Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Stupidest shit done on your F-body!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I let shops do the work for me. That was the stupidest **** done on my F-body. Aside from washing it once when it was over 100 degrees while it was in the sun. lmao.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. had mine teeter totting on the edge of a cliff once... no wheels touching... scared the **** out of me and my buddy who was in it... 2 weeks after I bought it

2. was doing a drift/burnout... ended up over-correcting and went into 4x4 mode over some curbs...

3. the latest was my engine bay catching on fire...
Old 02-08-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did that happen?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
1. had mine teeter totting on the edge of a cliff once... no wheels touching... scared the **** out of me and my buddy who was in it... 2 weeks after I bought it

2. was doing a drift/burnout... ended up over-correcting and went into 4x4 mode over some curbs...

Care to explain how the hell you almost went over a cliff? hahaha
Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

buying it right before the recession started... coulda waited a coupla weeks and coulda gotten it cheaper
Old 02-08-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
buying it right before the recession started... coulda waited a coupla weeks and coulda gotten it cheaper
lol
Old 02-08-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

did a burnout when there was a cop around haha

mike (sommer86) was there to witness me getting pulled over
Old 02-08-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MaroonLS1
On a rainy night 6 years ago when i had my lt1 z28 i was driving home when some girls pull up beside me and waved saying that was a nice car. I decided that required some stupidity on my part so I went WOT. I broke traction on all four tires, lost control somehow did a 180 counterclockwise then i corrected and went 180 clockwise. Once the car came to a stop I was not gonna let those girls get a second look at me so i fled the scene!!
That was a good laugh!
Old 02-08-2009, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

hmm...well it was stupid but had to be done...fellow tech member and her husband (at the time) got busted street racing so drove them AND there 1000000# rotweiler home to temecuala, or the hills above that city..only catch was tthey lived up a dirt road about a mile plus.....lololll
Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

doing 120 on the hwy and getting cought.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Following wicked muscle doing 130mph on the toll road one year ago, going to the Irvine meet...
Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ummm, your gonna have to do all of us a favor and explain the cliff hanger dude
Old 02-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Launching!

All this stories are fucken interesting lol
Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Launching!

I almost started a pursuit. Oh and I got away from the cops (with my fucked up driving skills)
Old 02-09-2009, 03:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
how did that happen?
Originally Posted by MaroonLS1
Care to explain how the hell you almost went over a cliff? hahaha
Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
Ummm, your gonna have to do all of us a favor and explain the cliff hanger dude
lol... well....

long story but...

If any of you know the DeLuz area in Temecula... me and a buddy went up there one night in his '68 mustang right after he got it out of the shop from getting a total transformation from stock form done... he wanted to show me "what it could do" up in the mountain/twisties area... needless to say he scared the **** out of me, but we had a lot of fun...

fast forward 3 weeks...

Right after I bought my car... (had it for about 2 weeks at this point back in '02) we decided to go back up to Deluz to see "what it could do"... so in an effort to scare my buddy... I started giving it more throttle than I should have (since I wasn't yet used to the car and I was being a stupid 20 year old at the time )... well, two, basically 90 degree turns were coming up, and I decided to try and drift a little... well the first turn I gave it a little gas going around and took it pretty well... so... once we got to the 2nd turn I decided to give it a little more throttle... keep in mind, it's like 12 midnight and I can't see a damn thing... well as we were going around the turn my tires broke loose and basically I ended up fishtailing and corrected about 5 different times, each time, over correcting worse and worse.... eventually we ended up doing a complete 360 while skidding onto the edge of this cliff up there...

nose pointed down, and *** of the car up in the air... we nearly **** ourselves... I actually had to step backwards, once I opened my door because there was no ground, where you would normally step out of the car...

once we got out, I couldn't help but think, "how the hell we were gonna get it back onto the road"... especially at 12 midnight in the middle of nowhere...

so at this point i turned to my buddy and said "ok... you get in the car, put in in reverse, while I sit on the bumper to try and get the back wheels to touch and maybe we can drag it back on the road... that way, if you fall over the cliff in my car, I'll just say YOU STOLE IT"

believe it or not... he agreed to get in the car... and we tried out the whole me sitting on the bumper idea. Well, it worked! We got the driver rear tire to barely touch... just enough to slowly drag it back onto the road...

after all that... there was NO DAMAGE!

needless to say... I had the shakes and drove the car about 15mph the whole way downhill...

everytime I get in a mountain area driving the car I get the shakes/sweats now
Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned Village Idiot

^^^ wow! your one lucky mo fo!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol... well....

long story but...

If any of you know the DeLuz area in Temecula... me and a buddy went up there one night in his '68 mustang right after he got it out of the shop from getting a total transformation from stock form done... he wanted to show me "what it could do" up in the mountain/twisties area... needless to say he scared the **** out of me, but we had a lot of fun...

fast forward 3 weeks...

Right after I bought my car... (had it for about 2 weeks at this point back in '02) we decided to go back up to Deluz to see "what it could do"... so in an effort to scare my buddy... I started giving it more throttle than I should have (since I wasn't yet used to the car and I was being a stupid 20 year old at the time )... well, two, basically 90 degree turns were coming up, and I decided to try and drift a little... well the first turn I gave it a little gas going around and took it pretty well... so... once we got to the 2nd turn I decided to give it a little more throttle... keep in mind, it's like 12 midnight and I can't see a damn thing... well as we were going around the turn my tires broke loose and basically I ended up fishtailing and corrected about 5 different times, each time, over correcting worse and worse.... eventually we ended up doing a complete 360 while skidding onto the edge of this cliff up there...

nose pointed down, and *** of the car up in the air... we nearly **** ourselves... I actually had to step backwards, once I opened my door because there was no ground, where you would normally step out of the car...

once we got out, I couldn't help but think, "how the hell we were gonna get it back onto the road"... especially at 12 midnight in the middle of nowhere...

so at this point i turned to my buddy and said "ok... you get in the car, put in in reverse, while I sit on the bumper to try and get the back wheels to touch and maybe we can drag it back on the road... that way, if you fall over the cliff in my car, I'll just say YOU STOLE IT"

believe it or not... he agreed to get in the car... and we tried out the whole me sitting on the bumper idea. Well, it worked! We got the driver rear tire to barely touch... just enough to slowly drag it back onto the road...

needless to say... I had the shakes and drove the car about 15mph the whole way downhill...

i remember you telling me this story multiple times, and i still crack up.

i do want to add to the things you have done to the car that were stupid.
#1 the motovator TB spacer
#2 the underglows , dude come on now
Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i remember you telling me this story multiple times, and i still crack up.

i do want to add to the things you have done to the car that were stupid.
#1 the motovator TB spacer
#2 the underglows , dude come on now
u mean neon lights like the POS hondas????
Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol... well....

long story but...

fast forward 3 weeks...

Thats nuts man, good thing your okay. My cousin went to high school with this kid that got a brand new cobra that the time(03-04). The kid went for a little drive and ended up driving off the edge of a cliff and died. I think thats a really sad way to die cuz its just a kid trying to have fun not knowing any better.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Letting a buddy of mine drive the car and totaling it

and paying a local "performance" shop to put in my nitrous and failing at doing so and having to re-wire it myself later on