Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Moving to Red Rock, AZ. Any tips on where to find a job???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Moving to Red Rock, AZ. Any tips on where to find a job???

Hey guys,

I recently just came back from visiting family in Oro Valley, AZ and Red Rock, AZ. My girls cousin just bought a new house for like 130K, equivalent to a 350K house here in SoCal. It was so peaceful out there and the houses were awesome for the price. My girl and I talked about it and we decided to look into moving there. My only concern there is jobs. I've heard it's almost impossible to find something decent out there of at least $15/hr.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on anyone who is hiring? I don't have any degrees or certifications, just a diploma. I've worked in a office doing contracts for the past 7yrs but I'm willing to go into whatever pays. I'm also thinking of applying with the local PD out there.

My girl has worked in the medical-medicare field as a case worker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's tough in AZ. The economy in that particular state hasn't been too great. You might wanna think about getting some sort of certification while working whatever job you can get. It'll just be temporary hopefully and help you out later on...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I've heard that from some people. Then I hear others say it's not as bad as everyone claims it to be. You just have to be determined to find a job. I'm applying to a few places right now so hopefully I get a call back. The only thing that will suck is the interview. I would have to go all the way down there just for that.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny
Ya I've heard that from some people. Then I hear others say it's not as bad as everyone claims it to be. You just have to be determined to find a job. I'm applying to a few places right now so hopefully I get a call back. The only thing that will suck is the interview. I would have to go all the way down there just for that.
You have a better chance of finding a job out there than here being unemployed. The job seekers to job openings here is really high 7:1. California alone has 2 cities in the south land in the top 10 worst employment cities in the USA at a ratio of 3:1. Don't let people change your mind in moving, I have had lots of family move out of state in the past 6 years and they all found jobs within a month, While most of them where unemployed here.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys,

I recently just came back from visiting family in Oro Valley, AZ and Red Rock, AZ. My girls cousin just bought a new house for like 130K, equivalent to a 350K house here in SoCal. It was so peaceful out there and the houses were awesome for the price. My girl and I talked about it and we decided to look into moving there. My only concern there is jobs. I've heard it's almost impossible to find something decent out there of at least $15/hr.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on anyone who is hiring? I don't have any degrees or certifications, just a diploma. I've worked in a office doing contracts for the past 7yrs but I'm willing to go into whatever pays. I'm also thinking of applying with the local PD out there.

My girl has worked in the medical-medicare field as a case worker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.
Got the perfect job for you.....Arizona Dept. of Corrections

I worked as a COII for 6 years after moving out here trying to join a poilce force after being on the force in Michigan.

The Job is down right horrendous. You get threatened, beat up, sued, spit on, and everything is your fault... LOL.. I'm dead serious...

But if you can handle it for a couple years, it's good money $20 an hour plus great benefits and they will hire almost anybody now with a clean record and a diploma.

They even reduced their academy a few years ago from 9 to 7 weeks.. Yes you get paid to attend... It's Tuscon...

It's really a love hate job... Being a cop was way better...
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sounds like a good idea. As a matter of fact I'm going to apply to the PD once I'm out there but I need something I can get within a few months and I would need to go through testing for a CO, which would take months.

Any other ideas???
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

That sounds like a good idea. As a matter of fact I'm going to apply to the PD once I'm out there but I need something I can get within a few months and I would need to go through testing for a CO, which would take months.

Any other ideas???
Yeah.. It's a good job to get you in law enforcement. It will help you get o with local PD after a few years.

I'll tell you upfront the academy is pretty brutal. They straight treated me like I was back in the army... I was shocked. I heard they have toned it down a little. But over all it was fun watching other people freak out.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya law enforcement is my primary goal. I just wonder if it's easier to harder to get into law enforcement in AZ.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not difficult. You just can't have anything in collections. So as long as you have a clean record and no accounts in collections you're good.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I actually applied for LAPD this year and after passing the poly they sent me a letter disqualifying me, I think due to my driving record. The last speeding ticket was in 2009. After talking to my recruiter he said to give it 3 years from the date of the ticket and reapply. So if I don't move out there I'll be reapplying next year. I just wonder if law enforcement in AZ was easier to get into.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, still looking. I've been applying to a bunch of places from insurance companies to Coke-Cola to Tuscon city jobs. I've sent off resumes but so far no luck.

Anyone have any leads/tips that can help me out. I'm not a picky guy. Just not looking to make less than $15/hr.

Quick Reply: Moving to Red Rock, AZ. Any tips on where to find a job???