Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

swap question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap question

A friend of mine is looking into swapping a 6.0L from a 2006 Escalade ext. And he's going to put a callaway procharger on it. He also wants to put a cam in it. Now the question is. Will the stock springs and lifters work well with a 242/244 cam.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Springs? **** NO! Time to look for a dual spring option, especially for a boost application.

Lifters, maybe, but i would seriously consider upgrading while you have them out.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Springs? **** NO! Time to look for a dual spring option, especially for a boost application.

Lifters, maybe, but i would seriously consider upgrading while you have them out.
What he said, I think the lifters should be fine, how many miles are on them? I would say to just pick up a set of LS7 lifters for now since they are pretty affordable and you can use stock pushrods with them, well ideally, it is still good to check pushrod length regardless just to be safe and have everything correct.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
What he said, I think the lifters should be fine, how many miles are on them? I would say to just pick up a set of LS7 lifters for now since they are pretty affordable and you can use stock pushrods with them, well ideally, it is still good to check pushrod length regardless just to be safe and have everything correct.
I think he meant stock length, not the stock pushrods. You'll want some chromemoly pushrods.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I think he meant stock length, not the stock pushrods. You'll want some chromemoly pushrods.
Thanks SRJ you are correct, stock length. I appreciate that.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Ok. Thanks both of you I kinda figured he'd have to go with double springs. It just seems like he'd be having too much hp for them to withstand. I honestly don't know why he didn't get the whole cam package with lifters and springs I'm sure they had one. But I figure he can get a good set of lifters springs and pushrods for say maybe 400 depending

Quick Reply: swap question