Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ebay brakes Brakemotive review

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay brakes Brakemotive review

So basically don't let the hype get to you. I have read countless reviews of these products and everyone claiming they are something special. I needed a new set of brakes, but was in the middle of building an engine and didn't want to spring for the Z06 upgrade package or CTSV brakes just yet. I thought for 160 bucks shipped how can this price be beat!!! it can't to be honest. If you are in a jam and can't afford a good brake package these are for you. However I have noticed that with spirited driving I can over heat these brakes with ease. They stop well but as expected these also shoot out a bunch brake dust much more than acceptable.

Basically if you can't afford to get a quality set of pads and rotors these are a good option. If you can buy good quality pads and rotors and still have food on the table? I'd suggest doing that. (I did paint my calipers black and these are painted black from the factory so cool factor is bad *** TBH)
Old 04-25-2017, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

So they stop good and your only complaint is brake dust?
Old 04-26-2017, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No the brake dust is annoying but my real complaint was they overheat quite easily. Not great at dispersing heat especially as a drilled and slotted rotor. Its not rare for me to arrive at my destination and you can just smell the super hot brakes when a normal stock pair wouldn't be that hot. Leads me to believe these will warp quite easily. That's my big negative. They stop well but I'm not sure they would out stop an AC delco set up from the dealership.

Quick Reply: Ebay brakes Brakemotive review