Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got written up last night...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
the one for no insurance proof IF you had insurance shouldnt cost you anything; it didnt for me. I just showed proof that I had insurance on the date of the violation and they wrote it off.
But if SRJ didnt have proof, that can be expensive. I've seen some courts waive the fee if you get insurance after the fact (at least have it by the court date). I've seen other courts (the SF court that I just went to) actually checks to see if you were covered on the day of the violation. If not its like $759. ouch.

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
That's so stupid when they check on the computer they can tell if you have insurence or not unless u don't have insurence.
True, but I'd rather get a fix it ticket than get written up for exhibition of speed. 2 pts!. You can kill someone, as long as you weren't doing anything illegal (drunk driving, hit & run) and get 1 pt on your record, but peel them tires out and get 2 pts.

I also got one last night. Effing cop was follwing me from Santa Anita & lower Azusa down to Valley Blvd. I didn't see him at night with the effing top up. grrrr.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
But if SRJ didnt have proof, that can be expensive. I've seen some courts waive the fee if you get insurance after the fact (at least have it by the court date). I've seen other courts (the SF court that I just went to) actually checks to see if you were covered on the day of the violation. If not its like $759. ouch.

True, but I'd rather get a fix it ticket than get written up for exhibition of speed. 2 pts!. You can kill someone, as long as you weren't doing anything illegal (drunk driving, hit & run) and get 1 pt on your record, but peel them tires out and get 2 pts.

I also got one last night. Effing cop was follwing me from Santa Anita & lower Azusa down to Valley Blvd. I didn't see him at night with the effing top up. grrrr.
I've always had insurance, just didn't have the new card in the car.

And yes, I am happy with the outcome, I don't need another moving violation...
Old 03-05-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I've always had insurance, just didn't have the new card in the car.

And yes, I am happy with the outcome, I don't need another moving violation...
All should be good. I showed the bailiff, he read out the dates to the judge and that violation was dismissed.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

the expired tags ticket is gonna be the expensive one... think mine was like $400

the others are cheap fix-its... cept the insurance... you have to prove that you had insurance at that time, then it's cheap... otherwise if you never had it, then it'll be pretty steep...

My tickets - been clean for 4 years now

11 speeding (I'll never learn )
1 parking in a handicap spot (I honestly have a good reason )
1 unsafe turn
1 stereo system too loud
1 low tire tread
2 expired tags
1 out of state plates
1 window tint
Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so I got pulled over for squealing my wheels on a on ramp. Just my luck a CHP was exiting the adjacent off ramp. He wrote me up for some minor things:
  • expired tags
  • no proof of insurance
  • broken tail light

Anyone know how much the fees for these violations are?
dont know about the expired tags, but not having proof of insurance is 700+ i got it with my speeding ticket cuz i hadnt put on my insurance yet (just get the insurance co. you go with to say you had it but hadnt recived the paper for it, thats wat i did) judge cleared mine with a $10 fine to correct it, better than the 700.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
the expired tags ticket is gonna be the expensive one... think mine was like $400

the others are cheap fix-its... cept the insurance... you have to prove that you had insurance at that time, then it's cheap... otherwise if you never had it, then it'll be pretty steep...

My tickets - been clean for 4 years now

11 speeding (I'll never learn )
1 parking in a handicap spot (I honestly have a good reason )
1 unsafe turn
1 stereo system too loud
1 low tire tread
2 expired tags
1 out of state plates
1 window tint
Originally Posted by 01blkz28
dont know about the expired tags, but not having proof of insurance is 700+ i got it with my speeding ticket cuz i hadnt put on my insurance yet (just get the insurance co. you go with to say you had it but hadnt recived the paper for it, thats wat i did) judge cleared mine with a $10 fine to correct it, better than the 700.
What?!!!
I thought these were minor violations...
Old 03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Teching In

I got a ticket for speeding and no proof of insurance, it came out to $990 for both, i got the proof of insurance taken care of and it dropped to $282. then went to court and asked for traffic school and it came out to $322. But yeah not having proof of insurance is expensive and they take full advantage of them charging you that ****. Just go to wat ever insurance you decide and ask them to extend the date on the coverage. i bought my car on september of 08 and got my insurance to say i had coverage on it since may of 08 they were nice enough to do it since i have my daily driver on there with them.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01blkz28
I got a ticket for speeding and no proof of insurance, it came out to $990 for both, i got the proof of insurance taken care of and it dropped to $282. then went to court and asked for traffic school and it came out to $322. But yeah not having proof of insurance is expensive and they take full advantage of them charging you that ****. Just go to wat ever insurance you decide and ask them to extend the date on the coverage. i bought my car on september of 08 and got my insurance to say i had coverage on it since may of 08 they were nice enough to do it since i have my daily driver on there with them.
But I have current insurance. So no biggie I hope.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:08 PM
TECH Regular

But I have current insurance. So no biggie I hope.
your good..just show them the insurance card and its dropped..Get your tags FIRST, then go to court and show proof of correction, like 10 bucks.

You comin to riverside tonight?
Old 03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
SRJ squeelin his tires?? no way I don't believe it you lie I need proof.....
the tires werent squealing, they were crying because SRJ was entering the freeway they knew what was to come
Old 03-06-2009, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
the tires werent squealing, they were crying because SRJ was entering the freeway they knew what was to come
Old 03-06-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
Nahh they were screams of joy, they want and are begging to be warmed up for some good ol fashioned street maneuvers and extreme street navigation.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow u lucky.... of getting minor write ups...
these cops are so ******* retarded nowadays in CA cause they will write u up for any minor ****.... ******* bitches... if it was up to me i would ******* go vigilante on their ******* asses

PIGS....
Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
the one for no insurance proof IF you had insurance shouldnt cost you anything; it didnt for me. I just showed proof that I had insurance on the date of the violation and they wrote it off.
Same here..I just took my proof of insurance to the clerk window.

Quick Reply: Got written up last night...