Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Phoenix boys! Where you at?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix boys! Where you at?

Hey guys figured i would start a new thread here and let you know a little about myself as i hope to meet up with some of you guys. I will be moving into the Phoenix area around the begining of October once i get back from Iraq. Originally from Idaho, it will be a nice change of pace and DEFINATLY change in weather. I'm tired of the snow

Anyway me and a couple buddies are getting a house down there(one already lives there) and i will be going to MMI. Would be nice to catch up with a few LSX guys and meet you all. Idaho is more of an import "V8's are trash" state so it will be great to finally be around true LSX guys

On to the car.... I have an 01 Mystic Teal Metallic Z28 with about 74k miles on it. Have owned it for 3 years, and i haven't even seen it in the last 15 months, thanks to the US Army. Anyway the car is currently a roller, i sold the trans and LS1 to a friend and had the car debadged and completely repainted Mystic Teal Metallic as the clear coat was peeling. Had the mirrors and berger panel done in gloss black as well. Car also has no hood as i purchased an SS hood for it when it went to paint, but after driving it on the freeway it just had to come off, so i will be in the market for a cowl hood soon.

Just picked up an 05 LQ4 for the car, going to do just a Heads/Cam package with an LS6 Intake mani and full bolt ons until i can free up some more cash for internals and a FAST set up. Going to try and find a core 4L60 and swap in a shift kit, deep dish pan, fleplate, 4400 converter, and some little misc items to strengthen it up a little, unless i can come accross a cheap TH350 or TH400. The 10 bolt will get built with some 3.73's until i can get a 9". Also going for full suspension and 150 shot. Will be my first time swapping in a motor instead of pulling one so it should be interesting none the less. Could use a couple free hands and some brains for me to pick while i'm down there if anyone will be interested.

None the less it will be nice to get around some real gearheads and check out a few of your rides. I have checked out the sticky for shops around Phoenix that are knowledgable on LSX and it's insane! I can think of 1 or 2 shops in all of Idaho and you guys have a damn sticky thread dedicated to them! Look forward to chatting with you guys a bit and meeting everyone, thanks guys - Zack
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

I live in Phoenix. I just picked up a 99 SS. I went to Iraq twice, when I was in the Marines. Phoenix is awesome dude. There is money, and jobs, and the weather is awesome. Even 115 with a nice breeze is still beautiful.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Staging Lane

i love it enough out here that when i got out of the AF, i came back home. i think i had talked to you a tad before kidd when you originally talked about moving oujt here.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

im in tolleson,az but my cars dead, trans needs a rebuild and the battery just died last week. Its probably gonna get sold sometime soon. Hopefully be back in the car seen in a few yrs with a 04-05 vette.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure if i have talked to anyone about moving before but i may have! I can't wait, it was 127 here yesterday so i'm thinking Phoenix will be some perfect weather and fairly easy to get use to.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

127 isn't that bad. Haha. Today should be about 106, couple that with a Monsoon maybe later.......Good stuff. Be safe and keep your head down. Where in that **** hole are you? I spent time in Ahdywania and Fallujah.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SM105K
127 isn't that bad. Haha. Today should be about 106, couple that with a Monsoon maybe later.......Good stuff. Be safe and keep your head down. Where in that **** hole are you? I spent time in Ahdywania and Fallujah.
All i can really tell you is i'm way up North. I'm not "regular" Army lol. I'm with a Task Force. What did you do in the Marines? A few of my buddies here are former Marines.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1_K1DD
All i can really tell you is i'm way up North. I'm not "regular" Army lol. I'm with a Task Force. What did you do in the Marines? A few of my buddies here are former Marines.
I was a machinegunner with Kilo Company 3rd Bn 5th Marines. We went through Baghdad in 03, and thrashed Fallujah in late 04.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was a machinegunner with Kilo Company 3rd Bn 5th Marines. We went through Baghdad in 03, and thrashed Fallujah in late 04.
That's awesome. If i remember right one of my guys was a mortar man and the other was commo. Not quite sure though. What's all done to your SS?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

That's awesome. If i remember right one of my guys was a mortar man and the other was commo. Not quite sure though. What's all done to your SS?
Just a lid, and a Flowmaster Cat Back that is effing terrible. It is my DD, so I have to baby it until my truck is fixed. Ford 4.6 that skipped a timing chain.......ouch.

Mods on tap in a couple of months.

Long Tubes and full dual Magnaflow exhaust
Cam and springs
LS6 intake
Upgraded fuel pump
Then some Nitrous

The car came with 3.42's so I am on the fence with a gear change.

Honestly, I just want a reliable 12 second, weekend warrior, when it is all said and done.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a lid, and a Flowmaster Cat Back that is effing terrible. It is my DD, so I have to baby it until my truck is fixed. Ford 4.6 that skipped a timing chain.......ouch.

Mods on tap in a couple of months.

Long Tubes and full dual Magnaflow exhaust
Cam and springs
LS6 intake
Upgraded fuel pump
Then some Nitrous

The car came with 3.42's so I am on the fence with a gear change.

Honestly, I just want a reliable 12 second, weekend warrior, when it is all said and done.
I would throw in some 4.10's with that and a short throw. Turn off that damn skip shift too and get a tune with those mods it should be a damn fun car. It definatly isn't hard to tap into the 12's with these cars.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to checkout AZFBA.com once you get into town. For local car events i.e. car shows, cruise-in, etc. checkout http://www.cruisinarizona.com/carshows.html . Hope this helps...
Old 08-05-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zeke34
Be sure to checkout AZFBA.com once you get into town. For local car events i.e. car shows, cruise-in, etc. checkout http://www.cruisinarizona.com/carshows.html . Hope this helps...
Thanks man, i appreciate it. I will check it out!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

I would throw in some 4.10's with that and a short throw. Turn off that damn skip shift too and get a tune with those mods it should be a damn fun car. It definatly isn't hard to tap into the 12's with these cars.
That is one thing it is going to get is a short throw. Looking at the Pro 5.0 set up. I like the 3.42's because I want 3.73's, however I plan on scrapping the 10 bolt for a 9 inch when she starts making some real power. Right now I just want to enjoy what I have, before I start throwing a ton of money at the car.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

phx here as well. i'm swapping a ls1 as we speak into my ls1 so might be able to help out a bit. i dont kno about u guys but i hate the hot weather lol
Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haven't experienced the Phoenix hot.. All i know is i freeze in ID when it's 60. And it feels great here in Iraq if it's about 110-115.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

I've lived here most of my life and still not used 2 it but its better than snow. No rust on our cars

Quick Reply: Phoenix boys! Where you at?