Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

QUESTION::: T56 Sensors? pls help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question QUESTION::: T56 Sensors? pls help

So i keep on getting a P0500 code, I replaced the sensor located on the left side of the transmission (drivers side) next to the reverse solenoid. Does anyone know how many sensors the t56 actually has? Does the engine carry a speed sensor too? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T56 has reverse lockout on drivers side, vss on drivers side and skip shift on drivers side, on passengers side is the reverse lights.

Does your car have traction control?
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Thanks adam yes it has the asr bs
Old 09-24-2012, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You might need to replace the speed sensors at the axles, they are behind the rear brakes and are magnetic sensors, you can find them by looking behind the rear brakes and see the thing that looks like a gear and there should be a sensor attached to the axle tube with the tip pointing towards the gear.

If you need help, I can get a picture for ya when I get home and send it to you, if these go out there is a possibility that it will throw that code as well.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
You might need to replace the speed sensors at the axles, they are behind the rear brakes and are magnetic sensors, you can find them by looking behind the rear brakes and see the thing that looks like a gear and there should be a sensor attached to the axle tube with the tip pointing towards the gear.

If you need help, I can get a picture for ya when I get home and send it to you, if these go out there is a possibility that it will throw that code as well.
It depends if its a TCS model or not. You might also need to check the 3rd member/pumpkin and look for the pickup off the ring gear. Check your dif oil while your at it. If you have any T56 questions feel free to call me at 209-559-7342. Thanks, Clyde Haight
Old 09-30-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haighter
It depends if its a TCS model or not. You might also need to check the 3rd member/pumpkin and look for the pickup off the ring gear. Check your dif oil while your at it. If you have any T56 questions feel free to call me at 209-559-7342. Thanks, Clyde Haight
Ahh good Haighter joined in, honestly this guy knows his stuff. I hope you get your problem solved.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84

thanks for helping out Adam, its weird light hasn't come back on since last time i erased it (about 3 days ago) it would take less than a few hours for it to come back on but nothing yet, im praying. car seems to run good too. thanks again.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by haighter
Yo what's up CJ, thanks i really appreciate it. if anything comes up on the tranny ill make sure to shoot you a call/text. thanks.

Quick Reply: QUESTION::: T56 Sensors? pls help