great deal, i need to order one
Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do it man its a win win deal cant go wrong
Old 02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Launching!

This might sounds stupid, but what makes them so great or better than any other aftermarket? And how are they suppoed to mount to the firewall with that odd shape?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tomz28
do it man its a win win deal cant go wrong
My pedal still drops after installing this MC
Old 02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
This might sounds stupid, but what makes them so great or better than any other aftermarket? And how are they suppoed to mount to the firewall with that odd shape?
they actually have the same angle that the stock mc does, the aluminum bracket is just alot beefier looking. It mounts just the same, pretty simple install. It's better because it has a higher volume of fluid being displaced per stroke, and it actually seals unlike the McLeod. It uses a high quality Tilton cylinder and is adjustable (can be adjusted without even removing the palstic panels or using any tools, big plus) Not to mention it comes with it's own quick disconnect line and heat wrap.

Unfortunately, im stuck with the same prob still. The pedal feels GREAT during normal driving and is much improved, but it still drops after a 4th gear pull
Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
Make sure you do a search and look at the multiple success stories from folks that have used our cylinder to fix multiple shifting & disengagement issues with every brand of clutch on the market. Our cylinder flows more fluid than any other Adjustable Master on the market, and uses parts that NASCAR teams use to ensure proper disengagement and reliable, quick shifts every time. That odd shape is the bracket we use to develop a flush mount to the firewall.
Originally Posted by entewoh
My pedal still drops after installing this MC
You've got problems elsewhere if that is the case. Look at the slave cylinder or the pressure plate for further issues. The clutch could also be slipping and causing excessive heat in/around the slave.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
You've got problems elsewhere if that is the case. Look at the slave cylinder or the pressure plate for further issues. The clutch could also be slipping and causing excessive heat in/around the slave.
I understand. My slave is new and my clutch is not slipping so now it's time to check fluid and go around the circle chasing these problems again. Nothing to do with the master, i just wanted to point out that it's not a 100% fix all for clutch issues... unfortunately
Old 02-14-2009, 01:46 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by entewoh
they actually have the same angle that the stock mc does, the aluminum bracket is just alot beefier looking. It mounts just the same, pretty simple install. It's better because it has a higher volume of fluid being displaced per stroke, and it actually seals unlike the McLeod. It uses a high quality Tilton cylinder and is adjustable (can be adjusted without even removing the palstic panels or using any tools, big plus) Not to mention it comes with it's own quick disconnect line and heat wrap.

Unfortunately, im stuck with the same prob still. The pedal feels GREAT during normal driving and is much improved, but it still drops after a 4th gear pull
what clutch do you have? is it stock?
Old 02-14-2009, 02:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I hate clutches/hydraulics/ and transmissions in general

I've probably been through about 6 clutches on my car... none of them were that great... I liked my Clutchmasters Stg. III the best... right now i've got a Centerforce DFX and hate it... it chatters like a ****

been eyeballing those new "Monster Clutches" though... they seem to be getting some decent feedback with a good warranty.... only problem is, even with the warranty, the labor is never covered so that kinda screws you over when you gotta pay twice to have clutch work done... take it from me, it sux...

this MC that Tick offers does look like a nice piece... I've been looking at it for a while now. I have the drill mod done and don't have any engagement/disengagement issues or anything, but next time I'm doing work on the clutch area I'm likely to pick one of these up anyways... bout time someone built something like this...
Old 02-14-2009, 02:30 AM
11 Second Club

i like my stalled auto
Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 AM
9 Second Club

one day ill go auto but for now its power shifting for me LOL
and how do you use 6 clutchs? something does not sound right with the setup if thats the case.
im running a TEX X grip right now and it has been very good to me so far but it does not like stock MC
Old 02-14-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by tomz28
how do you use 6 clutchs? something does not sound right with the setup if thats the case.
your exactly right... i'd say most of the installs were done incorrectly is my guess... I've had a few tranny shops not even put sealant on the flywheel/crankshaft bolts, thus, spraying oil all over my entire assembly. Then, who knows what all the other problems were... not sure if there's anything wrong with my current setup, as the only problems seem to be tons of chatter and really harsh engagement on the drivetrain... but that is all part of having a DFX (stg. 5 i think) disk so...
Old 02-14-2009, 01:16 PM
9 Second Club

go beat the hell out of it some times that will get rid of it some times not LOL
and that sucks about all the BS you had to put up with
Old 02-14-2009, 01:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

monster clutches chatter as well, if its a puck style clutch its going to chatter from time to time, its just the nature of the beast. as far as the tick master, it is a very good piece i have install quite a few of vettes, and f-body with great success. much much much better then the mccleod master
Old 02-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Launching!

So i take it they are worth the money then? Because even with the GP deal this is still more than say a Ram or Dorman master cylinder.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
monster clutches chatter as well, if its a puck style clutch its going to chatter from time to time, its just the nature of the beast. as far as the tick master, it is a very good piece i have install quite a few of vettes, and f-body with great success. much much much better then the mccleod master
ryan how much better dose it feel at high rpm shifts with this MC?
you have more time with them than we do need some driving feedback
thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
9 Second Club

bump for the day
Old 02-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Has anyone used other brands then switched to this in order to share a little comparison details?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 AM
9 Second Club

we are at 49 right now get in on this!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey look at this (save money) good deal