Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyplace to get driveshaft balanced in SOUTH SOUTH san diego

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyplace to get driveshaft balanced in SOUTH SOUTH san diego

Im in Imperial Beach (south of downtown san diego) anyone know a place that can check the balance on my driveshaft? I got a vibration when I let off or step on the gas at around 60-80, I got an adjustable torque arm, and it helped but didn't fix the problem. I changed the u-joints and it reduced it but still didn't fix it. figured last thing to cehck was the driveshaft, any other ideas?

I also have a torque arm relocation crossmember, and a custom made 8.8 (i made it myself). Ive had the 8.8 for a year now, and been driving it like this since then, but its annoying now. Thanks all
Old 05-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only good one I've heard of down here is Drive Line Service of San Diego. I think it's up near Mission Beach. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think anywhere that specializes in tranny's should be able to do it.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

East county drive line is good. They do all the drive shafts for Gear Venders and there right down the streat from them. They only do steal.

Oceanside Driveline is off Mission Rd I think and does a lot of work and has been around for a while. They can also do aluminum.

Inland Epmpire Drivelind I think is by far the best for aluminum and had a larg number of splicer parts in stock. I would recomend them over anyone else.

Also Just an FYI you cant re ballance a stock one.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by haighter
East county drive line is good. They do all the drive shafts for Gear Venders and there right down the streat from them. They only do steal.

Oceanside Driveline is off Mission Rd I think and does a lot of work and has been around for a while. They can also do aluminum.

Inland Epmpire Drivelind I think is by far the best for aluminum and had a larg number of splicer parts in stock. I would recomend them over anyone else.

Also Just an FYI you cant re ballance a stock one.
Oh you can't ? **** then im screwed , I know you do work on the side CJ, any chance you can diagnose this nose (wether its pinion angle or rear-end related), and findout why my compressor won't kick on my a/c? Im pretty sure its down to being the 3 pin sensor (low/high pressure?) because if I apply power straight to the compressor it kicks on.

Quick Reply: Anyplace to get driveshaft balanced in SOUTH SOUTH san diego