Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LS1 Work and tuning needed near tempe..opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Work and tuning needed near tempe..opinions?

Alright guys I've read the sticky on the shops around here in tempe and seems like there a handful of good ones. I am currently looking for a place to put in new injectors, weld in subframe connectors, and have it dyno tuned. I understand that the injectors and subframes are basic so im not worried about that, I do however want it to be tuned the best it can be. Car is currently an Iron block cam only car with stall gears boltons etc.

So I am asking everyones opinion on the shops around here and their tuning.

I have heard nothing but great things about Sean and Top gear however I dont believe they have a dyno? Also heard good things about Loud Pedal and Xtreme motorsports, any preferences? Plus's or negatives on either shop?

Now my other consideration is ADS, one of the tuners at a repuitable shop in the midwest told me that when I come out here if I need a retune or anything go to ADS because they are great tuners and the guy there used to do all of Lingenfelters tuning. I dont know if that is correct or not it's just what he said so I dont know.

So whats your suggestions guys?
Old 11-06-2010, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

try to find NicD, he should have an account here, he does tunnig for a couple of my friends, if not, try to open an account on desertstreetcars.com he is usually on that board, he is from phoenix and that board is from Tucson
Old 11-06-2010, 01:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Actually just found him on another site and emailed him bout tuning. Other than him anyone else have opinions on tuners
Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

He is the only tuner out here. As for wrench work, I can not speak for others, but Sean at Topgear is the most honest hardest working person I have ever dealt with. If you let him work on your car, you will not be disappointed.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Nicd is the guy to go to locally to get a tune done. Thats who I went to after my cam install. Good pricing and great tune.

Quick Reply: LS1 Work and tuning needed near tempe..opinions?