Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Can They Outlaw Hot Rodding?? The goverment wants to.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can They Outlaw Hot Rodding?? The goverment wants to.

Lets support the hobby and keep it going for future generations.

http://www.carinitiative.com/

http://www.semasan.com/
Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

our Govt is full of a bunch of ****
Old 09-17-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Because that's what's wrong with this country... people building hot rods! Fix that and everything else is cake!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These clowns need to concentrate more on whats wrong with this country (cough SPENDING cough cough) and less about this bullshit..

I mean seriously, if they were to ban/outlaw hot rodding, what would that lead to?Basically shutting down aftermarket parts suppliers? That would be GREAT for the economy!! Lets force even MORE people into unemployment, that will help!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If they want to make money why not just charge an extra fee to have a non-smog compliant vehicle. Instead of $150-200 to a smog place I'll give it to the state if they let me drive my car.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 180ls1
our Govt is full of a bunch of ****
yup and dumb asses
Old 09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Hot-Rodding as it once was has been illegal for years. The self-righteous fools don't realize they are short-circuiting young men's inspiration. None of my three sons is interested in fart-cans or wings - I don't blame them. My four-year-old grandson loves cars - he's too young to have been disillusioned.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that these politicians and lawmakers need to focus on what's relevant to our country, not hotrodding. However, the American public has voted these idiots into office, so I hope everyone on this forum is a registered voter and helps to get all these d-bags out of office.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The politicians are only moving in accordance with the specialty group or persons behind them, they are just nice well dressed and pressed puppets for some larger corporation trying to throw the smoke screen on us to give us the false illusion that we are doing harm to the environment when all these "studies" were proved false when they came out and said the scientist behind them fudged the numbers so the hippies could be happy.

Take CARB for instance with our own CA smog laws, who states that a modified vehicle is bad for the environment, all that I do is burn up more fuel, who is responsible for making that fuel? Some large oil company, they in turn are in charge of making fuel. During that process there may be some carbon footprint left behind, the only thing is everything we do to make power leaves a carbon footprint. There is not a single source of clean energy in the world, it all has some sort of price in order to get power.

Damn this subject gets me every time lol, I wish these so called "Liberals" mostly, and any other person whether they are Democrat or Republican, would just open their eyes to the fact that our world will never be as it once was, we grew too big for our shorts during the Industrial era and it will take some time to clean up but there is no need to go from one extreme to the other, peoples logic is just ridiculous haha.

Quick Reply: Can They Outlaw Hot Rodding?? The goverment wants to.