Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Airstrip Attack: Private Runway Shootout in February,Rolling Side by Side Competition

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airstrip Attack: Private Runway Shootout in February,Rolling Side by Side Competition

Hey guys and gals, after a lot of time and effort, we put together a private runway shootout. Some of us have waited our whole lives for something like this... and Shift-S3ctor brings you our first Airstrip Attack event! I am posting in this in most sections to reach out and get the widest variety and most awesome cars to do battle.

Where: Trona Airport. 14902 Airport Rd Trona, CA 93562
When: Saturday, February 25th, 2012. 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What: A 1/2 mile of acceleration in a rolling side by side competition.

*********** THE EVENT IS BEING HOSTED AT A NEW LOCATION********

We decided it was best not only for vehicle performance, but also for safety concerns to host the event at Trona Airport. Trona Airport is at an elevation of 1700 ft. which is significantly lower than our original venue and should allow cars to run a little better. We now have a longer runway as well (just over a mile) which allows for even more braking room for our 1/2 mile of acceleration. This runway is also at a 1.8% downgrade whereas our original location was slightly uphill.

This should be of no inconvenience since this new location is only about 20 minutes away from the original. The nearest hotels are still in the Ridgecrest area.

Lastly, come to the event with a FULL TANK OF GAS. Unfortunately, there are no convenient gas stations by our new location, so be sure to plan your fill ups before you arrive.

This first Airstrip Attack event is expected to bring various types of cars together to do some high speed, side by side racing on a private airstrip. You will be able to start from a roll, 25 mph to 50 mph, and accelerate for 1/2 mile, against your friend or enemy. It will be a War of the Worlds, as we expect a variety of American Muscle, JDM and European machines to show up and do battle. A winner will be announced at the end of the day.

We are aiming to keep racing off the streets and provide a badass outlet to race your car, flat out, against whoever you choose.
We have rented a private airstrip in Southern California to have this side by side battle of horsepower to see the baddest street cars at war. Inspired by Dragtimes and the Moscow Unlimited (both events in europe), we decided it was more than necessary to put the baddest street cars in the states head to head. No more bench racing or youtube arguments, this is for real.

From stock cars to highly modified vehicles, all are welcome. Convertibles are required to have a roll bar. ALL participants are required to bring and wear helmets. Tech Inspection will be heavily enforced. You may also bring your own race gas. Keep it off the streets and do it legally in a safe environment! Professional video and photography will be on hand.

Awards will be given for:
Fastest car of the day.
Fastest tuner of the day.

There will be a handful of performance shops out there sponsoring the event as well as participating with some crazy shop cars.

Some of the shops include Cunningham Motorsports, BBI, Gintani, ESS, and HG Motorsports.

Early pricing right now is at $225 per vehicle, which includes unlimited runs throughout the entire day. We expect somewhere between 5 and 10 runs per vehicle.

This is a LIMITED NUMBER event. This will not be open to the public to spectate. Only those participating and their immediate friends and family can attend.

To register, click here HERE.

Last edited by VetteFish; 01-08-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sounds fun. Very tempted but pricy.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, not far from my house.

What is the limit on spectators (# per paid entry)?
Old 12-31-2011, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

In...
Old 12-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Cool, not far from my house.

What is the limit on spectators (# per paid entry)?
There is no specific number but it must be reasonable. It is a space issue, there is no where for people just to come stand around. I would say 1 or 2 people max, (wife, friend, etc.)
Old 12-31-2011, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Im in... What time does tech start, and what time does the event end? (trying to figure out if i need a hotel that night)
Old 12-31-2011, 01:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
Im in... What time does tech start, and what time does the event end? (trying to figure out if i need a hotel that night)
it says 7am... i am getting a room up there.... put the t6 turbo on!!! and a drag radial!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
it says 7am... i am getting a room up there.... put the t6 turbo on!!! and a drag radial!
i actually just added some konis, BMR sway bars, built a functional rear diffuser, building a front air dam, redoing the entire cold side, bigger filter on the turbo, switching to an eboost2 and installing a meth kit. some hoosiers are on the list next..

p.s. do you ever let the eboost2 control meth? if so, does it work well?

also, I'm going to change my plugs soon, did you say you wanted me 1 step colder?
Old 12-31-2011, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Vettefish: I need to know if my FIA approved harness is okay. I want to make sure i'll pass tech before I pay. Any other major safety requirements? Also, is the event refundable if there is a weather cancellation?
Old 12-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Teching In

Vettefish: I need to know if my FIA approved harness is okay. I want to make sure i'll pass tech before I pay. Any other major safety requirements? Also, is the event refundable if there is a weather cancellation?
I will look into the harness approval and check back with you shortly.

There should not be any weather issues since it is the high desert and during that time of year they receive little to no rain. However, we are going to be confirming a back up date (likely the following weekend) just in case
Old 12-31-2011, 02:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i actually just added some konis, BMR sway bars, built a functional rear diffuser, building a front air dam, redoing the entire cold side, bigger filter on the turbo, switching to an eboost2 and installing a meth kit. some hoosiers are on the list next..

p.s. do you ever let the eboost2 control meth? if so, does it work well?

also, I'm going to change my plugs soon, did you say you wanted me 1 step colder?
the NGK br7efs is a 2 heat range colder then stock non-projected good to about 800-850 wheel.... if your going to push it hard over 850 rwhp run a B8EFS which is 3 ranges colder then stock non-projected
i have never used the e-boost to control the methanol...
Old 12-31-2011, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

interested but out of my budget.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I can get a good rate at the Carriage Inn with buffet breakfast included if anyone is interested. If I remember correctly, it is $79/nt.

I can check if that covers the weekend if anyone is interested.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

looks like a cool event just no one that'd be a good run for me to justify the price. get vids tho!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
looks like a cool event just no one that'd be a good run for me to justify the price. get vids tho!
should be quite a few cars right in your cars bracket.....
Old 01-03-2012, 08:45 AM
TECH Regular

looking at the registered car list almost everyone has over 700hp lol except for like 2-3 people
Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
looking at the registered car list almost everyone has over 700hp lol except for like 2-3 people
you'll be surprised that alot of the "700 hp" cars have trouble with c6z's
Old 01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

It doesn't say in the ad if this is going to be timed and/or mph clocked?

On a side note, for all attendees, there is a VP Racing Fuels gas station on Inyokern Rd. near the track that sells 100 octane and one other higher octane at the pump. I am 100% positive about the 100 unleaded though.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

hmmmm maybe looks like it'd be fun
Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
It doesn't say in the ad if this is going to be timed and/or mph clocked?

On a side note, for all attendees, there is a VP Racing Fuels gas station on Inyokern Rd. near the track that sells 100 octane and one other higher octane at the pump. I am 100% positive about the 100 unleaded though.
95 and 100 octane at the pump.

Quick Reply: Airstrip Attack: Private Runway Shootout in February,Rolling Side by Side Competition