Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

5th gen Camaro have no Camaro badging.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5th gen Camaro have no Camaro badging.....

.....or am I missing something? Unlike the 4th gen that has the red, white, and blue badge, the 5th gen camaro just has a bow tie.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

they have "Camaro" badges on each side
Attached Thumbnails 5th gen Camaro have no Camaro badging.....-2012-12-16_11-49-43_378.jpg  
Old 12-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah ive noticed that too... they've lost that signature red white and blue flag that was on the nose of the 4th gens and other locations on previous generation Camaros. Even cadillacs wreath and crest logo has been trimmed down, and I believe the corvette flags have also become less and less detailed over the years.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

I really loved the signature red white and blue flag on the 4tg gen. Even the monte carlo was unique with its badging. Whats next, a bow tie on a corvette instead of the cross flags?
Old 12-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

If I recall correctly, ive never seen a corvette with a bowtie from the factory. In the old days it seemed the given model was the star of the show i.e. Corvette, Camaro, Monte Carlo, Grand National, Trans Am, each with distinct model specific logos. Now its only about the manufacturer and your lucky to see the same plain chrome letters spelling out the model somewhere on the vehicle, Camaro, Silverado, Impala etc....
Old 12-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 4th Gen Trans Am doesn't have a Pontiac Emblem on it.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
The 4th Gen Trans Am doesn't have a Pontiac Emblem on it.
It's odd too, considering the front bumper, little nose piece is perfect for it.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSkull
It's odd too, considering the front bumper, little nose piece is perfect for it.
And that's exactly where I put it.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
And that's exactly where I put it.

Nice, I got one too, just too lazy to have actually put it on. Seems like they would've did it from the factory. Only other spot on the car that has the logo is the steering wheel.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most every car back in the day had its own emblem to the model. Firebirds, Camaro, Impala, Corvette, Monte Carlo, Mustang, Thunderbird, Roadrunner, Demon, Superbee all pop into mind.

Cars aren't perceived as they used to be, and there is so many different models that companies need recognition for the brand rather than the model anymore I think. Cars don't have identities to most people anymore, they're just appliances.

Most cars that have model symbols anymore are traced back to the 50's or 60's. I can't honestly think of a single car that has it's own symbol that isn't at least rooted to the 70's.

EDIT****Dodge Viper, early 90's. Lol Can anybody else name any?

Originally Posted by cntrmnt02ss
If I recall correctly, ive never seen a corvette with a bowtie from the factory. In the old days it seemed the given model was the star of the show i.e. Corvette, Camaro, Monte Carlo, Grand National, Trans Am, each with distinct model specific logos. Now its only about the manufacturer and your lucky to see the same plain chrome letters spelling out the model somewhere on the vehicle, Camaro, Silverado, Impala etc....
The Corvette emblem has the Bowtie on the flag on every single generation, if that counts, but never a stand-alone bowtie on the exterior that I can think of. Camaro emblem is of course the same way.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:35 PM

The 5th gen only has it on the side in chrome lettering. It looks pretty tacky though so I took some goo be gone and fishing line to mine. I do wish I had the Camaro emblem somehwere on it it. I always like the placement and look of that emblem on the 3rd gens.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

As far as the 5th gens, you would think a car designed to be so "retro" wouldn't have missed out on that nod to the past.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Camaro have no Camaro badging.....