Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

San Diego area members..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default San Diego area members..

I'm considering moving to the SD area to finish my BA & continue with graduate school (aiming for SDSU). This is all still in theory as I'd have to choreograph transferring schools, work, and finding housing in order to make the move but I'm looking to get some input about the general area from the folks down there.

Rather than rent I'm looking to buy a small condo with a garage. If I move down there I'd be transferring to the corporate office of the company I'm working for (that's the plan anyways) in Poway. Ideally I'd like to find a place that's semi equidistant to school & work.

I found a killer deal on a condo just north of Rancho Penasquitos in an area called "Santa Luz". It's only 12 miles from Poway but 27mi to SDSU. It was also suggested I check out Eastlake and Otay Ranch, which are still in the price range for a small starter condo. They are closer to campus but further from work but I do like that they are newer communities. Being that I'll paying for school out of pocket (broke!) I don't want to get too big of a place and overextend myself.

Anyhow, what's a decent area out there? Where's the traffic commute the worst? How's the pace overall out there? Places to go...things to do. I probably wouldn't have an LSX vehicle again any time soon, but I'd probably pick up another bike for a toy so I need some roads to ride!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, not much action there eh? Or I may be on the wrong forum lol.

Quick Reply: San Diego area members..