Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Installing subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LT Chevyboy
Don't trip my friend. Your welds are fine. I've had mine hold up perfectly for the past 2 years they've been welded into place, and you know as well as I that I've put them through the motions. Ex: I was 4th back out of 80+ cars and started from about 30 back, during the Invasion cruz this year and hung with the Vette in front of me just fine. And I check my under body routinely at least twice a month. Everything is still intact.

For quick and willing service, on a short notice appointment basis that shop is a place I'll continue to go to. He's been in business for countless years. Shops with bad reps don't stay up. And for the cost and speed of his work I'm happy with him or I would have never taken you there.

To each his own for opinions, but I'll trust my car and what it withstands in the twisties and canyons more than I will 2nd hand criticism. Remember that bro, before you openly put yourself or your car onto the Tech Thread "chopping block."
Exactly. I don't care what they say since nobody will see once it's painted, and it will never break since it's not under that much stress even in extreme driving situations, so I don't see the harm if a few parts of the weld don't look pretty. They work just fine.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Exactly. I don't care what they say since nobody will see once it's painted, and it will never break since it's not under that much stress even in extreme driving situations, so I don't see the harm if a few parts of the weld don't look pretty. They work just fine.
they'll get even less stress cause they are bolted too
Old 06-15-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
they'll get even less stress cause they are bolted too
True, I bolted them on there tight Lee, you should be good.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's see you do better for $40... I sure ain't paying Dyno Don $100 and waiting 6 months on his guest list.

If you want to, you can pay me $400 and I can have my master fabricator buddy reweld in the subframe connectors across the entire length with perfect nickel-shaped welds. If you want concourse quality you have to pay for concourse quality.

I doubt enough force is exerted on those welds to break them anyways (especially with them bolted in). If there is ever that much force, it'd only be in a major accident situation in which case one of the last things I'm worrying about is my subframe connector welds remaining intact...
Come one now, we're getting a little carried away in analogies. Just saying it is better sometimes to wait a little, save a little and get it done right than to end up nickel and diming yourself (by having to re-do things later) into a $25,000 **** box like my car
Old 06-15-2009, 04:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Come one now, we're getting a little carried away in analogies. Just saying it is better sometimes to wait a little, save a little and get it done right than to end up nickel and diming yourself (by having to re-do things later) into a $25,000 **** box like my car
Then I guess you should stop spending money on things that make your life fun now, and save up for the 2069 Camaro Z/28 (inflation's a bitch). Remember, it's better sometimes.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 AM
Banned

Then I guess you should stop spending money on things that make your life fun now, and save up for the 2069 Camaro Z/28 (inflation's a bitch). Remember, it's better sometimes.
Are you making fun of Adam's car again ?!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:41 AM
12 Second Club

Are you making fun of Adam's car again ?!
Of course not. Stop modding and start saving! With current inflation rates you'll need another $586,324.95 for that 2069 Z/28.

It's totally worth it to wait 60 years since it is a much better quality vehicle.

Last edited by ZexGX; 06-15-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Banned

Of course not. Stop modding and start saving! With current inflation rates you'll need another $586,324.95 for that 2069 Z/28.

It's totally worth it to wait 60 years since it is a much better quality vehicle.
You know what I was talking about right? The thread here...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/forum/...hp?topic=754.0
Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 AM
12 Second Club

You know what I was talking about right? The thread here...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/forum/...hp?topic=754.0
Yes, I know. You know what I was talking about? Sometimes it's best not to wait (Adam sure isn't). Carpe diem, carpe noctem. You get the idea.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Banned

Yes, I know. You know what I was talking about? Sometimes it's best not to wait (Adam sure isn't). Carpe diem, carpe noctem. You get the idea.
Sorry, I look at Adam's rims and think, "IT IS BEST TO WAIT"
Old 06-15-2009, 05:14 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry, I look at Adam's rims and think, "IT IS BEST TO WAIT"
If he painted them a different color they'd look fine to me. I'm sure they rotate efficiently enough for Adam.

You can wait for something to happen your whole life. I'm still waiting on that V8 swap.

Mike, I hope you get your SFCs installed before your car turns into a CA approved antique automobile.

It's time to get some sleep.

Last edited by ZexGX; 06-15-2009 at 05:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Installing subframe connectors