Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

super chevy show 3/29/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
anyone go how was it, last year sucked so bad, i swore id never waste another dollar till it goes back to pomona.
ya my dumbass remembered superchevy was today, i used to always go to it in pomona, so i drove to pomona today and there was a dance competition there, i figured maybe there might be street legals at fontana, went there found super chevy and found that the show sucked compared to how it was at pomona
Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

last your was cold as ****. but still fun, minus the turnout. Definitely needs to go back to pomona!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SPLATT
last your was cold as ****. but still fun, minus the turnout. Definitely needs to go back to pomona!
i parked next to you in the lot, clean bird, lil dusty, but really nice when i came back out there was a fleet of impalas next to me haha
Old 03-30-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

last year? I didnt get to make it out this year. im on deployment. but i most likely would have the dusty one driving all the way from SD> thank god for california car duster!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Dude, your woman was a good sport being hazed by the MC.

Nice car too.
yeah she was great.....this is the 1st time i go to this show in a loooong time and the day i go my car gets crap and my girl gets to win beauty queen i guess im just hating on her a lil
Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It rained some last year if memory serves me correctly. Agree, the show sucks since it moved to Fontuckey. They should either go back to pomona or even Bakersfield.

Originally Posted by SPLATT
Old 03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
yeah she was great.....this is the 1st time i go to this show in a loooong time and the day i go my car gets crap and my girl gets to win beauty queen i guess im just hating on her a lil
you should be proud... Your car looked great!

So who got pics?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RitcheyRch
They should either go back to pomona or even Bakersfield.
Not going to happen.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

Not going to happen.
after another flop like this year and the last they are going to have to come up with something
Old 03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Can only hope. Think would have a better chance of going to Bakersfield than back to Pomona.

Not going to happen.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

after another flop like this year and the last they are going to have to come up with something

What makes you think it was a flop? It makes money, I promise you that.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Can only hope. Think would have a better chance of going to Bakersfield than back to Pomona.
Tend to agree with you, as the Street Legal program and Super Chevy were both sacrificial lambs to the local homeowners complaints in the surrounding areas. They knew that giving up some would keep the NHRA races safe there for a little while. Eventually, it will all be moved to Fontana.

Fontana, in spite of the drawbacks (wind and such), is a nicer facility than Bakersfield and Fontana makes a ton of concessions to the SCS to keep them there.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Teching In

The problem with Fontana is the drag strips location. The shut down is not long enough and therefore will never host a national event.

Tend to agree with you, as the Street Legal program and Super Chevy were both sacrificial lambs to the local homeowners complaints in the surrounding areas. They knew that giving up some would keep the NHRA races safe there for a little while. Eventually, it will all be moved to Fontana.

Fontana, in spite of the drawbacks (wind and such), is a nicer facility than Bakersfield and Fontana makes a ton of concessions to the SCS to keep them there.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Congrats to luis and his sweet car keep it up bro... Nice seeing all of my old friends.to bad my car is not ready maybe next year...
Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

What makes you think it was a flop? It makes money, I promise you that.
the fact that i have gone to every super chevy for the last 7years, and every year it gets worse, since it was moved to fontana, it used to be huge, with tons of show cars, exhibition cars and bracket racing, and test n tune, now its just a flop and a waste of time and money
Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uLs1a
Good turn out today.

Mark your sounds good
Wait, I've never been able to put a face to your screen name... Was that you with Jonothan and Mike?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Outstanding Plaque, Modified Chevelle Class 1964-1967

2 trophies, $100 and a sunburn.
I was too delirious from no sleep for a week to find you afterwards but CONGRATS MIKE
Old 03-30-2009, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

the fact that i have gone to every super chevy for the last 7years, and every year it gets worse, since it was moved to fontana, it used to be huge, with tons of show cars, exhibition cars and bracket racing, and test n tune, now its just a flop and a waste of time and money
I hear ya, it was bigger - even when it was just Super Chevy Sunday. Hopefully it will get bigger again, but won't do so in worse facilities.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

The problem with Fontana is the drag strips location. The shut down is not long enough and therefore will never host a national event.
You're right. The 1/4 mile thing was an afterthought in the layout of the speedway, unlike other venues where the design is actually incorporated. I've heard talk of changes to the track, but the whole thing is so politically mired in debate, it'll take years to get things done right.

The pragmatic issue with the layout could easily be fixed to allow the dragstrip to function to host bigger events, but the owners of the speedway don't want to make those changes because they then feel they're living with compromises for the two times a year they hold huge events.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

I hear ya, it was bigger - even when it was just Super Chevy Sunday. Hopefully it will get bigger again, but won't do so in worse facilities.
it needs to go to pomona, thats the only way, if pomona opened up for friday night test n tune, id be a happy happy man

Quick Reply: super chevy show 3/29/09