! What if he wanted to just fu*k with ya, tried to pit you, make you crash and kill ya, and in the end he says...whoops! my bad! The things cops think they should get away with just because they're cops. Some of these criminals (bad cops) just need to be put down and be done with it!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
It's those kind of a**hole pihgz that need a bhulit to the head for abusing their authority. Like someone said earlier...lets compare tread patterns...or for that matter, tread width as well! Huh! What if he wanted to just fu*k with ya, tried to pit you, make you crash and kill ya, and in the end he says...whoops! my bad! The things cops think they should get away with just because they're cops. Some of these criminals (bad cops) just need to be put down and be done with it!
Good lord how do you remember to breathe? Jesus some dumb ******* people running around the world, this post make absolutely no sense and you just sound like a redneck who just got done ******* his sister and is now trying to figure out "that there intranets." Shut up until you have something useful to post.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS#2906
Sounds like good advice......................but how EXACTLY is he gonna do that??
He has everything to prove the cops "poor judgment"

Quick Reply: Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!